Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 19, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #7,816 of 15,897
A fair amount of 24bit Flac stuff at flacit.com, excellent prices, but not organized by bitrate selection; however, once you look at an artists albums you can see if there are 24bit offerings available. I have purchased plenty of music from flacit so I can vouch for the fact that it has tons of music, great prices overall and is legit.

Apr 19, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #7,818 of 15,897
Apr 19, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #7,819 of 15,897
Thanks to everyone who suggested the Flac Music sites, I will check them all out.
beerchug.gif

Apr 19, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #7,820 of 15,897
  I just bought Emilie Claire songs from HD tracks, 24 bits/ 192kHz, when I played it on the X5iii, the songs is not played smoothly.
The sound like 'stop and play' throughout the songs.
I rescan, reboot but it is still the same.

Anybody experience the same thing? Whats the solution? Or I need to wait for the update?

Thanks

Which album? I have many of her albums also from HDtracks and have no issue. 

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #7,821 of 15,897
Just in case anybody else in the thread has any questions or concerns about flacit the site that I mentioned I am going to paste my response to a question about the site that I received via PM a few minutes ago. As with anything on the Internet, I suppose there is always some risk, and this information I'm providing is from my experience and to the best of my knowledge accurate up to this time. Here was my response when asked if the site was indeed legit and is it always just a download of one big cue file that you need to split yourself.

"No, apparently they are legit. I have certainly not had any issues at all. There were about 5 downloads that required a Cue splitter, but the last say 10 albums I have bought has not had that issue and overall it was maybe 5-10% max that were one big cue file. I simply downloaded Medieval Cue Splitter for free and it works really well, simply to use, quick and free, so even when I did get stuck with cue files I didn't find it to be a problem. Yes the prices are excellent, sometimes the odd thing is more expensive.

They also have a great feature where if you load up with $30 they give you an extra $10 into your account. Anyway, as I said, I haven't had any problems at all and the few times I e-mailed their support they responded quickly. For instance, once an archive I downloaded was empty and within 24 hours they put the money back into my account and fixed the archive."

Please note I have zero affiliation with the site or the owners, and I know nobody that does. I was simply amazed at how much money I was saving and thought that as a service I would pass the information along so that others could see if they liked the source. I'm not loaded with cash so saving is good, plus, the selection was also a big draw for me. Cheers.

Apr 19, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #7,824 of 15,897
Hi there,

I experience that as well from time to time. If I ignore it, it stops after a few hickups and from then it runs smoothly.

Guess, it has to do with some Android activity in the background. If you switch off WiFi and Bluetooth, it's a bit better.

Waiting for an update that fixes this ... 

Hi there, I realise it happens to all my songs in 24 bits / 192 kHz, when I fast forward to the next track, it hiccups in the beginning.

Do it happens to you too?

Apr 19, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #7,825 of 15,897
Hi there, I realise it happens to all my songs in 24 bits / 192 kHz, when I fast forward to the next track, it hiccups in the beginning.

Do it happens to you too?

If the problem only exists with high-resolution (i.e. high-bit rate files), and happens to ALL such files, then you're potentially dealing with a storage card that isn't fast enough.

Even if the card is suitably rated, depending on its format and capacity that can tip things over the edge and result in drop-outs from insufficient transfer speed.  This sort of thing can be exacerbated with certain disk formats (FAT32 will show it more than eXFAT or NTFS, particularly with larger cards).

Given the relatively slow performance of SD-card IO on the X5iii, if moving the files to internal storage doesn't fix the issue, my money is on it being that the card isn't quick enough.

Apr 19, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #7,828 of 15,897

If the problem only exists with high-resolution (i.e. high-bit rate files), and happens to ALL such files, then you're potentially dealing with a storage card that isn't fast enough.

Even if the card is suitably rated, depending on its format and capacity that can tip things over the edge and result in drop-outs from insufficient transfer speed.  This sort of thing can be exacerbated with certain disk formats (FAT32 will show it more than eXFAT or NTFS, particularly with larger cards).

Given the relatively slow performance of SD-card IO on the X5iii, if moving the files to internal storage doesn't fix the issue, my money is on it being that the card isn't quick enough.

I have my high-res files in the internal memory, therefore it isn't a sdcard issue ... 

As in my case it happens only after starting up X5 and after a few hickups it runs smoothly, I guess, it's an Android issue.
Without WiFi and Bluetooth it seems less critical.

I'll have to do more tests ... however, I have an X5 primarily to listen to music :)

Apr 19, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #7,829 of 15,897
I noticed on the X7 thread that a new beta firmware has been released for that DAP. Since it has been reported that firmware development for the X7 and X5III has been in tandem I wonder if a new beta firmware has been released for the X5III?

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #7,830 of 15,897
Its "the very thought of you" album.
Surprisingly, it is now played without any hiccups, except when I forward to the next track.
Can you try if it happens to you too?

Btw yours is 24 bits/192kHz too?

I have the same album but in DSD 128. Sometimes I get the hiccups and skips like you mentioned previously but its not track or file specific (I think). It's a bit annoying but I can live with it. I have many other 24/192 files on the X5 and they play fine. 

Honestly I'm unsure what the issue you were experiencing was, but perhaps try get a faster/bigger micro sd card? It might help? Also I keep all the high res and super high res files on one sd card. For example, all my 24 bit recordings are on one, 16 bit on another and DSDs on the internal 32gb storage. I don't know if this actually helps, but it also makes searching for specific files a bit easier, for me anyways. I hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back