FiiO X5 beta firmware 2.06beta-2.07beta download and discussion: all sorts of sorting improvements!
Jul 8, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #16 of 189
  Hey Relic...I find that if your tagging is done like such "Artist Name>Album Title>Track number>Track Title" that the play all by artist works just fine on 2.05b. It shows and plays like this:

Album 1

01 Song
02 Song
03 Song

Album 2

01 Song 
02 Song
03 Song

That's my point, with 2.02 I don't have to change anything. The Play All by Artist subcategory in 2.02 looks at all the albums by an artist and organizes the songs per album, one album after the other, with the songs in the proper order for each album. They nailed it. Go back to that. Done.

I'll stick with 2.02 until they can go back to that behaviour. 

Edit: I'm impressed with the progress Fiio is making everywhere else and simply really like this feature.

Jul 9, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #17 of 189
I would ask that when FiiO gets these beta firmwares worked out and goes to a release version that they please release very detailed instructions (maybe in a supplement to the user's manual) on creating playlists for the X5.  I will say that the efforts the guys at FiiO are making are head and shoulders above the rest of the pack, including their closest rival (which I also have, and may just end up getting rid of).
wink_face.gif

Cheers and Thanks!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jul 9, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #19 of 189
  Can someone post the first few lines / entries from a playlist that they generated externally that works on the X5?

Still using the original one I had - it's working perfectly:

#EXTM3U
TF1:\3 Doors Down\Away From the Sun\02 Away From The Sun.flac
TF1:\10cc\The Very Best Of 10CC\09 Art For Art's Sake.flac
TF1:\Adele\Live At The Royal Albert Hall\04 - Turning Tables (Live).flac
TF1:\Agnes Obel\Aventine\04 Aventine.flac
TF1:\Alison Krauss & Union Station\Paper Airplane\02 Dust Bowl Children.flac
TF1:\Alter Bridge\One Day Remains\06 Broken Wings.flac
TF1:\Amber Rubarth\Sessions from the 17th Ward\08 Tundra.flac
TF1:\Amy Winehouse\Back to Black\02 You Know I'm No Good.flac
TF1:\Angus & Julia Stone\Down The Way\03 For You.flac
TF1:\Beth Hart\Live At Paradiso\04 Lifts You Up.flac
TF1:\Breaking Benjamin\Shallow Bay\07 The Diary Of Jane.flac

The only issue is that it doesn't actually appear in playlists.  You have to browse to it in folder view.  But otherwise - no issues.

Jul 9, 2014 at 5:05 AM Post #20 of 189

The only issue is that it doesn't actually appear in playlists.  You have to browse to it in folder view.  But otherwise - no issues.

Does it appear in playlists after a library refresh?

Jul 9, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #21 of 189

I assume you have manually added the TF1 root path? The rumour from Joe was that this was no longer required, but I can't get it to work yet

Jul 9, 2014 at 5:41 AM Post #22 of 189

Does it appear in playlists after a library refresh?

Nope.  I'm assuming that part isn't implemented yet.  If anyone is getting their playlist recognised after scan - I'd love to see a copy of their file, or know what I'm doing different.

I assume you have manually added the TF1 root path? The rumour from Joe was that this was no longer required, but I can't get it to work yet

Yep - I manually added them.  I have tracks on both cards (that snippet I posted was just part of a 50 track playlist), so putting relative paths means I'd still have have to have full paths to recognise the different cards - so no real point.  Easier just to edit - and I know it works.

Jul 9, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #23 of 189
This was brought up in a different thread but any chance Fiio will be allowing changes/tweaking to the stock EQ's (as initially advertised)? Also really hoping that at some point the shortcuts will allow for more options for example accessing the EQ screen straight from the 'now playing' screen instead of navigating through the main menu to get there.

Hoping there are others out there supporting these features...

Regards

Jacques

Jul 9, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #24 of 189

And the rumor from JHutchins now is that the way to make this work is to just add the #EXTM3U line to the top of your playlist which is otherwise locally generated. :eek:

If this is confirmed to be the solution, I'll get to work telling the devs to not look for the #EXTM3U tag...

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 9, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #25 of 189
One more question to you guys regarding the new beta firmwares...
Are we still running into the bug where the first song plays at 2 seconds in instead of from the start?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #27 of 189
And the rumor from JHutchins now is that the way to make this work is to just add the #EXTM3U line to the top of your playlist which is otherwise locally generated.
eek.gif

If this is confirmed to be the solution, I'll get to work telling the devs to not look for the #EXTM3U tag...

I have the #EXTM3U tag at the top of the playlist

The playlist works - but the only way to get the X5 to recognise it is to browse to it using local folder browsing.

Is there a different tag it will recognise?

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #28 of 189
And the rumor from JHutchins now is that the way to make this work is to just add the #EXTM3U line to the top of your playlist which is otherwise locally generated. :eek:

I have the #EXTM3U tag at the top of the playlist

The playlist works - but the only way to get the X5 to recognise it is to browse to it using local folder browsing.

Is there a different tag it will recognise?

What I meant was that an M3U pointing to songs on the same card as the M3U (such that drive letters are not employed in the file pointers in the M3U, unlike your M3Us) was not thought to be working at all (as in, you can browse to the M3U file in any way and the X5 will just throw an error at you) until JHutchins supposedly found that it works if you just add an #EXTM3U line at the top of the M3U file. It is this rumor that I would like confirmation for.

As for getting computer playlists to show up in the Playlists category of the database, sorry, we're still a long way from that :xf_eek:. Best way forward for now is to just place the playlist files together in the root folder or a conveniently-named folder that would show up high on the list (say "000", for example).

Jul 9, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #29 of 189
  That's my point, with 2.02 I don't have to change anything. The Play All by Artist subcategory in 2.02 looks at all the albums by an artist and organizes the songs per album, one album after the other, with the songs in the proper order for each album. They nailed it. Go back to that. Done.

I'll stick with 2.02 until they can go back to that behaviour. 

Edit: I'm impressed with the progress Fiio is making everywhere else and simply really like this feature.

I see your point. It just so happens that I've always tagged my files as my example showed and luckily the play order has worked correctly for all beta firmware versions so far. :) 

Jul 9, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #30 of 189
What I meant was that an M3U pointing to songs on the same card as the M3U (such that drive letters are not employed in the file pointers in the M3U, unlike your M3Us) was not thought to be working at all (as in, you can browse to the M3U file in any way and the X5 will just throw an error at you) until JHutchins supposedly found that it works if you just add an #EXTM3U line at the top of the M3U file. It is this rumor that I would like confirmation for.

OK - just tried that.  It works.

The relative paths for the drive look like this .....
  #EXTM3U
3 Doors Down\Away From the Sun\02 Away From The Sun.flac
10cc\The Very Best Of 10CC\09 Art For Art's Sake.flac
Adele\Live At The Royal Albert Hall\04 - Turning Tables (Live).flac
Agnes Obel\Aventine\04 Aventine.flac
Alison Krauss & Union Station\Paper Airplane\02 Dust Bowl Children.flac
Alter Bridge\One Day Remains\06 Broken Wings.flac

Personally I'd rather use the full paths - but I guess this helps if you're using external programs to create the playlists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back