FiiO X5 beta firmware 2.04beta-2.05beta download and discussion. Improvement of playlist and CUE handling
Jul 4, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #32 of 58
Update 4 July 2014: Added 2.05beta with further improvement in song order for playlists generated on computers
http://www.mediafire.com/download/61bmhlie4jh86y9/X5_FW2.05Beta.zip

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 4, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #33 of 58
Hi Joe

Downloaded and installed.  Have manually set up a play list - here's a snippet:
 #EXTM3U
TF1:\3 Doors Down\Away From the Sun\02 Away From The Sun.flac
TF1:\10cc\The Very Best Of 10CC\09 Art For Art's Sake.flac
TF1:\Adele\Live At The Royal Albert Hall\04 - Turning Tables (Live).flac
TF1:\Agnes Obel\Aventine\04 Aventine.flac
TF1:\Alison Krauss & Union Station\Paper Airplane\02 Dust Bowl Children.flac
TF1:\Alter Bridge\One Day Remains\06 Broken Wings.flac
TF1:\Amber Rubarth\Sessions from the 17th Ward\08 Tundra.flac
TF1:\Amy Winehouse\Back to Black\02 You Know I'm No Good.flac
TF1:\Angus & Julia Stone\Down The Way\03 For You.flac
TF1:\Beth Hart\Live At Paradiso\04 Lifts You Up.flac
TF1:\Breaking Benjamin\Shallow Bay\07 The Diary Of Jane.flac

It's pretty basic.

All my files contain FLAC tags that are meticulous.  My folder structure is:
Artist > Album > Songs

Song naming structure is track order on album <space> track title

EG Alter Bridge\One Day Remains\06 Broken Wings

The playlist so far has about 50 tracks - and utilises both TF1 and TF2

Issues
  1. I update media library - but the playlist still does not appear under "Play By Category - Playlists".  No matter what I try, I can't get it to appear here.  Am I doing something wrong? Should my playlist have more info/tags?
  2. I navigate to the playlist (it sits in my root directory on TF1) via the folder mode, and activate it there.  It does recognise all the songs, and does play them all.  However - none of them are in order of the playlist.  They are all in order of the file name (numerically then alphabetically).

If you need further info - please let me know.

Jul 4, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #34 of 58
  Hi Joe

Downloaded and installed.  Have manually set up a play list - here's a snippet:

It's pretty basic.

All my files contain FLAC tags that are meticulous.  My folder structure is:
Artist > Album > Songs

Song naming structure is track order on album <space> track title

EG Alter Bridge\One Day Remains\06 Broken Wings

The playlist so far has about 50 tracks - and utilises both TF1 and TF2

Issues
  1. I update media library - but the playlist still does not appear under "Play By Category - Playlists".  No matter what I try, I can't get it to appear here.  Am I doing something wrong? Should my playlist have more info/tags?
  2. I navigate to the playlist (it sits in my root directory on TF1) via the folder mode, and activate it there.  It does recognise all the songs, and does play them all.  However - none of them are in order of the playlist.  They are all in order of the file name (numerically then alphabetically).

If you need further info - please let me know.

Just confirming what Brooko said, on fw 2.05Beta playlists generated externally do not follow the order of the playlist. They order according to file name (the same as in fw 2.04Beta).

Cheers

Jul 5, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #35 of 58
CUE files doesn't work very well... I put some big APE files in my X5, with CUE to specify the artist (with PERFORMER), album (with TITLE), genre (with REM GENRE) and tracks. But when I use my X5 in "play by category", the artist name is recognized, as the tracks, but not the album name and the genre (indicating "Unknown album" and "Unknown genre"). (NB: I use 2.05Beta firmware)

Jul 5, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #36 of 58
At least the sound didn't change from 2.02b which I am happy about. 

Jul 5, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #37 of 58
I'm finding consistent issues scanning my database with 2.03b and now 2.05b. I have scoured every file on my X5 with no signs of errors and the database updates perfectly on the full release firmware (2.0). On the betas, the scan almost always fails after approximately 3100-3200 tracks, but never in the exact same spot and once it was in the 2000s somewhere.

I'm perfectly happy with 2.0 for now, but wanted to mention this in case playlist or CUE handling is somehow changing the scanning process and causing an unforeseen issue.

Jul 5, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #38 of 58
Actually I think I might be having database issues too.  No big deal, but I just added/replaced higher res versions of some tracks and now the favourites is blank again :frowning2: 

Jul 5, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #39 of 58
I'm finding consistent issues scanning my database with 2.03b and now 2.05b. I have scoured every file on my X5 with no signs of errors and the database updates perfectly on the full release firmware (2.0). On the betas, the scan almost always fails after approximately 3100-3200 tracks, but never in the exact same spot and once it was in the 2000s somewhere.

I'm perfectly happy with 2.0 for now, but wanted to mention this in case playlist or CUE handling is somehow changing the scanning process and causing an unforeseen issue.

Don't have problems with 5,000+ file library with 2.04b.

Jul 5, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #40 of 58
Don't have problems with 5,000+ file library with 2.04b.

Have you changed any files and then re-scanned? I can't work out why it keeps failing?

Maybe I need to check for random (un-needed in my case) CUE files that have snuck through onto my cards...

Jul 6, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #41 of 58
Have you changed any files and then re-scanned? I can't work out why it keeps failing?

Maybe I need to check for random (un-needed in my case) CUE files that have snuck through onto my cards...

Added a couple of new folders earlier this week and rescanned without any issues. No CUE files on my X5.

Jul 7, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #44 of 58
I came from 2.03 firmware and upgraded to 2.05. I believe there has been some sonic changes as I'm liking the new sound coming from my X5. It feels like the sound became more clear and coming from outside your head unlike in the previous firmware where the sound feels like its all in your head and feels claustrophobic.

Jul 7, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #45 of 58
For me, I am having the same problem with externally created playlists.  The m3u file shows the albums correctly grouped with each of the tracks in the correct order, the m3u plays correctly using Windows Media Player with the playlist file on the PC and the tracks from the X5. Attempting to play the same playlist with "TF1" replacing the Win logical disk drive letter on the X5 continues to group track numbers together across all of the albums included in the play list. The playlist is created in Foobar 2000 and edited in Notepad.  Either I am doing something wrong or there is still something wrong with the script.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back