FiiO X5 beta firmware 2.06beta-2.07beta download and discussion: all sorts of sorting improvements!
Jul 29, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #166 of 189
Thanks, Relic

I just found the app and what they're doing, and incorporated it into Dapper. Schweet! No OSX Uglies :wink:

Did you update the link with these features? That would be great, and much appreciate your work! :)

Jul 30, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #167 of 189
Did you update the link with these features? That would be great, and much appreciate your work!
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyone who downloaded from the link will be prompted to auto update to the latest, yes. :)

Aug 3, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #170 of 189
+1 
Currently using one of 128gb  and one of 64gb and already approaching the 5800 limit!

Aug 6, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #173 of 189
Small bug: when I have the X5 plugged to my laptop in external drive mode, if I unplug it the auto library building function starts.
If I replug the X5 before the library has finished to rebuild, it freezes the X5.

Am I the only one like that ?

Aug 6, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #174 of 189
  Small bug: when I have the X5 plugged to my laptop in external drive mode, if I unplug it the auto library building function starts.
If I replug the X5 before the library has finished to rebuild, it freezes the X5.

Am I the only one like that ?

It means you have the library set to auto update so the player assumes when you've connected in storage mode that you may have altered the files on the device so it rescans upon disconnection.

When you plug it back in, I think it's just too much for the processor to handle because it's trying to scan the library and release / re-mount the drives at the same time for access by the computer. I suppose maybe FiiO could write the code to allow an instant cancellation of the scan upon USB connection, but in the meantime you might want to either wait for the scan to finish or switch off auto-scanning if this is something you're doing regularly

Aug 6, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #175 of 189

It means you have the library set to auto update so the player assumes when you've connected in storage mode that you may have altered the files on the device so it rescans upon disconnection.

When you plug it back in, I think it's just too much for the processor to handle because it's trying to scan the library and release / re-mount the drives at the same time for access by the computer. I suppose maybe FiiO could write the code to allow an instant cancellation of the scan upon USB connection, but in the meantime you might want to either wait for the scan to finish or switch off auto-scanning if this is something you're doing regularly

Yep, it is what I am doing. Definitelly not an annoying bug.

I was also wondering, where are we in terms of a crossfeed function? I know some people have asked for it in the past somewhere in the forum.
Some old jazz album are recorded with instruments distinctively on the left or right, and with headphones it sounds weird.
The alternative for me would be to reencode the songs after applying a crossfeed filter. Anybody does that ? What software would you recommend ?

Aug 6, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #176 of 189

Yep, it is what I am doing. Definitelly not an annoying bug.

I was also wondering, where are we in terms of a crossfeed function? I know some people have asked for it in the past somewhere in the forum.
Some old jazz album are recorded with instruments distinctively on the left or right, and with headphones it sounds weird.
The alternative for me would be to reencode the songs after applying a crossfeed filter. Anybody does that ? What software would you recommend ?

If you are running Windows, then Foobar has a confuigurable crossfeed DSP

Aug 10, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #177 of 189
I thought I had resolved my stuttering playback problems with 24 bit 96 Khz flac files after I formatted my cards to fat32 in the X5 and then re-copied all of my music back to the cards.  Unfortunately with beta 2.07 the problem has returned on certain albums.  My 16 bit flac from CD files play fine, but as an example "American Beauty", a very well mastered 96 khz Dead album from HD Tracks, stutters from time to time on different tracks for a few seconds - it's unpredictable and occurs in different files and locations each time.  It's a problem when an advertised "HI-Res" player can't play hi-res files properly.

Aug 10, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #178 of 189
I thought I had resolved my stuttering playback problems with 24 bit 96 Khz flac files after I formatted my cards to fat32 in the X5 and then re-copied all of my music back to the cards.  Unfortunately with beta 2.07 the problem has returned on certain albums.  My 16 bit flac from CD files play fine, but as an example "American Beauty", a very well mastered 96 khz Dead album from HD Tracks, stutters from time to time on different tracks for a few seconds - it's unpredictable and occurs in different files and locations each time.  It's a problem when an advertised "HI-Res" player can't play hi-res files properly.

What's the resolution of the albumart and or embedded albumart?

And what's the micro SD card brand/type?

Aug 10, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #179 of 189

what format did you download?

Aug 10, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #180 of 189
What's the resolution of the albumart and or embedded albumart?

And what's the micro SD card brand/type?

As I mentioned, this is a problem with 24 bit flac files.  All my music is in flac format.  The cards are 64 GB A-Data class 10 bought from a reputable brick and mortar store and defect free.  when i had earler problems with 24 bit playback, I deleted album art from the troubled albums.  The HD tracks files have embedded album art, but I don't know the resolution.  I use Linux and don't have tag reading/manipulation software installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back