Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 1, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #3,556 of 15,897
I shall compare it to the AK120II and Opus#2.

Sound signature alone...curious if the signature of the x5lll would be between the Cayin i5 and the Opus.

edit...wasn't clear

Mar 1, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #3,557 of 15,897
Sound signature alone...curious if it would be between the Cayin i5 and the Opus

I prefer the Opus. PM if needed, since this is the wonderful x5iii thread. So many excellent choices!

Mar 1, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #3,558 of 15,897

To be honest I'm simply stunned at the value for money with this.

This is why I made my video.
Had 3 +$1000 (Japan costs) units next to it and it sounded better than all 3
 I had no idea the price was so low and contacted them (FiiO) about possible pirating of early units. No....no.. that was the real price. They musta wondered What I was talking about as I had not followed this item much.

Mar 1, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #3,559 of 15,897
Just got an email from amp3 stating: "We have been informed by FiiO that they have unfortunately been unable to supply us with the amount of FiiO X5iii players on our order, and so there will be a small delay in shipping your order. FiiO have informed us that they expect to dispatch a second batch of X5iii player stock to us around 15 March."

Mar 1, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #3,560 of 15,897
  Just got an email from amp3 stating: "We have been informed by FiiO that they have unfortunately been unable to supply us with the amount of FiiO X5iii players on our order, and so there will be a small delay in shipping your order. FiiO have informed us that they expect to dispatch a second batch of X5iii player stock to us around 15 March."

How long ago did you place your order?

I e-mailed them this morning and the reply I got suggested mine would be in the first batch. Not convinced though as I was quite late to the party (13th Feb).

Cheers.

Mar 1, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #3,561 of 15,897

Really glad I cancelled yesterday & got mine for Amazon (EA Audio). I wouldn't have got one in first shipment as pre-ordered late.

Mar 1, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #3,562 of 15,897

Same here, I am
ekYPKn3.gif

Mar 1, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #3,565 of 15,897
Same here - I immediately cancelled and picked up the last one from EA Audio on amazon.

I am hoping that it's not a mistake on amazon as there is no stock on EA's own website. Amazon says it should be delivered Friday but nothing has yet been progressed on the order.

Fingers crossed.

Mar 1, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #3,566 of 15,897

How long ago did you place your order?

I e-mailed them this morning and the reply I got suggested mine would be in the first batch. Not convinced though as I was quite late to the party (13th Feb).

Cheers.

I ordered on February 22nd

Mar 1, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #3,568 of 15,897

Good enough reason.

As for me, excellent service, only ordered at 12:45 yesterday and arrived at 7:30 this morning. At work so may not get much time to try until this evening

You ordered from EA through amazon right?

I just picked up the last one they had in Titanium and says it's just been despatched.

Quoted date is between 3rd - 6th March.

Did you take delivery before your quoted date?

Mar 1, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #3,570 of 15,897
  Same here - I immediately cancelled and picked up the last one from EA Audio on amazon.

I am hoping that it's not a mistake on amazon as there is no stock on EA's own website. Amazon says it should be delivered Friday but nothing has yet been progressed on the order.

Fingers crossed.

Yes, said no stock on their own site but as mentioned above, ordered mine at 12:45 lunch time yesterday and arrived 7:30am this morning
gs1000.gif

Parcelforce tracking won't go live until after ~6pm if its like my Amazon order.

So glad I don't have to wait as this thing is amazing. One thing I'd say it does beat the Mojo on is sound stage and I'm find mid clarity just as good with my SE846's.

Still to do some detailed listening between balanced & SE cabling plus comparison to my Oppo HA-2SE/iPhone 5S combination. The X5III is fast charging great with my Samsung S7 fast charger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back