Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 6, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #6,917 of 15,897

Quote:
  to take advantage of the Fiio Music app native HD decoding ?
3rd party apps are stuck to 48Khz playback android limitation. 

No The device in Android mode is outputting at 44.1 FWIW
As JoeBloggs pointed out some devices do 44.1 while most others enforce 48. no big deal but it's not 48 it's 44.1 . Some of the 3rd party apps can be instructed to follow the original sample rate. Neutron does that anyway with many devices.

Apr 6, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #6,918 of 15,897

No The device in Android mode is outputting at 44.1 FWIW
As JoeBloggs pointed out some devices do 44.1 while most others enforce 48. no big deal but it's not 48 it's 44.1 . Some of the 3rd party apps can be instructed to follow the original sample rate. Neutron does that anyway with many devices.

44,1Khz then, ok, but to my knowledge, no third party app is able to output above 44,1 (or 48) Khz on the Fiio X5 3rd gen. I know most of them can do it with some additional hardware (usb dacs etc) but not with the X5 dac. 

Apr 6, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #6,919 of 15,897

Quote:
  44,1Khz then, ok, but to my knowledge, no third party app is able to output above 44,1 (or 48) Khz on the Fiio X5 3rd gen. I know most of them can do it with some additional hardware (usb dacs etc) but not with the X5 dac. 

​Yes.
No confirmation for X5iii

The FiiO e18 amp/dac with Neutron could go up to 24/96.
the Sony PHA-3 can go to 192 on Neutron via my Note 4
I would be happy if the X5iii were able to do this with Neutron. FiiO said the X5iii was free of Android restrictions in either mode if I recall and some said Hiby would play 24/192 without resample but I am not sure. If the restriction does not apply then it is a matter of Neutron and other apps adding X5iii to it's compatibility list in whatever means they use

This picture is JoeBloggs.

Apr 6, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #6,920 of 15,897

I would be happy if the X5iii were able to do this with Neutron. FiiO said the X5iii was free of Android restrictions in either mode if I recall and some said Hiby would play 24/192 without resample but I am not sure. If the restriction does not apply then it is a matter of Neutron and other apps adding X5iii to it's compatibility list in whatever means they use

Yes, The X5 is free of Android restrictions in both modes but only through the Fiio Music app. 
Hiby does resample actually, i checked, with all settings possible, it doesn't have a suitable driver for the X5 dac. 

So yes, just like you, i hope those third party apps will support the X5 one day !  

Apr 6, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #6,922 of 15,897

Fiio unintentionally opened a can of worms with the X5 3rd Generation.

In spite of it’s exceptional SQ, the X5 introduced a surplus of barely functioning, or crippled capabilities which allowed users to experiment ad - nauseum into realms better left to full blown audio systems costing hundreds or thousands of dollars more than the X5.

Along with my sublime listening  experience….
I’ve decided to temper my purchase with some ethical common sense.

Just because a thing can or might be done – doesn’t necessarily mean it should be.

I come from an era where “Hi-Fi” was a metal needle scratching on a circular piece of plastic.

Apr 6, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #6,923 of 15,897
I come from an era where “Hi-Fi” was a metal needle scratching on a circular piece of plastic.

LOL!

I come from an era where 'Stereo FM' was two stations getting together and agreeing to each broadcast one channel to my Dad's two monaural tuners 
redface.gif

Apr 6, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #6,924 of 15,897
  Hello Experienced Members of X5-3,

Can anyone confirm if, USB Audio Player Pro can't able to show Second Micro SD Card - same thing for the Foobar2000 app...Right ?

Only HiBy Music (among 3rd Party app) can show Second Micro SD Card under Folder View as well compatible with X5-3's Play and Pause Button...and there is no problem resume playback from the last position of the song, unlike Fiio Music App. 

I don't own Neutron - but it doesn't have Folder Play option - Right ?

This was posted before. It worked for me::::

"I found a workaround for Foobar recognising all SD cards.
I added Internal Storage, External Storage (which for me was SD1) and then used "Specify path manually" and typed in /mnt/external_sd2"

Apr 6, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #6,926 of 15,897
You can set the X5III to do exactly what you are asking for. In the settings menu (the one you swipe in from the left side of the screen), select "Resume". Then, on the popup menu, enable the toggle beside "Resume" to enable it and select "Last Position".

I've got my X5III set up like this and it works perfectly.
Still have to Unlock and open Pure Music to resume

Apr 6, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #6,927 of 15,897
  As an avid EQ user, I would also appreciate a parametric EQ implementation if this would be possible? Maybe like ad add-on to the actual app and a switch for us to chose between graphic and parametric EQ 

​Fiio definitely need to do something like that. It is one of the few features letting it down. It could be an option in Settings; just choose one or other?

Apr 6, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #6,928 of 15,897
Quote:
You can set the X5III to do exactly what you are asking for. In the settings menu (the one you swipe in from the left side of the screen), select "Resume". Then, on the popup menu, enable the toggle beside "Resume" to enable it and select "Last Position".

I've got my X5III set up like this and it works perfectly.

Originally Posted by cadsh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Still have to Unlock and open Pure Music to resume

I just tried it here on my X5 (which was fully powered off) and playback resumed with no intervention on my part aside from powering the DAP on. From the time that the X5III finished booting to the lock screen there was a short delay (5-7 seconds maybe?) before playback resumed. I did not unlock the screen or touch any other buttons.

My X5 is in Pure Music mode and all I do when shutting it down is stop/pause playback of the currently playing track and then power off.

I just switched my XIII to Android mode and tried the same thing and got the behaviour that you describe above. This makes sense to me because Android doesn't start up any apps when it boots so one would have to manually start the Fiio Music app before playback will resume. There are third-party apps that will allow you to tag apps for auto-start on Android start up but I don't know if they would work on the X5III. 

Apr 6, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #6,929 of 15,897
Dear blaineworks,

Have you take off the case from the X5III first before docking to the K5?

Best regards

Yes, per your instructions in a previous post.

What I'm encountering is very similar to the one I quoted-- not being able to use it as DAC output from my MacBook Pro, and the volume being very low. I will try it again and give you better details.

Thank you!

Apr 6, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #6,930 of 15,897

Fiio unintentionally opened a can of worms with the X5 3rd Generation.

In spite of it’s exceptional SQ, the X5 introduced a surplus of barely functioning, or crippled capabilities which allowed users to experiment ad - nauseum into realms better left to full blown audio systems costing hundreds or thousands of dollars more than the X5.

Along with my sublime listening  experience….
I’ve decided to temper my purchase with some ethical common sense.

Just because a thing can or might be done – doesn’t necessarily mean it should be.

Ahahahaha 

(I'm a more recent person)

My Hi-Fi experience used to be an Iriver E100 + some Pioneer 10$ IEMs that sounded pretty good despite all their shortcomings. 

All in all, I still use only folder browsing, still need parametric EQ way more than graphical EQ function (I fine tune a ton) and I think that X5-3 is a great device. 

BT and Wifi and things were asked by the market, but I am happy with something that sounds good, has good battery, good build, good display to use outside and that is it 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back