Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 6, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #6,946 of 15,899
  Why do that? The list gives an option of "not going to happen" and does not even ask for a "Due Date". I simply saw it as a collation of ideas & problems for all to see. 

OK. I can see your point.

But in this highly competitive market, fiduciary common sense dictates that only a limited amount of time can be spent on a single device.

Perhaps Fiio is taking their time on the next FW update because this is the last or next to last update they will be providing for the X5-3. Period!

Apr 6, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #6,947 of 15,899

This was posted before. It worked for me::::

"I found a workaround for Foobar recognising all SD cards.
I added Internal Storage, External Storage (which for me was SD1) and then used "Specify path manually" and typed in /mnt/external_sd2"

Thanks for the workaround - Will definitely try that.

Haven't tried using UAPP & Foobar on my X5 iii

But both Hiby & Neutron support the dual microsd card

Neutron have Folder Play option.
In my cards I usually do the folder organizing something like D:\Alt Rock\Artist A Album\   &    D:\Alt Rock\Artist B Album   etc etc.
I can just go into D:\Alt Rock folder, then choose to play all songs, then choose shuffle play on the Neutron main player screen, it will shuffle all songs within the D:\Alt Rock and the subfolders (so basically shuffle play through the subfolders}
Problem with Neutron is, the interface is quite quirky, and the hardware buttons don't work - if you press the Next button, it will just speed up the song currently playing (as in playing it 2x faster)

Haven't tried the hardware buttons with Hiby yet
Hiby scanned all the songs very fast
But Hiby doesn't support folder play yet. Have just asked about it in the Hiby thread.
So in my case with my kind of folders organizing, if I want to shuffle play all the songs in the D:\Alt Rock folder & subfolders, I have to make sure they all have similar tags (like "Alt Rock" for genre).
Then I have to choose play the genre & shuffle play

Thanks for the reply - Here by saying Folder Play, I meant to say directly Browse from Album Folder from Micro SD Card - Not the Genre / Artist / Album based.

During my playback I encounter Fiio Music can't handle (play/pause) a File size around 300 MB flac File (1 hour Long) - Despite setting Resume from 'Last Postion' it starts from the beginning every time I need to pause. But Hiby can do that without any cut and instantly resume the track even with Play/Pause Hardware Button....Though I didn't try the Next Track Button though.

Thanks for the sharing the experience about Neutron Player on X5.

Apr 6, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #6,948 of 15,899

OK. I can see your point.

But in this highly competitive market, fiduciary common sense dictates that only a limited amount of time can be spent on a single device.

Perhaps Fiio is taking their time on the next FW update because this is the last or next to last update they will be providing for the X5-3. Period!

​No problem with that as my needs are potential enhancements over and beyond what I knowingly bought. And, they need to prioritise their resources as they see fit, presumably fixing accepted bugs before new design features. We might even see some of these in next X7? 

Apr 6, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #6,952 of 15,899
Dude, you are scarry, 58,0000 tracks!? You are either 150 years old, or you acquired every recording ever produced,.... Or both! Lol!

some of us like to collect music, my cataloged music, mostly concerts:

9,387 albums
177,119 songs
8039.24 GB
20,753 hours

I have another 1.5 TB to catalog and add to my subsonic library as well as any new shows i download or commercial music i purchase.

Apr 6, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #6,953 of 15,899
Hello,

My X5 III displays "chineese" characters in the artist name :

According to TagAndRename, the ID3 tag contains the right string for the Artist name : "Emilíana Torrini"

Is there a parameter to modify in my X5 III settings ?

My X5 III is running firmware 1.1.4. During setup step, I selected "Language = English"

Thank you,

Apr 6, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #6,954 of 15,899

9,387 albums
177,119 songs
8039.24 GB
20,753 hours

I have another 1.5 TB to catalog and add to my subsonic library as well as any new shows i download or commercial music i purchase.

It would take you 10 whole years to listen to your whole collection, every song once, if listening to exactly 6 hours of music per day 
eek.gif

I was a music hoarder myself, but then, I mostly listen to 10 - 50 albums and that is it. So I trimmed what I didn't like enough. 

ZZ Top have just climbed out of the speakers & set up their kit right in front of me.

​X5-3 + LOUDspeaker + ZZ Top = Crazy!

I love ZZ Top!

Apr 6, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #6,956 of 15,899

9,387 albums

177,119 songs

8039.24 GB

20,753 hours

Amazing, can't imagine that amount. I figured I probably have 20k tracks, but a lot of it is on LP never to be digital.

Apr 6, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #6,957 of 15,899

It would take you 10 whole years to listen to your whole collection, every song once, if listening to exactly 6 hours of music per day 
eek.gif

I was a music hoarder myself, but then, I mostly listen to 10 - 50 albums and that is it. So I trimmed what I didn't like enough. 

I love ZZ Top!

OCD collector.  About 12 others stream from my server daily so I will continue to collect.  Its also nice to put together play lists that span an artists career.  For example i have about 360 Miles Davis concerts from 1946 through 1991.  

Apr 6, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #6,958 of 15,899
  OCD collector.  About 12 others stream from my server daily so I will continue to collect.  Its also nice to put together play lists that span an artists career.  For example i have about 360 Miles Davis concerts from 1946 through 1991.  

eek.gif

I was like this before actually. Didn't get to listen most of the discographies, ended up trimming my collection of music down to what I actually listen to. Remember that CD Rot is a thing and it is best to archive things on a secured server though. 

X5-3 having 2x mSD slots works out great for me though. I couldn't really live with only 1 x mSD as I used to have before X5... 

Apr 6, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #6,959 of 15,899

Miles Davis.
How did catalog the concerts/shows where he never showed, wigged out, played the same tune over and over, or refused to play at all?

Apr 6, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #6,960 of 15,899

I would have to wonder how you can enjoy such a large collection? Do you actually get to listen to it, or is it just as much a collection for the sake of collecting it? I actually feel in many ways all of this choice we all have and such easy access is making music less enjoyable and more of a "thing" we consume rather than experience. Back in the day it was so much more fun to make a mixed tape or CD and then play the whole thing. It was like the slow food of music. Now I find when I listen to music part way into a song or an album I'll start thinking about how great something else would be, or the song reminds me of this other song and bam, switching is so easy that I often do it. I call it musical attention deficit disorder (I'm sure it has been called that before by somebody else even if I haven't heard it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back