FiiO X5 beta firmware 2.02 download and discussion thread
Jun 15, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #16 of 52
I have to give props to Fiio for their solution to the 'All Songs' by artist subcategory in the main 'Artists' category. What a perfect solution to be able to choose between artist albums or all songs by an artist that can be shuffled. This addresses many listening habits and opens up a whole new set of listening options.

Again, nicely done Fiio team!

:cool:

Jun 16, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #17 of 52

If you guys change the top bar to a transparent overlay (at least in the Now Playing screen) and align the art with the top of the screen underneath it, it'd still fill the whole screen but wouldn't be cropped. Seems to me that would work best.

A lot of the info in that top bar is pretty extraneous, anyway. All I really need to see on an ongoing basis are the volume, play status and battery level.

sorry, I think we will not change this cause it is a big change. but we do make it in our x1. but plz understand that something is decided from the beginning.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 16, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #18 of 52
Wow, I'm really liking the sound of 2.02.  It just separates the bass from the other frequencies so well for the LO.  The amp section is pretty much the same though.

Jun 17, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #19 of 52
10. “Normal” EQ is renamed “Off”.
No, is now labelled as "EQ:OFF", would be better to revert to upper / lower case (EQ : Off) IMO to fit in with rest of presets...

Jun 17, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #23 of 52

Lets hope so!
smile.gif

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #25 of 52
Guys, any chance on prioritizing the "album artist" tag for artist view? Or at least an option for it to work like that? The current system wrecks havoc when you have a lot of compilation or albums with VAs. 

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #26 of 52
I'm also waiting for that fix. Gonna get a 128gb card next month.

I got my FiiO X5 yesterday along with two 128GB cards.  Updated to 2.02b and I filled about 80GB of FLAC files on each card and they seem to work fine.  But life will be easier if the database allows for more tracks.

Jun 17, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #27 of 52
Wow, I'm really liking the sound of 2.02.  It just separates the bass from the other frequencies so well for the LO.  The amp section is pretty much the same though.
I didn't want to believe this, however I must say that Billy Joel's innocent man album definitely appears extra well defined / punchy, so maybe I am a believer after all!

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #28 of 52
  Another issue I found, is a mistranslation in german, which says for normal eq "schließen" and should be "aus" (which means off) or "keiner" (which means none).

"Keiner" is a bit weird and seems as amateurish as "schließen". Aus would be the best translation.

Jun 18, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #29 of 52
using the beta fw..i do notice that the overall performance of the x5 has been compromised when playing certain songs.

when i try to press next song, the system will not take 2-3 seconds to change to next track...it only happen to a few songs. with FLAC format.

and another issue is when play all song with random mode. the song seem to be always play in the same queue...isnt it shd be random?

Jun 18, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #30 of 52
using the beta fw..i do notice that the overall performance of the x5 has been compromised when playing certain songs.

when i try to press next song, the system will not take 2-3 seconds to change to next track...it only happen to a few songs. with FLAC format.

and another issue is when play all song with random mode. the song seem to be always play in the same queue...isnt it shd be random?

I seem to remember from the X3 thread that if you turn off gapless it works in a proper random fashion. Maybe it's the same with the X5. I dunno as I don't shuffle often, just passing on the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back