Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jun 29, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #10,051 of 15,897
Hello
I'm waiting for my X5 III, so I'll join :)
thank you for checking into this. I cleared the data, but the issue remains.

Please try this method to see whether it helps?
Screenshot_2017-06-29-17-33-44.png

Press the square icon in the bottom right corner, silde left/right to turn off the FiiO Music. And turn on the other APP you mentioned to see whether it helps?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 29, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #10,056 of 15,897
Hi FiiO,

I've been wanting to buy one too. The only thing preventing me is issues with Tidal being played in offline. All my music is through Tidal and was hoping to ask if there are no issues anymore?

I know its very convenient. However i am totally old school and prefer my music on files that i can freely transfer and save. As i said earlier i cant beat the convenience of it but my preference differ.

Jun 29, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #10,058 of 15,897
Could the posts here all be just isolated cases? Wouldn't wanna buy a player and my source music often gets issues. :frowning2:

Personally I don't think it's a big issue and it should not keep you from buying it, again this is only my opinion.

My music listening is 95 % Tidal offline. When I listen to a full album, Tidal will stutter after about 5-7 tracks and it's always in the beginning of the track. I just press forward one time and back to the same track again, it takes 1-2 sec. Problem solved. If I listen randomly this stuttering rarely happens. I never keeps tracks of this, so it could happen more often or less often. For me it's not a big problem so I don't think so much about it, I just listen to music :)

Jun 29, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #10,059 of 15,897
Personally I don't think it's a big issue and it should not keep you from buying it, again this is only my opinion.

My music listening is 95 % Tidal offline. When I listen to a full album, Tidal will stutter after about 5-7 tracks and it's always in the beginning of the track. I just press forward one time and back to the same track again, it takes 1-2 sec. Problem solved. If I listen randomly this stuttering rarely happens. I never keeps tracks of this, so it could happen more often or less often. For me it's not a big problem so I don't think so much about it, I just listen to music :)

Thanks for the feedback guys!

My other option actually is an iPod Touch which i'll stack with a Dragonfly Red. Of course the Fiio may be more convenient but I'm thinking really what would give me the best Tidal offline experience. :)

Jun 29, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #10,060 of 15,897
Thanks for the feedback guys!

My other option actually is an iPod Touch which i'll stack with a Dragonfly Red. Of course the Fiio may be more convenient but I'm thinking really what would give me the best Tidal offline experience. :)

If you don't buy the FiiO, buy a HTC 10...but ok if you don't need a smartphone...:)

It's works flawless with Tidal and it's not far from FiiO in SQ, though depending on which headphones you use.

Jun 29, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #10,063 of 15,897
Once I get it, I plan to begin with firmware update. Is there a recommanded method, between wifi or micro sd, or are they both as safe ?

Jun 29, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #10,064 of 15,897
If you don't buy the FiiO, buy a HTC 10...but ok if you don't need a smartphone...:)

It's works flawless with Tidal and it's not far from FiiO in SQ, though depending on which headphones you use.
Interesting. I need to get a new phone soon. Is the HTC 10 a good option? I have been on iOS for years with a company-provided phone but we are parting ways soon. For a personal phone audio quality is most important to me and I won't use many other functions.

Jun 29, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #10,065 of 15,897
Interesting. I need to get a new phone soon. Is the HTC 10 a good option? I have been on iOS for years with a company-provided phone but we are parting ways soon. For a personal phone audio quality is most important to me and I won't use many other functions.

It really depends on who you ask... I found that even FiiO X5ii was much better than any phone I compared it with back then... Smartphones have their own limitations, depends what you'll be plugging into them - consider things like: There is a reason why X5-3 costs this much and is bought so well - the sound is really a thing of its own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back