Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 3, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #3,826 of 15,899
Am I the only one who think that hiss is overrated? 
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't have any hiss with Sony EX1000 or EX800

I supposed it was a balanced armature thing?

Mar 3, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #3,829 of 15,899
Electronics Expo had the FiiO X5 III (Black) up on Amazon (US). Seems I took the last one already, but they might restock. Also received an email earlier this week from Tinbel store that they will have the Black version today at the earliest. Just a head up for those waiting on the Black color.

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #3,830 of 15,899
  I think you might need the battery to drain down then it will reset itself ..i think that will do it

So..update...the battery icon does not change when i plug the player in for charging. Either via computer or wall charger. If i turn it off then plug it into the wall charger, the android charging logo fills the screen. If i turn it on while the charger is plugged in, the android icon shows a charging icon. If I then unplug the usb cable, the charging icon in the status bar remains. 

Needless to say, the battery is indicating 50% charge at all times. I've left it playing for about 6 hours non stop now - with a couple of hours streaming, brightness is full, wifi and bluetooth on for extra drain so hopefully near the end? The battery life is great though lol

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #3,831 of 15,899
Only had the x5 for about 15 minutes before I managed to blow my ears out. Found the volume max a little too late. Anyways, it's nice to see that there's very little hiss with the se846. Either that or I can no longer hear it lol. Really like what I'm seeing so far

Mar 3, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #3,832 of 15,899

sorry this is the first report of such issue, plz help us reset the X5III  ( press the power button for about 15 seconds )

Update #3 - got the battery to discharge completely. It would not turn back on under battery power. So i plugged in the usb cable, let it charge for a few minutes from the wall socket and turned it back on. Still reporting 50% battery charge. 

I think i will have to return it, looks like a faulty battery contact/battery even - unfortunately the supplier i got it from (EA Audio in the UK - FiiO's official supplier) does not have anything in stock right now.

Mar 3, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #3,833 of 15,899
  Update #3 - got the battery to discharge completely. It would not turn back on under battery power. So i plugged in the usb cable, let it charge for a few minutes from the wall socket and turned it back on. Still reporting 50% battery charge. 

I think i will have to return it, looks like a faulty battery contact/battery even - unfortunately the supplier i got it from (EA Audio in the UK - FiiO's official supplier) does not have anything in stock right now.

Factory reset?

Mar 3, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #3,836 of 15,899
Picked up the X5iii from Adorama in NYC. Went to the store right at 9am when they opened and they confirmed that they had no black players in stock and they had only one titanium player that was being delivered from their warehouse to the store. They were able to put it on hold for me. I just picked it up a little while ago and I can't wait to play around with it when I get home from work today. I've had both the 1st and 2nd gen X5's and have really enjoyed both players so I can't wait to see what this one has in store.

Mar 3, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #3,837 of 15,899
lol we're getting that thing sold out all around the world. I should obtain mine the 10 march anf it's my first serious DAC, hopefully It'll be jaw dropping.

Any suggestions on the optimal IEM's for this?

Mar 3, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #3,838 of 15,899
Just received mine.....completed the unboxing.....WiFi on, update complete - no issues......card trays open.....inserted brand new 256GB SanDisk card......and Fail.....can't find where to format the card......included folding Getting Started paper, Manual on line, FiiO's page, Unboxing video Ngoshawk, etc......

So.....where is the button that needs to be mashed to format the card inside the X5iii? I found it on the X5ii.....but it is hidden from me on this one.

Mar 3, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #3,839 of 15,899
Just got mine!  Slowly, undressing...er...unboxing it and getting ready to get (it) turned on (and updated)...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Cheers and All the Best!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

P.S. - A BIG SHOUT OUT to the excellent service from Sky by Gramophone!  They responded quickly to a last minute color change request...now my X5iii matches my A5! 
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #3,840 of 15,899
  Just received mine.....completed the unboxing.....WiFi on, update complete - no issues......card trays open.....inserted brand new 256GB SanDisk card......and Fail.....can't find where to format the card......included folding Getting Started paper, Manual on line, FiiO's page, Unboxing video Ngoshawk, etc......

So.....where is the button that needs to be mashed to format the card inside the X5iii? I found it on the X5ii.....but it is hidden from me on this one.

Settings -> storage. It is the standard Android SD formatting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back