Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 14, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #4,861 of 15,899
Saw this brought up before in a string of comments, but I don't believe @FiiO  ever responded.

What was the reason for going with an older version of Android? Also, another user in that string of comments mentioned Tidal was going to be dropping support for Android 5. Does @FiiO  plan to eventually update the Fiio X5 III to a newer release of Android?

Thanks

Mar 14, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #4,862 of 15,899
I just received the unit last night and did my usual brute force approach to using the unit.  Which meant using generic Android access to music (within the FIIO app) without reading the fine manual.

I will do a more comprehensive manual review.  But I am wondering, when playing music will the unit automatically move on to the next folder when playing music using folder access?

Also, is there an easy way to jut go up one level in folder access mode?  My initial clumsy attempts kept sending me back to the top level of the SD card for folder browsing.

I am very impressed with the sound quality so far.   I have mainly been using the FLC8S (tuned red -gray - gunmetal so far), and am achieving a highly detailed yet musical sound signature.   This is definitely in "the mix" with the Opus #1; Cayin i5, and FIIO X7.  Not quite at the Mojo level (but what is?) but I am a sucker for integration and the Mojo by definition is not integrated.

Interesting that I needed to use the FIIO cable for charging and USB access; my generic USB cable worked but created all kinds of "binging" noises with the PC.  I think the pc was in a mode where it continually was trying to reconnect using the older cable.

Addendum:  I dug through the box more thoroughly and did find a pin for inserting memory cards; a coax cable, and a leather case.

Mar 14, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #4,863 of 15,899

Quote:

I also think the idea is pretty cool! If it is be possible, it would be cool to have! 

We got 3
biggrin.gif

Relic mentioned image cropping. The frame and stretch would be based on a size that FiiO uses. If wanted exact perfection we would adjust to that, accept the art of off size of use another theme.
 Again this is easy for FiiO as the code for the lockscreen and control panel of the music player are already done.

I love the lockscreen.

Why?

Cuz the top bar is gone! They are using transparency on the top already so they can do that on the player screen.

The other 2 themes they proposed are 10 years old looking generic DAP stuff. I kinda puked in my mouth when I saw them.
DX200 has an excellent panel style that is unique.
The X5iii could have one of the themes be a full screen album art theme. Would be unique to the device.

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #4,864 of 15,899
Well I'm in. Ordered my X5III today and it should be in my hands by tomorrow night (weather permitting). I *was* going to try to wait for the red one to start shipping but my impatience got the better of me so black it is.

My thanks to the early pioneers who posted reviews and feedback and helpful tips.

Put me down as another +1 for HawaiiBadBoy's suggested player skin although the transport controls on top of transport controls in the sample image above looks a little wrong to me.

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #4,866 of 15,899
  Well I'm in. Ordered my X5III today and it should be in my hands by tomorrow night (weather permitting). I *was* going to try to wait for the red one to start shipping but my impatience got the better of me so black it is.

My thanks to the early pioneers who posted reviews and feedback and helpful tips.

Put me down as another +1 for HawaiiBadBoy's suggested player skin although the transport controls on top of transport controls in the sample image above looks a little wrong to me.

FiiO..that's 4!
 Yeah I just pasted a transparent cutout of the player onto the lockscreen so it shows both.
redface.gif

There would be the standard controls and no clock on the theme with a settings icon top left and search icon top right under the transparent top bar (battery, volume regular stuff)

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #4,867 of 15,899
Buttons stopped working again (play/pause next/prevous track) only in DI radio app. Opening the stock music app the controls work again. Closing the stock music app and trying to unpause DI radio again just opens the stock music app as if I were trying to play that. Next/Previous track was working for DI radio before but seems to have stopped after some time. After a reboot the hardware buttons work for DI radio again, but it seemed to take a minute before it started reacting to them. Basically it seems once the stock music app has been opened once the hardware playback controls don't work for DI radio until a reboot.

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #4,868 of 15,899
 FiiO..that's 4!
 Yeah I just pasted a transparent cutout of the player onto the lockscreen so it shows both. :xf_eek:
There would be the standard controls and no clock on the theme with a settings icon top left and search icon top right under the transparent top bar (battery, volume regular stuff)

I guess I do not follow the logic of another screen on a screen...when you push the wake button, you are presented with the lock screen with the pertinent info needed (to me). Would Th his replace the existing (or provide another option), be separate, what?

I guess I don't see the point of another lock screen option when there is one already. I like having the clock, and necessary audio functions. KISS

Focus on more important stability issues, not "glamorizing"...

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #4,869 of 15,899
I guess I do not follow the logic of another screen on a screen...when you push the wake button, you are presented with the lock screen with the pertinent info needed (to me). Would Th his replace the existing (or provide another option), be separate, what?

I guess I don't see the point of another lock screen option when there is one already. I like having the clock, and necessary audio functions. KISS

Focus on more important stability issues, not "glamorizing"...

We're not advocating for another screen on the lock screen. We're advocating for making the main player interface look like the lock screen (minus the clock and with different transport controls).

Agree with your sentiment about putting stability and performance enhancements ahead of cosmetic changes, though.

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #4,870 of 15,899
This is not an either or type of thing. They are already doing themes and they already coded it.
Choices are for choosing.
I don't want them to keep anything simple.
Work hard and make it function and look nice. I paid my money. They are already themeing and that stuff looks worse than what is already on the device. 
They are working on issues, they are offering themes so I threw an idea into the ring

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #4,871 of 15,899
@FiiO Why don't you update your post (http://www.fiio.net/en/story/535) about sending units to retailers anymore ?

My retailer in France (son-video.com) from whom I pre-ordered the X5 says you provided them with less units that they ordered. Can you give me an estimate date for a new shipment of units to this retailer ?

Best regards.

Mar 14, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #4,872 of 15,899
I am having problems with the FiiO Music app not playing big chunks of my library. I haven't isolated it to a specific filetype but it mainly seems to occur with 96K and 196K FLAC files. DSF files and 44K Apple Lossless files play fine. The files are found fine by FiiO music and look like they are playing on the DAP, but no sound is output via the headphone outs or the line out jack. All files that do not play on FiiO Music play fine on Poweramp or HiBy Music. I have tried removing embedded album art and resaving tags in Mp3tag to no avail. At the moment FiiO Music is pretty worthless to me. I do like the UI and VIPER effects though so it would be nice to use at some point. Until this is fixed I will just use Poweramp. Anyone have a solution for this behavior? Thanks!

Mar 14, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #4,873 of 15,899
  @FiiO Why don't you update your post (http://www.fiio.net/en/story/535) about sending units to retailers anymore ?

My retailer in France (son-video.com) from whom I pre-ordered the X5 says you provided them with less units that they ordered. Can you give me an estimate date for a new shipment of units to this retailer ?

Best regards.

I feel lucky that i got mine from son-video 10 days ago, seems like they received very few units, when did you preorder yours ? I hope it will get sorted out very soon for you. 

Mar 14, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #4,875 of 15,899

Best regards.

I know it's not France, but amazonuk have stated 20th march for restock units.  I'd imagine that it will be around then.  Probably limited supply as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back