Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jan 11, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #14,251 of 15,899
Jan 12, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #14,252 of 15,899
Happy weekend all.

As promised find the latest version of the kernel, which can be downloaded here:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603897159

Changes include:
1) *new* init.d folder and in-built performance optimisation scripts (thanks to prispewnic from the 4PDA forum)
2) additional voltage optimisation - power is even more efficient on this kernel now

For now I've only attached the TWRP version so the more tech savvy can get to test and report back.
Am now working on an OTA update zip that everyone can use, so hold tight :)

Attachments

• FiiO-X5iii-jkbuha-V2.1-TWRP.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #14,254 of 15,899
Happy weekend all.

As promised find the latest version of the kernel, which can be downloaded here:

Changes include:
1) *new* init.d folder and in-built performance optimisation scripts (thanks to prispewnic from the 4PDA forum)
2) additional voltage optimisation - power is even more efficient on this kernel now

For now I've only attached the TWRP version so the more tech savvy can get to test and report back.

I have installed the latest kernel and so far I am happy with that. Thanks!

for those who want to try the kernel, you can refer to the installatiion steps at https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...-dual-card-slot.828402/page-919#post-14430000 . Follows the info there and google for additional info like how to install KingRoot. This is how I get the kernel installed for the first time in the past.

Jan 13, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #14,255 of 15,899
Happy weekend all.

Changes include:

Is your kernel meant to work on Fidlizer ROM too?
Running your previous version and its quite laggy still navigating the X5.

Jan 14, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #14,257 of 15,899
Is your kernel meant to work on Fidlizer ROM too?
Running your previous version and its quite laggy still navigating the X5.

Yes I use Fidelizer as a base too. Remember that (with previous versions of my kernel) you still need third-party software such as Kernel Adiutor to change the settings.
As of v2.1 the kernel now supports init.d so you can add your own scripts, but don't worry if you're not able to, as I'll be adding own pre-made custom optimisation scripts from V2.2 onwards.

Jan 14, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #14,259 of 15,899
Yes I use Fidelizer as a base too. Remember that (with previous versions of my kernel) you still need third-party software such as Kernel Adiutor to change the settings.
As of v2.1 the kernel now supports init.d so you can add your own scripts, but don't worry if you're not able to, as I'll be adding own pre-made custom optimisation scripts from V2.2 onwards.

Got any recommended settings?

Jan 14, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #14,260 of 15,899
Got any recommended settings?
Yes. Lots :)

If you don't have any preferences yet, set CPU to 1704 Max with noop scheduler. Then wait until v2.2 for the full optimisation suite...

Jan 14, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #14,262 of 15,899
Kingoroot is not a flashing tool. It's just there to get TWRP installed. Once TWRP is present you don't need kingoroot anymore.

So flash my kernel with TWRP.

Jan 14, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #14,264 of 15,899
That's correct. If you're on a Mac, there's another way to flash TWRP by rebooting to bootloader and using rkflashtool. If you're on windows, best use the kingoroot method.

Jan 14, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #14,265 of 15,899
Hey Jkbuha
Any chance for a complete step by step instruction on to install your OS on the Fiio. I have been wanting to but just don't get how to do it.

Thanks for all your work
Search the thread in this forum and you should find this method,
You can download TWRP (custom recovery) for FiiO X5-III here.
SuperSU package (root) for installing through TWRP is here.

Brief instructions:
- Unzip twrp-2.8.5.0-X5.zip, install drivers (run DriverInstall.exe);
- Power off the X5, connect it to the computer via USB while holding the Previous track button.
- Start AndroidTool.exe, make sure that only checkbox #2 is checked and LOADER device is found;
(for flashing stock recovery just untick #2 checkbox and choose #3 - recovery_stock.img).
- Press <Run> button, wait till flash operation is completed;
- Go to Advanced function tab and click <ResetDevice> button.
- We're done.

To enter custom recovery:
- Power off the X5;
- Push Previous track button, Play/Pause Button and Power button simultaneously.
- Wait 5 sec, release Power button;
- Wait till logo appears and then release all buttons.

The guide about using TWRP is here.
I've used this method more than once and it has always worked for me. Hopefully the files to download are still there in the links provided. Give it a whirl, i used this method and didn't want to use kingroot at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back