Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 7, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #4,216 of 15,897
Okay. So you copy the music directly onto the sd card via your computer then put the card into the fiio? I thought I would just connect the fiio to the computer and download the music that way like I would an iPod.

Sorry if the question is noobie-ish. Been pretty much Apple only for mnay years, with a short detour into Zuneville.

You can do both, we are only saying that using a computer to fill up the microSD is way faster. 

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #4,217 of 15,897

Why does it take so much? 
biggrin.gif

mSD card +  SD adapter + laptopy , copied entire collection of 128 GB of lossless music in 1-2 hours. 5 hours sounds a bit much. 

I would generally advice to not use the DAP itself for copying music. It is possible, but using SD adapters and using the SD port of a laptopy is generally better. 

It's my fault at this point. I'm doing it in the background at work, and I forgot my adapter sadly, so I have to use the X5 for now sigh...I should be home for the second card, so it shouldn't take as long, plus it's not full. I must be patient!

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #4,218 of 15,897
@FiiO
>

Finally found a good example [RocketPlayer] of the feature that I would really love to see in the default FiiO player:
Shuffle By Albums when playing a genre (the albums play in the right trackorder: handy for gapless albums).
Been looking for a player that has that feature for ages. Old iPods have that shuffle mode [Album shuffle].
Could you please ask the developers to add that feature. Other shuffle modes like Shuffle By Artists are welcome too.
If Shuffle By Albums in genre mode is added to the X5 III it's an instant buy for me!

Yes, I vote for it.

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #4,219 of 15,897
After X5III reset this time with 2 x microSD's already inserted Spotify defaulted to SD2 for offline files and at the moment seems to be working. I also wiped my offline devices registered in Spotify account to ensure nothing going wrong there.

Will update if it looses tracks again.

This Fiio has breathed new life into my old Klipsch X10i's !! Never heard them sound so good and think synergy with these is actually better then my SE846'S !

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #4,220 of 15,897
  Quote:

Congrats you got your X5 3. Can you post the pictures of how connect the Mojo to X5 3 and cables you use? which will really help me.

Cable is a New Handmade Dyson Audio Fiio DAP DAC HP AMP 75 Ohm Digital Jumper TRRS/TS 3.5mm and works swell. 

Amazing, thanks a lot. So nice of you.

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #4,223 of 15,897

It's my fault at this point. I'm doing it in the background at work, and I forgot my adapter sadly, so I have to use the X5 for now sigh...I should be home for the second card, so it shouldn't take as long, plus it's not full. I must be patient!

Hang in there! 

I know how bad waiting can be, especially when you wait to enjoy your new jewel! 

You can do both, we are only saying that using a computer to fill up the microSD is way faster. 

Both methods sure work, but this is something of a discovery recently made: 

Seems that batteries are really affected by temperature. Transferring music will increase temperature of the device so the best way to do things is to not use a battery powered device to transfer files to mSD, especially for large / lengthy transfers.

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #4,224 of 15,897

I am in PM with t

I am in PM with them about this. They hadn't duplicated it but I sent them further info & going to show you're post so they know its not just mine.

I'm curious to know where is located your spotify cache, is it on the internal memory or a SD card?

Tried internal memory and SD.

I've just factory reset and just installed Spotify off Fiio Market rather than via Play Store. See if any different.

NO. Just left X5III in standby for 15mins with Spotify in Offline and when I switched it back on it wanted me to go back online again (so enabled wifi) and then all offline tracks not showing again. Spotify also starts back up in online mode even though it was set to offline and storage location tick now showing as internal memory rather than SD2 it was set to before.

Can others confirm same other than just to two of us already.

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #4,225 of 15,897
Hope Fiio can fix this as means I can't use it for Spotify when out&about. Will have to return it otherwise but only have a short time to do so.

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #4,226 of 15,897
NO. Just left X5III in standby for 15mins with Spotify in Offline and when I switched it back on it wanted me to go back online again (so enabled wifi) and then all offline tracks not showing again. Spotify also starts back up in online mode even though it was set to offline and storage location tick now showing as internal memory rather than SD2 it was set to before.

Can others confirm same other than just to two of us already.

Mine works fine for Tidal. Off line still there on Micro SD after reboot

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #4,227 of 15,897
  @FiiO Congratulations on the award. Thats very commendable.

For song suggestions :D

Fortunate Son by CCR or Anarchy in UK by Sex Pistols  or The Clash's Guns of Brixton or RATM Killing in the Name

Such old recordings!

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #4,228 of 15,897

@FiiO
Congratulations on the award. Thats very commendable.

For song suggestions :D

Fortunate Son by CCR or Anarchy in UK by Sex Pistols  or The Clash's Guns of Brixton or RATM Killing in the Name

Such old recordings!

Some of the best recordings, in fact I will go as far as to say that most of the best recordings are old recordings. Some of the best music as well. Much of the newer music and recordings, with some notable but too few exceptions, just don't have the fidelity or the soul older music has.

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #4,229 of 15,897
Some of the best recordings, in fact I will go as far as to say that most of the best recordings are old recordings. Some of the best music as well. Much of the newer music and recordings, with some notable but too few exceptions, just don't have the fidelity or the soul older music has.

Everyone likes what they like! 
biggrin.gif

I came to love music from all ages, some of them being reather poorly recorded, but I just like the music, can't stop listening to it just because it's old or because it's not well recorded! 

Such old recordings!

Most Sex Pistols recordings are awesome though ! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back