Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Feb 19, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #1,456 of 2,614
Sorry guys, don't want to be the one overtaking this thread, but I've edited the brightness setting icons back to stock. It simply didn't jive with the functionality. Also did some slight saturation adjustments to the new shortcuts menus at the same time.

DONE, FINISHED, and COMPLETE. Same file download, Analogue II.

Feb 19, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #1,458 of 2,614
Has anyone created (or can create) a mod that changes how the library functions? I'm specifically looking for a deeper structure for the GENRE section, particularly GENRE>LIST OF ARTISTS>LIST OF ALBUMS>TRACKS.

Only visual tweaks and some text changes. Nothing functional.

Feb 19, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #1,459 of 2,614
Man, I was going to let it go for a while but it was just nagging at me so I HAD to finish it off. Now I've got to work double time to catch up with the real world!!
eek.gif

I hope you guys that download it get to play around a bit and check out all the nuances. I really went too far with this one and didn't expect it to get so involved.

Ok, one more pic.......

Thanks guys for all the compliments BTW. It really gets me jazzed to try and do a good job!!
beerchug.gif

Props for the nice work.
Looks very nice those new icons.

Feb 19, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #1,460 of 2,614

Solar: Introducing the most minimal theme I have ever made.

i think this'll be my theme from now on. i'm a real fan of minimalism and this can hardly be beaten. thanks!

also loving what @Hawaiibadboy's doing. wish i had more time to be actively involved in the theming here.

-CH23

Feb 19, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #1,462 of 2,614
i think this'll be my theme from now on. i'm a real fan of minimalism and this can hardly be beaten. thanks!

also loving what @Hawaiibadboy
's doing. wish i had more time to be actively involved in the theming here.

-CH23

Your rotated 90° mod spawned a whole bunch of inspiration and was one of the first mods ever. It would be great to see you back at it! :)

Feb 19, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #1,463 of 2,614
Sorry guys, don't want to be the one overtaking this thread, but I've edited the brightness setting icons back to stock. It simply didn't jive with the functionality. Also did some slight saturation adjustments to the new shortcuts menus at the same time.

Downloaded the latest and greatest Analog II. Mate, pretty impressive stuff. The whole thing just flows beautifully. The new toggle buttons are so easy to interpret. The shortcuts now align to the theme. Amazing how much less crowded and symmetrical the top looks after you removed "G=" on the left. Here are the 3 things I've noticed:

1) Some of the Systems Settings and Play Settings menu option selections are not aligned to the very right of the screen when I feel they should be. Please refer to the below:

Play Settings >>> Play Mode, Resume Mode, Power-on volume    
System Settings >>> File Name Display, USB Mode

2) On the now playing screen, the font used for the time elapsed and total time of a track is difficult to read.

3) I might get shot for this, and this is a personal preference, but is there is a way to get rid of that scratch on the glass at the top of the main menu dial? My X5 is in impeccable condition, I want my pretend glass dial to be on par :p

Feb 19, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #1,464 of 2,614

It's a lot faster and a deeper mod.
You can see playlists and numbers and all that normal stuff
biggrin.gif

Agree on it being a faster and deeper mod. Love that new image you used in the intro and music browsing menu too. Refer to my previous comment to Relic around legibility of the time elapsed and total time of the track on the Now Playing screen. I think you both used the same font there and I think it is hard to read. Also, given your theme is a visual one, which to me means it requires minimal reading, I think the only part I struggle with when navigating are your toggle switches in the Play Settings and System Settings. Their on/off/selection state can be a little confusing. The position of the switch can at times feel contradictory to what it represents as being selected, if that makes sense.

Feb 19, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #1,465 of 2,614
  Agree on it being a faster and deeper mod. Love that new image you used in the intro and music browsing menu too. Refer to my previous comment to Relic around legibility of the time elapsed and total time of the track on the Now Playing screen. I think you both used the same font there and I think it is hard to read. Also, given your theme is a visual one, which to me means it requires minimal reading, I think the only part I struggle with when navigating are your toggle switches in the Play Settings and System Settings. Their on/off/selection state can be a little confusing. The position of the switch can at times feel contradictory to what it represents as being selected, if that makes sense.

Dude you are the M.V.P of this thread.

I already made all those changes!

Thanks.
beerchug.gif

FW updated

Feb 19, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #1,466 of 2,614

also loving what @Hawaiibadboy's doing. wish i had more time to be actively involved in the theming here.

-CH23

Your mod inspired me.
Getting any feedback from you is a high compliment.
You one of the folks that first cracked it open and did something.
Much thanks. You made my day.

I was like the kid below when I first saw your mod.
mmmmmm,,want...mmmm

Thanks again and

Aloha!!!

Feb 19, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #1,468 of 2,614
Too good, thanks for the quick fixes. I will give the FW a good test run tomorrow as it's 12.30am here in Sydney. This hobby is going to get my ass fired
smily_headphones1.gif

I just changed and took the albums off the fast picking screen as it is over the top.
It's done unless you see something in casual use that seems off.
Your input is worth gold and diamonds.
Get some sleep.

Feb 19, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #1,469 of 2,614
I updated the first post to add "Lunar" from @AsianInvasion.

Also added the links for the latest changelog for "Hi-Fi" from @Hawaiibadboy and "Analogue II" from @x RELIC x

I added a note about the future change of the structure to allow user to find themes more easily. I'm also thinking of sorting themes by modder and then by theme name (alphabetically). The alterations of a mod would be within the initial author's section.

Let me know what you think about the sorting.

Feb 19, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #1,470 of 2,614

You've really done an outstanding job with this theme.

I usually cannot stand anything "fake". By that I mean anything that is deliberately made to look like something else, or something cosmetic which serves no real purpose. Fake wood, fake carbon wrapped, hood scoops, a spoiler on a civic, etc.

And even though the entire concept behind your theme is making the player look like something it isn't, your execution of it is great. Really looking forward to seeing more of you work. Rocking your theme while I finish mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back