FiiO X5 beta firmware 2.03 download and discussion. One word: Playlists!
Jun 21, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #16 of 82
What is the max number of songs that can be added?

Also does a song have to be in the library to add it?
For example the X5 only indexed songs up to the letter M in my library. Would I be able to Folder browse and pick an O artist song that isn't indexed and add it to a playlist??

Jun 22, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #18 of 82
OP updated with full changelog. :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 22, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #19 of 82
OP updated with full changelog.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks - it's good to see some bugs being squashed as well as new features added.

Jun 22, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #21 of 82
OP updated with full changelog. :)

Hi Joe, can you explain how to delete a playlist. I have pressed the enter button when the trash can is there but the list is not deleted.

I maybe doing something wrong!!

EDIT: Just worked out how to do it.

So far 2.03 looks like a big improvement and I would like to say thank you to the Fiio team.

Jun 22, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #22 of 82
Flashed 2.03 beta and I can report the audio hasn't changed from 2.02 beta.

Haven't tried the playlist yet but I'm impressed with how many bugs Fiio has been working on. I don't use Cue sheets but it looks like they've shored up a lot of issues. I can also report that they have indeed fixed the 176.4 playback issue through coaxial. I imagine not a popular request so it must have been fairly easy to repair.

Looking forward to 2.04!!

Jun 22, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #23 of 82
Just tried Playlists. Hmmmmmm. I appreciate that we can now create them, but I'm rather disappointed the playlist doesn't maintain the order the songs are added. This, and what others have mentioned as well, should be fixed.

I've been able to delete playlists by pressing the upper left button when the Playlist category is highlit, select the trash can and then when the choice of playlists appears use the wheel to select what you want deleted. Then you need to use the forward or back buttons (lower left and right) to activate the delete playlist confirmation dialog. Using the centre button to bring up the confirmation dialog would be more intuitive at least.

Jun 22, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #24 of 82
I've been able to delete playlists by pressing the upper left button when the Playlist category is highlit, select the trash can and then when the choice of playlists appears use the wheel to select what you want deleted. Then you need to use the forward or back buttons (lower left and right) to activate the delete playlist confirmation dialog. Using the centre button to bring up the confirmation dialog would be more intuitive at least.

Yeah, this is what I meant when I said earlier that deleting playlists isn't intuitive and requires too many button presses. Seems like you scroll to the playlist you want and press the center button to play it or the upper left button to delete it with further confirmation by center button press. That'd make it more intuitive to me.

Jun 22, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #27 of 82
erm...the same issue i have 2.03b over 2.02b is the skipping of song from one to another is again having lagging of 3-5 seconds.....only fw 2.00..i dont encounter such issue :frowning2:

Jun 22, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #28 of 82
Ok. Figured out how to add songs to the playlist. Again, more button presses than is expected. Agree with others that playlist should maintain the order of songs as added. Seems to be alphabetizing them instead. Odd behavior.

I tested and can confirm that if adding from the category menu then the playlist maintains the order files were added. If listening through the browse menu the playlist order is mixed up.

Jun 23, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #30 of 82
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but can't use external playlists. I've got m3u playlists and have tried storing them in the root of the card and in the same folder as the music, but when I select them via file browser it say "file not found" or something similar.

Can someone provide instructions on the required formatting, paths, and placement needed for external playlists?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back