FiiO X5 beta firmware 2.02 download and discussion thread
Jun 18, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #31 of 52
I seem to remember from the X3 thread that if you turn off gapless it works in a proper random fashion. Maybe it's the same with the X5. I dunno as I don't shuffle often, just passing on the info.

but i dont have any gapless enabled on my x5 :frowning2: i think i saw someone mentioned the same shuffle issue on x5 topic..but i cant seem to find the post already..

Jun 18, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #32 of 52
but i dont have any gapless enabled on my x5 :frowning2: i think i saw someone mentioned the same shuffle issue on x5 topic..but i cant seem to find the post already..

Ah, sorry man.

Here is the start of the X3 discussion about it if anyone's interested. Link

Jun 18, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #33 of 52
Sorry if already mentioned however, Cyrillic characters show up correctly in folder view, but appear as, presumably, Chinese characters on the playing screen.

Jun 20, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #38 of 52

It works well? I think only for this I won't wait for the final release, is there any major issues with this beta?

Have been using the Beta for a few days now, no real problems. Indeed some of the new stuff is very good, thanks. Just one point, when will the option appear to reverse the action of the wheel? I just cannot get used to the way it works, totally alien to me I'm afraid; maybe being left-handed means my brain is wired differently  :)

A simple option to scroll clockwise or anti clockwise would be great.

Jun 20, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #39 of 52
Have been using the Beta for a few days now, no real problems. Indeed some of the new stuff is very good, thanks. Just one point, when will the option appear to reverse the action of the wheel? I just cannot get used to the way it works, totally alien to me I'm afraid; maybe being left-handed means my brain is wired differently  :)

A simple option to scroll clockwise or anti clockwise would be great.

I'm guessing you haven't been to the custom modded firmware thread yet. There are a few options for reversed scrolling wheel on FW 2.0, but none for the 2.02 beta. Link

Some very well done themes as well. Huge props to Flowlandfilms!

Jun 20, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #40 of 52
From those that've run the battery down on this FW, is the gauge (accuracy) improved over that on 2.0?

I'm about to head out for 3-4hrs, and have three out of five bars left, and not enough time to charge it...

I so don't want to have to resort to listening to my iPhone 5S half-way through the journey... :frowning2:

Jun 20, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #41 of 52
I'm guessing you haven't been to the custom modded firmware thread yet. There are a few options for reversed scrolling wheel on FW 2.0, but none for the 2.02 beta. Link

Some very well done themes as well. Huge props to Flowlandfilms!

Funny enough, am just trying some of them now.  But thank you anyway for the prompt.  A 2.02 version would certainly be welcomed.  Thanks again.

Jun 20, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #42 of 52

It works well? I think only for this I won't wait for the final release, is there any major issues with this beta?

I've had no problems with either artwork or playback since I updated (must be about 10-12 hours of X5 usage) and I've not seen any reports of instability or anything.
I too updated just to have the artwork.

Jun 20, 2014 at 5:41 AM Post #43 of 52

Funny enough, am just trying some of them now.  But thank you anyway for the prompt.  A 2.02 version would certainly be welcomed.  Thanks again.

Tried a couple of the custom firmware's, very good.  However, to me v2.02 beta sounds much better than v2.0; more dynamic, clearer, etc.  Now, it might just be because I want it to be so, but it's sufficient for me to switch back to v2.02b and await a future update based on this.

Jun 22, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #44 of 52
  Tried a couple of the custom firmware's, very good.  However, to me v2.02 beta sounds much better than v2.0; more dynamic, clearer, etc.  Now, it might just be because I want it to be so, but it's sufficient for me to switch back to v2.02b and await a future update based on this.

Nest versions of Aztechno and Matrix themes will be on 2.02, but maybe not until 1.02 is out of beta.

Jun 22, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #45 of 52
Nest versions of Aztechno and Matrix themes will be on 2.02, but maybe not until 1.02 is out of beta.

There is now a 2.03 beta firmware, here is a link

http://www.head-fi.org/t/724013/fiio-x5-beta-firmware-2-03-download-and-discussion-one-word-playlists

Users who are viewing this thread

Back