Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 5, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #3,992 of 15,897

What is the actual issue with the embedded art that you removed? Was it too large?

Would it not be better for Fiio to fix the player to read variations of embedded art?

Like I said in my post they have a fix but it's causing some issues with the lockscreen so they're trying to resolve these issues before implement the fix.

Mar 5, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #3,996 of 15,897
The fact that there is such a huge difference in features/functionality between Android and Fiio's "Pure" mode pushed me to return my X5III.

In Android mode it offers no real advantage over any other Android based product, even some of the newer smartphones.

The major deal breaker for me was that my offline music from Tidal is not accessible in "Pure" mode, pretty much negating the advantage of paying for one of those services. 

Mar 5, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #3,997 of 15,897
  The fact that there is such a huge difference in features/functionality between Android and Fiio's "Pure" mode pushed me to return my X5III.

In Android mode it offers no real advantage over any other Android based product, even some of the newer smartphones.

The major deal breaker for me was that my offline music from Tidal is not accessible in "Pure" mode, pretty much negating the advantage of paying for one of those services. 

Is better SQ not a advantage over android phones?

Mar 5, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #3,999 of 15,897

I feel like you have missed the point of the X5iii entirely.

Mar 5, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #4,000 of 15,897
  Is better SQ not a advantage over android phones?

Check out the specs in a phone like the Axon ZTE 7.  Does the new X5 sound better in Android than it?  Perhaps, for discerning listeners.

It wasn't a big enough difference for me to justify$400.  In "Pure" mode it's noticeable but again, that defeats all the "connected" features that services like Tidal and Spotify bring. 

Mar 5, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #4,002 of 15,897
  Check out the specs in a phone like the Axon ZTE 7.  Does the new X5 sound better in Android than it?  Perhaps, for discerning listeners.

It wasn't a big enough difference for me to justify$400.  In "Pure" mode it's noticeable but again, that defeats all the "connected" features that services like Tidal and Spotify bring. 

And that point is?  A DAP that is great for people without a connected device like a smartphone? 

Substantially higher sound quality. I have two phones (a Huawei Mate 9, and a company supplied iPhone 7) and even the most basic FiiO DAP blows the socks off them in terms of driving power. These DAPs are not designed to replace a phone, or even be an alternative to it. I am curious what features you perceive you are missing from Android mode? Is it the ViPER effects on other apps? Well, that's down to the other app developers to integrate into their own software.

Mar 5, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #4,003 of 15,897
And I never use EQ so Fiio music sounds same to me in Android and dedicated mode.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Mar 5, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #4,004 of 15,897

Its absolutely your right to return the x5, or keep it, or use it as a paperweight.

"In Android mode it offers no real advantage over any other Android based product, even some of the newer smartphones." - this is your opinion only. There are many advantages over a standard android phone. It depends what you want it for. If you want to make calls, buy a phone. If you want a high audio quality music player with many sought after features, buy a dedicated DAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back