Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
May 6, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #8,648 of 15,899
Those who use this solely for a the Mojo how are you liking it? Also, are you using this for Tidal and are you able to store offline music to one of the mSD cards.

It works fine for Tidal with coaxial and I can play offline without issues. Make sure to set the storage for Tidal offline to mSD 1. USB audio is coming according to FiiO.

FYI, apparently there is a limit of 24/96 on coaxial due to some unknown hardware limitation (never seen this before on a DAP with coaxial).

May 6, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #8,649 of 15,899
It works fine for Tidal with coaxial and I can play offline without issues. Make sure to set the storage for Tidal offline to mSD 1. USB audio is coming according to FiiO.

FYI, apparently there is a limit of 24/96 on coaxial due to some unknown hardware limitation (never seen this before on a DAP with coaxial).

Thanks!
Im trying to decide between this and the new Pioneer XDP-30r as they both have dual slots and support Tidal and are the same price.

May 6, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #8,650 of 15,899
Download speed for the new firmware ver 1.1.5 was around 2 minutes in the Philippines

I encountered one minor issue though. When the alert for the availability of the new firmware popped-up, I ignored it as i didn't want to be one of the first to discover a nasty bug. So, i ignored the pop up a few more times. I was going to update the firmware yesterday but the update pop up no longer appeared. I restarted a few times but still no pop up. I then manually checked for an update via the built in app but it said i had the latest firmware. I tried a few more times a couple of hours later but i had the same results.

I was able to download and update today with no issues.

May 6, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #8,651 of 15,899
I used Bluetooth to connect my compact hifi set. I found that the X5iii could not play DSD file in this mode and it skipped all the DSD tracks and played the next FLAC track the in next album. Is it because the compact hifi does not allow it?

Those who use this solely for a the Mojo how are you liking it? Also, are you using this for Tidal and are you able to store offline music to one of the mSD cards.

I use the Mojo when I want it to drive my high impedance can (i.e. HD650). I do not use things like Tidal and I just play music in my SD cards. I am not very good at describing the music, but I think my X5iii with my IEM alone is more musical; whereas the X5iii>Mojo>HD650 is more on the analytical side (?) with some crunchy bass. Just my two cents.

May 7, 2017 at 2:45 AM Post #8,652 of 15,899
pls FiiO, fix the issue on spotify when you restart the x5iii, all the downloaded songs are gone... its really a hassle...

every time i restart or my x5iii gets lowbatt to 0%, when i charge it ang turn it on, all the spotify downloaded songs are gone.

May 7, 2017 at 4:17 AM Post #8,653 of 15,899
Well, it looks like there is nothing I can do to make the USB DAC function work, even though every other FiiO DAP has worked flawlessly, as well as a Questyle QP1R and the iFi Audio Micro iDSD Black, with my current Windows 10 laptop.

If I am to return it for a refund, I simply can't wait for FiiO to correct this bug. It's been on the market for about four months now, so it doesn't seem to be high on their list of priorities. It was either here or the FiiO forum where a FiiO representative said he tried two systems and it worked on one but didn't work on his office computer. This can't be the first time they have had a failure!?

I can't understand the hit and miss nature of the USB DAC function when the X7 works OK.

I could get another X7 for not much more money, but with the X7ii rumored to be coming out, I would end up regretting it.

Last edited:
May 7, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #8,654 of 15,899
pls FiiO, fix the issue on spotify when you restart the x5iii, all the downloaded songs are gone... its really a hassle...

every time i restart or my x5iii gets lowbatt to 0%, when i charge it ang turn it on, all the spotify downloaded songs are gone.

I had this when I first got an X5III and found it was actually an issue with Spotify for me having 3 synced devices. I deleted all my Synced devices then set the X5III as my first Synced device then my mobile phone. Ensured I hadn't got a 3rd synced for a while after. It was as if Spotify was getting confused thinking I had 4 synced devices. Give it a try. May be coincidence but worked for me had not lost Sync for over 6 weeks now, but I don't actually ever turn my X5III fully off. I did for testing and Spotify offline still there. I tend to plug mine in each night & never use all its battery power in one day.

May 7, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #8,655 of 15,899
I had this when I first got an X5III and found it was actually an issue with Spotify for me having 3 synced devices. I deleted all my Synced devices then set the X5III as my first Synced device then my mobile phone. Ensured I hadn't got a 3rd synced for a while after. It was as if Spotify was getting confused thinking I had 4 synced devices. Give it a try. May be coincidence but worked for me had not lost Sync for over 6 weeks now, but I don't actually ever turn my X5III fully off. I did for testing and Spotify offline still there. I tend to plug mine in each night & never use all its battery power in one day.

+1 same here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back