Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jun 10, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #9,694 of 15,897
Ok. Using the USB out of the X5III into the Mojo (Forza cable) and I'm getting some pops and crackles in the background. Wifi is turned off. Anyone else having this issue? Mojo works fine with my phone.

What should the volume be at on the Mojo? Am I missing something in settings?

Jun 10, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #9,695 of 15,897
Anyone having issues with skipping tracks ( have to press fwd twice for a track to change) on FW 1.1.6? If not ill do a factory reset and see why this is happening to me.

Jun 10, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #9,696 of 15,897
Ok. Using the USB out of the X5III into the Mojo (Forza cable) and I'm getting some pops and crackles in the background. Wifi is turned off. Anyone else having this issue? Mojo works fine with my phone.

Are you on FW1.1.6? Earlier FW than 1.1.5 had crackles and pops for me to the Mojo. The volume on the Mojo should be whatever your comfortable listening level is. The volume on the X5 III should be maxed as the volume is still active when using USB out (it shouldn't be but it is).

Jun 10, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #9,697 of 15,897
Did anyone try the new foobar update? I think the sound is superb now. Could someone be kind enough and try checking.
Thanks

Jun 10, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #9,698 of 15,897
Are you on FW1.1.6? Earlier FW than 1.1.5 had crackles and pops for me to the Mojo. The volume on the Mojo should be whatever your comfortable listening level is. The volume on the X5 III should be maxed as the volume is still active when using USB out (it shouldn't be but it is).

Hi Relix,

thanks your your response. I'm on the latest firmware. Volume on the X5iii is 60. I'll try changing it to max and tinkering with the settings and I'll report back.

Interesting thing is. I don't recall any crackles and pops on Firmware 1.1.5 but then again I only listened to two songs on that firmware with the Mojo before upgrading.

Jun 10, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #9,699 of 15,897
So I changed the volume to 100 on the Fiio X5iii and turned the volume on the Mojo down. Fiio froze :frowning2: Touch not responding and holding down the power button doesn't restart it. Any suggestions?

Edit: NVM it restarted on its own. Time for Attempt #2

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #9,700 of 15,897
So I changed the volume to 100 on the Fiio X5iii and turned the volume on the Mojo down. Fiio froze :frowning2: Touch not responding and holding down the power button doesn't restart it. Any suggestions?

hold down the power button for approx 20 seconds.

Jun 11, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #9,701 of 15,897

had this issue, and that's why i returned it amongst other gripes with the fiio x5iii. it was also useless in my car.

Jun 11, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #9,703 of 15,897

I have the same pops and clicks.. using USB Player pro with Mojo. The same but form samsung tablet works perfectly. I hoped X5III to be a great pair to mojo.. apparently it is not (
.. and yea, frezzes when only long power press restart works

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #9,704 of 15,897
@FiiO

If you don't see my last post (and summary)

@FiiO

FiiO said: ↑
Dear friend,

The firmware version is FW1.1.5, right? Have you turned on the resume mode? Which interface will appear after unlock the screen at that time?

Best regards

@FiiO

I update firmware to 1.1.6 but i have the same issue.

But now i understand the real problem and you can resolve with the next firmware :p

I have got 2 SD card.

From the SD card slot number 1:
i listen a song --> I clic on "pause" button --> if i wait 1 or 2mn (display is now on stanby mode) --> i push "play" button to wake up display and i can listen my song..

From the SD card slot number 2:
i listen a song --> I clic on "pause" button --> if i wait 1 or 2mn (display is now on stanby mode) --> i push "play" button to wake up display. On lock screen my song disapear ....and i must restart my song

If not in use, I am sure that Slot number 2 is unmount AND/OR too slow to mount (after display standby). Resume song is impossible

Can you ask to your engineer to solve this: increase speed to mount Sd card on the slot number 2 ? or not unmount this slot when the DAP is in standby mode (black screen)

in one word : Slot number 2 must have the same behavior as slot number 1

Thank you very much for your help.

Dear friend,

Thank you for your kind feedback. After pushing the play/pause physical button to wake up the display, the interface will become which one? Thank you in advanced!

Best regards

@FiiO
Hello,

To wake up the display: (when i have a song on pause ....and this song file on the sd card slot 2)

If screen lock is actived on Android setting when i push the play/pause physical button, i return on the screen lock and i see disapear my song

If screen lock is not actived on android setting when i push the play/pause physical button, i return on fiio music application, try to read the song but freeze and return on start menu of fiio music application.

I really think That sd card slot number 2 is unmount when is not on use on stand-by display mode. And too long to mount on wake up ...
We havé no problem with the slot one... is always mount.

Please refer this issue :)

Thanks for your help.

Jun 11, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #9,705 of 15,897
I use this function majority of the time, didn't notice any lag issue except minor cracking noise from time to time.

It is only when it has been sitting for a bit. Once I'm using it, it is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back