Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 5, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #6,856 of 15,899
@FiiO

Hi Fiio,

I've tested the combo x5 + k5 for 1 week now and i have some issues.
- First, I can't access/transfer to files or use Dac (through the USB ) when the x5 is plugged in the dock. (maybe an issue with thunderbolt 3 / usb-c connector)
- There is also an issue when I pause music and restart later, the dock doesn't amplify as well as at start, and the sound is very poor. I need to switch on/off the dock to recover the good amplification

Firmware 1.1.4
Laptop: Macbook pro 15" Touchbar late 2016

Best regards

Dear ShinoX5,

1. Are you using the USB cable comes with the K5 but fail to work? And the X7 can work normally as DAC/storage if collecting to the computer directly?
2. Do you mean that the sound from K5 will become lower after pause the music from X7?

Best regards

1. When I use X5 as a Dac directly through the usb cable, it works. I use the USB cable comes with the K5. I can't try on windows
2. Yes, the sound from K5 will become lower and not clear

Apr 5, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #6,857 of 15,899
THANK YOU GUYS for not steering me away! I just got my Red X5iii and charged it up (in between service calls). Synced my RM1, popped in music and got everything going. It just so happens that Jason Mraz 10000 Motherlovers (lol) was 1st track. The X5 powering my just acquired Audeze Sine sounds so Wonderful! I'm very HAPPY!

Apr 5, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #6,858 of 15,899
What do the low pass filters in the filter settings do exactly?

Options include:

Sharp Roll-off Filter
Slow Roll-off Filter
Short delay Sharp Roll-Off Filter
Short delay Slow Roll-Off Filter
Super Slow Roll-Off Filter

???

It looks like Short delay Sharp Roll-Off Filter was the default setting, but I can't really tell what any of these are doing...

Apr 5, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #6,859 of 15,899
Now that this has been out for a while, was wondering what people were getting in terms of battery life for a days use?

Thanks

Apr 5, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #6,860 of 15,899
  Now that this has been out for a while, was wondering what people were getting in terms of battery life for a days use?

Thanks

I ran it constantly yesterday from about 9:30 - 4:30, playing music, occasionally using the screen to change songs or albums, and the battery was at 32% when I turned it off. I was running it in Pure Music mode, and I did not use WiFi or Bluetooth.

I am running a custom Purist Pro version of WindowsX firmware mod, though. Battery life was a little worse under the regular firmware.

Apr 5, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #6,861 of 15,899
Dear jeryg,

Does the issue happen everytime or using another headphones? What the firmware version of your X5III?

As for creating the playlist, you may read this post for help: http://www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41783&extra=page%3D1

Best regards

Using firmware 1.1.4, it doesn't happen all the time - as a matter of fact, it never happens when I'm trying to make it happen; except for when I'd get the low battery notification. Haven't tried other headphones yet, have to see if I can find the other cable for my SE535.

For playlists, it looks like the problem is only when I add new songs to the playlist. Checked the link, I've been using M3U dropper, but editing with Notepad. I'll start editing within the program. I'm sure I'll figure out a way to get it working :)

Thanks for the reply

Apr 5, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #6,862 of 15,899
@Fiio I have posted before but had no response so thought I'd try again. I'm having problems with Tidal and Qobuz apps. They both play tracks fine for a couple of tracks then, on the third or fourth track, the track starts distorting/skipping. Sometimes forwarding to the next track makes it play fine again, sometimes it doesn't. But even if it does, the problem comes back a few tracks later.

The problem is much more consistent on Tidal but exists in both apps. It may also happen with other 3rd party apps but I don't really use any others.

It also doesn't seem to make a difference if the tracks are stored on Sd card or internal memory.

And, yes, I am using the latest version of both apps from the Google play store.

To my mind, this all suggests a problem with the Fiio firmware or hardware rather than the apps. Especially as both apps work flawlessly on other devices for me.

Please try to solve this Fiio as it literally halves the usability of this otherwise excellent product for me and, I'm sure, many others.

Many thanks.

Apr 5, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #6,864 of 15,899
Is there any reason why I can't use Audible on the device? Just got it and found it odd.

Apr 5, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #6,865 of 15,899
  Is there any reason why I can't use Audible on the device? Just got it and found it odd.

I suspect that the app has limitations that prevent it from working. For example, may not be able to handle multiple external storage devices, or direct DAC access.

Apr 5, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #6,867 of 15,899
@Fiio I have posted before but had no response so thought I'd try again. I'm having problems with Tidal and Qobuz apps. They both play tracks fine for a couple of tracks then, on the third or fourth track, the track starts distorting/skipping. Sometimes forwarding to the next track makes it play fine again, sometimes it doesn't. But even if it does, the problem comes back a few tracks later.

The problem is much more consistent on Tidal but exists in both apps. It may also happen with other 3rd party apps but I don't really use any others.

It also doesn't seem to make a difference if the tracks are stored on Sd card or internal memory.

And, yes, I am using the latest version of both apps from the Google play store.

To my mind, this all suggests a problem with the Fiio firmware or hardware rather than the apps. Especially as both apps work flawlessly on other devices for me.

Please try to solve this Fiio as it literally halves the usability of this otherwise excellent product for me and, I'm sure, many others.

Many thanks.

@FiiO I also experience the same behavior with Tidal.  I have not tried Qobuz.  I am using coax out to a Schiit Modi 2 Multibit.  It does not make a difference whether playing tracks offline or streaming through WiFi.

Please address. Thx

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #6,868 of 15,899

I just tried “PowerAmp Full Version” for a day.
I was underwhelmed. I tried a few settings - didn’t help.
I finally reset everything back to the default – I was still somewhere out in the lobby.

I rebooted and went back to the Fiio Music Player – WOW – who swung OPEN the concert doors!?

Damn – sound wise, Fiio has really nailed it on this one!

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #6,869 of 15,899
@FiiO

1. When I use X5 as a Dac directly through the usb cable, it works. I use the USB cable comes with the K5. I can't try on windows
2. Yes, the sound from K5 will become lower and not clear

@FiiO I absolutely LOVE my X5iii! And I appreciate how hard your team is working to make the best user experience possible.

I've had similar trouble with my K5 dock. It's like the X5iii and the K5 don't quite know how to communicate just yet. It takes a couple of tries to get them to connect, and a couple of tries to get the sound to work.

Is there a standard connection or usage protocol I should try? My X5ii worked great, so I have high hopes!

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #6,870 of 15,899

I ran it constantly yesterday from about 9:30 - 4:30, playing music, occasionally using the screen to change songs or albums, and the battery was at 32% when I turned it off. I was running it in Pure Music mode, and I did not use WiFi or Bluetooth.

I am running a custom Purist Pro version of WindowsX firmware mod, though. Battery life was a little worse under the regular firmware.

​"Battery life was a little worse under the regular firmware"... sorry, not possible. Windows X firmware has WIFI wakelocks that deplete the battery really fast due to the 1.0.9 kernel. That does not mean is a bad ROM, just not very nice with battery life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back