Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 7, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #4,232 of 15,897
  @FiiO >

Finally found a good example [RocketPlayer] of the feature that I would really love to see in the default FiiO player:
Shuffle By Albums when playing a genre (the albums play in the right trackorder: handy for gapless albums).
Been looking for a player that has that feature for ages. Old iPods have that shuffle mode [Album shuffle].
Could you please ask the developers to add that feature. Other shuffle modes like Shuffle By Artists are welcome too.
If Shuffle By Albums in genre mode is added to the X5 III it's an instant buy for me!

I would also like this shuffle mode, more shuffle modes the better!

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #4,233 of 15,897
  different recordings, 1 studio album

I might also consider Steve Jones albums when thinking of Sex Pistols. That might be wrong, no?
biggrin.gif

Most Sex Pistols recordings are awesome though ! 

Ummm,they released one record.[/quote]

I'm not that knowledgeable about their history, sorry. Those are what I know about 
gs1000.gif

1977 - Never Mind The Bollocks Here's The Sex Pistols

1979 - The Great Rock 'N' Roll Swindle

1980 - Flogging a dead horse

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #4,235 of 15,897
With my DX90 I used the Fiio L17 cable to connect it to the mojo .
X5 3rd gen connection to mojo via coax with this or other similar cables is not working .
I am running the latest firmware and Fiio output is switched to coax .
Any ideas what the problem is ?

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #4,237 of 15,897
@Dobrescu George
@Sonic Defender
@good sound

Yes Sex Pistols have one album but album itself gave birth to so much music. All punk somewhere got born out of that. And how good is that recording is breathtaking, some of the best production work in my opinion. (Never Mind the Bullocks)

I agree music is rhythm age or era does not matter. But yes when music is flooded with all instruments trying to force to be right out there than be back ground support its a different feeling.

Older era - Gensis, Black Sabbath, Led Zep, Who, Doors,  all instruments try and be as important as other, all musicians were gifted and one of a kind thus make that difference.
Mid era - Sex Pistols, Pearl Jam, RHCP, Nirvana similarly have that extra richness to my ears
Modern - NiN, Daftpunk, Foo Fighters,  SoTD etc are similarly creative and instruments are so clearly doing their own thing, makes it fun to hear.

This kind of music, good recording just makes one grin, bad recording can still make one smile. However in the end yes music is personal taste and shall move from individual to individual.

Mar 7, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #4,238 of 15,897
As for Viper, main issue for me not it's price. It's pretty inconvenient payment model. To pay you have to use PayPal, so it's a multi-step task:
- activate necessary effect, select PayPal, wait about 5 seconds
- scan appeared QR code with smartphone (yep, you'll need a smartphone for that) and go to PayPal site
- enter password there (luckily I have 1Password, but without it, it would be a pain in the …)
- repeat for each separate effect

I have a novice question. I tried turning on some of the Viper effects, e.g the field surround effect. I assume this one is free because it did not prompt for a payment, but turned on and allowed me to configure the effect. 

I expected to hear a sound change in my headphones, but I could not detect any change whatsoever. Do I have to enable the Viper effects in some other place on the app?

Mar 7, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #4,239 of 15,897
Has anyone had issues with the volume wheel being a little stiff at a certain point of the wheel? I mean, I can put a little pressure on it and it will turn no problem, but I was curious if it was an issue others were having. Card 1 is done, so hopefully card 2 won't take nearly as long at home.

EDIT: Man, still having issues with it not finding all of my music...I guess I'll have to try a factory reset.. Any recommendations? Should I start retagging? I do have jpeg/jpg/png images embedded, but I wouldn't think this would make a difference.

Mar 7, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #4,240 of 15,897
I placed my order week after you.
frown.gif

Have to wait until 20th now.

Personally I'd rather wait a bit until after launch to see what every day usage bugs brings out that testing in a review environment wouldn't.  Waited this long, another 2 weeks won't hurt. 

Mar 7, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #4,241 of 15,897

Personally I'd rather wait a bit until after launch to see what every day usage bugs brings out that testing in a review environment wouldn't.  Waited this long, another 2 weeks won't hurt. 

Yes I'm waiting patiently too, my order was February 22nd, luckily still enjoying my other daps

Mar 7, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #4,242 of 15,897
With my DX90 I used the Fiio L17 cable to connect it to the mojo .
X5 3rd gen connection to mojo via coax with this or other similar cables is not working .
I am running the latest firmware and Fiio output is switched to coax .
Any ideas what the problem is ?

FiiO uses a shared port with the line-out and coaxial so the signal and ground pins don't line up like they normally would with a single coaxial port.

Read this post to see the pinout and what kind of custom cable you need to use.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/828402/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-2x-akm-4490-balanced-out-dsd-dxd-dts-android-dual-card-slot/3060#post_13285762

I purchased mine from here, but you can get one from Moon Audio and other places:

https://www.dysonaudio.com/collections/digital-cables

This whole shared coaxial port sucks. :mad:

Mar 7, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #4,243 of 15,897

True.
So far only thing I have seen reported that annoys me is the fact only Fiio app can play back high res. I hope other apps fix their apps to support x5 3 DAC. Mildly worrying is sd card scanning issue.
Rest is related to Spotify and Tidal which I dont use.

Mar 7, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #4,244 of 15,897
True.
So far only thing I have seen reported that annoys me is the fact only Fiio app can play back high res. I hope other apps fix their apps to support x5 3 DAC. Mildly worrying is sd card scanning issue.
Rest is related to Spotify and Tidal which I dont use.

Again, the issue is the Android limitations and sampling BEFORE it goes to the DAC. Let's not confuse things and start rumours.

Mar 7, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #4,245 of 15,897
Again, the issue is the Android limitations and sampling BEFORE it goes to the DAC. Let's not confuse things and start rumours.

Yes I know, apps like poweramp have been bypassing this limitation and adding support for various DACs, On the forum they want people to report what DAC it currently dont work on and they will try and add it.
So it is possible IF the app developers see fit to bypass it for X5iii.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back