Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Aug 22, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #13,816 of 15,897
Fidelizer is a leaner, optimised ROM and most of its work is done in the OS, not the kernel. It's quite clean and efficient (runs in root, implements init.d) and implements optimisations to AndroidOS at runtime. It works quite nicely alongside my kernel as well.

If you install Fidelizer, you'll need to reflash my kernel on top, and both will work fine. In fact I'm using Fidelizer as a base as it runs faster than the stock OS.

Aug 23, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #13,817 of 15,897
My X5 iii will no longer sync when I plug it in to a computer via USB. It will charge, but the menu giving me the option to transfer files won't appear automatically like it used to. Anyone have any idea what the problem could be? Did I accidentally change some kind of option on the Fiio itself or my PC? Windows doesn't detect the drive when I plug it in either.

I've tried several USB chords so it's not the chord.
I Purchased x5 iii only two days back i am also getting to same problem

Aug 23, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #13,820 of 15,897
Yes i have tried it is not responding to windows as well as mac

What about hard resetting the device? Hold power + up volume until it turns off, it will re-start. Try plug it in again after that.

If you have tried that already, I am done with my suggestions.

Aug 24, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #13,822 of 15,897
I have a Fiio X5iii and Sennheiser hd598. I want to buy an amplifier in a couple of days. I am stuck between two choices. The Schiit Magni 3 and Fiio E12a. Given that the internal head-amp in X5iii is warmish, I will prefer a neutral amp to counter the warmth. Can anybody shed light on the two choices and which of the two amps will power Hd598 better and also which of the two will be ideal sonically with the X5iii?

Been using the E12A Mont Blanc for a few years now, love it and it warms up and drives my 3 different pairs of etymotics iem's so so nicely. I tried a smaller form factor fiio amp w my X1 and it just lacks the balls of the e12.

Aug 24, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #13,826 of 15,897
Is this unit a great up grade from the x5?
Yes. It's an improvement in every way but even then there are even better options in the market right now.

Aug 24, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #13,828 of 15,897
. What model do you prefer for sound? and is there a good streamer for spotify and tidal? under $500
Under 500 bucks the best for sound is the DX150. Can't say much about its streaming capability though, I didn't try streaming on it. Then there's the N5ii for 300 bucks, performs similarly compared to the X5iii for streaming (slightly laggy) but sounds better, almost as good as the DX150. The N5iiS (Stainless Steel version, double ram (2gb), double storage (64gb)) is a lot faster and snappier but costs 500 bucks.

The best for streaming would be the HiBy R6 which is on par with smartphones. Soundwise its on the same level as the DX150. However, it costs 600 bucks.

Aug 27, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #13,830 of 15,897
Does anyone know if Fidelizer impacts the K5 integration? Use the K5 doc with my desktop now and don't want to lose that functionality. Also have run into one issue with the dock, when you turn on the K5 it does turn on the X5, but only the white battery charging logo appears even when it's fully charged, you still how to power on the X5 separately. Not sure if anyone else has run into this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back