Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
May 19, 2018 at 11:19 PM Post #13,456 of 15,897
Hi, Anybody knows knows the total power output of X5III vs Cayin N5II? On Cayin website N5II is stated to be 150+150mw. On Fiio website it is stated as 250mw. Does it mean that Fiio X5III has 250+250 mw?
When calculating how loud it would be able to drive a headphone, use 250mw.

250mw+250mw means that it is sending 250mw to the left and 250mw to the right respectively.

The X5iii should have better driving power than the Cayin N5ii as it has 100mw more power per channel. However, the outputs of the X5iii are noisier than the N5ii which is noiseless so if the N5ii's output is enough for you, there's no point in getting more power. Quality is more important.

I think the N5ii's outputs are plenty powerful as I had no problems driving a DT880 600ohm.

May 19, 2018 at 11:53 PM Post #13,457 of 15,897
When calculating how loud it would be able to drive a headphone, use 250mw.

250mw+250mw means that it is sending 250mw to the left and 250mw to the right respectively.

The X5iii should have better driving power than the Cayin N5ii as it has 100mw more power per channel. However, the outputs of the X5iii are noisier than the N5ii which is noiseless so if the N5ii's output is enough for you, there's no point in getting more power. Quality is more important.

I think the N5ii's outputs are plenty powerful as I had no problems driving a DT880 600ohm.

Thanks for the clarity. I have already ordered a X5III. They both must be great systems in their own sonic sense. So I am happy waiting for the X5III

May 19, 2018 at 11:56 PM Post #13,458 of 15,897
Thanks for the clarity. I have already ordered a X5III. They both must be great systems in their own sonic sense. So I am happy waiting for the X5III
Enjoy your DAP :D

May 21, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #13,459 of 15,897
Dear friend,

The X5III is an Android-based,mastering quality lossless playback portable music player, so you could install most third party APP in it. But we could not promise the compatibility for all the APPs. And some APPs can also not be compatible to all the mobilephones as well. Hope you could understand.

Best regards
Dear friend,

The X5III is an Android-based,mastering quality lossless playback portable music player, so you could install most third party APP in it. But we could not promise the compatibility for all the APPs. And some APPs can also not be compatible to all the mobilephones as well. Hope you could understand.

Best regards

This question is directed to Fiio.I would appreciate if Fiio takes the authority to answer my inquiry.

What is the total power output(3.5mm) of X5iii?
Is it just 250 or is it 250+250 in both channels? That would make it 500 in total.

May 21, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #13,460 of 15,897
There's the Opus 1S ($399) if you want unbeatable stability.
It looks like the Opus 1S does not support USB DAC functionality, unless I am missing something or misreading something? In a review I find for the normal Opus #1 I see that it will or should support PC USB DAC functionality however in the review they mentioned it did not work yet and would get added by a software update at some point in the future but I cannot seem to find any information or confirmation that this actually is a feature and it works now. I am looking into an Astell and Kern AK70 MKII potentially if I can find one for a good price in that $500-550 range. This is a little more than I was hoping or planning on spending, but it looks like this device would have all of the features I am looking for and A&K seems to get good reviews for their reliability. Would have liked to have gone with a cheaper solution like the X5 but it seems to have its fair share of problems and if I am spending this much money on an audio playing device, I want it to be responsive and work, not be dealing with issues for the next 5-10 years or however long I try to keep this assuming it lasts me as long as my iPod.

May 22, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #13,461 of 15,897
This question is directed to Fiio.I would appreciate if Fiio takes the authority to answer my inquiry.

What is the total power output(3.5mm) of X5iii?
Is it just 250 or is it 250+250 in both channels? That would make it 500 in total.
Dear friend,

upload_2018-5-23_9-38-32.png

If you are talking about the 250mW for 32Ω headphone, the 250mW means for each channel. 250mW to the left and 250mW to the right respectively. Both channel are 250mW.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 24, 2018 at 4:33 AM Post #13,462 of 15,897
Dear friend,

If you are talking about the 250mW for 32Ω headphone, the 250mW means for each channel. 250mW to the left and 250mW to the right respectively. Both channel are 250mW.

Best regards

Hi, I now have the X5III. I see a turbo option for the gain settings. Is turbo meant for both single ended and balanced or simply for balanced?

May 24, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #13,463 of 15,897
Hi, I now have the X5III. I see a turbo option for the gain settings. Is turbo meant for both single ended and balanced or simply for balanced?
Turbo is only for balanced out. You get more power but also more noise so there's no reason to use it unless you need the extra power.

May 25, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #13,464 of 15,897
For all the people using Neutron, does anyone else have an issue with the scrolling being really laggy? And if so, is there any fixes? I know the scrolling behaviour in Neutron is kind of weird in the first place, but it feels like it sometimes isn't registering my touches in Neutron and it makes the app, which I otherwise find to be perfect in every way, unuable for me. This doesn't happen in any other app, and I am now using UAPP, but I still prefer Neutron over it, if only this one single issue could be fixed.

May 25, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #13,465 of 15,897
For all the people using Neutron, does anyone else have an issue with the scrolling being really laggy? And if so, is there any fixes? I know the scrolling behaviour in Neutron is kind of weird in the first place, but it feels like it sometimes isn't registering my touches in Neutron and it makes the app, which I otherwise find to be perfect in every way, unuable for me. This doesn't happen in any other app, and I am now using UAPP, but I still prefer Neutron over it, if only this one single issue could be fixed.

Haven't noticed anything like this, and if it happens only with Neutron, then it is a Neutron issue.

Clearing the cache and reinstalling the app, doing a factory reset might help, otherwise, you can contact the Neutron devs and see if they can offer any help (they can ask for and analyse certain log files I think)

May 25, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #13,466 of 15,897
...if it happens only with Neutron, then it is a Neutron issue.
I question if it only happens with Neutron (which I don't use). Prior to the Sirius app update, the previous Sirius app was getting more sluggish and buggy on the X5 - continual error messages, lagging scrolling, loading, etc. It worked, but barely. The Amazon Music app has also been getting slower; no crashes or error messages, but similarly slow scrolling and loading of pages. I did a reset to factory defaults of the device, reinstalling a limited number of apps, but that did not seem to improve the issue. I can accept that the total non-functioning of the updated Sirius app is on Sirius's end, but I've found the X5 to be a rather unsatisfactory streaming device overall. (I haven't used third-party music player apps not intended to stream.) It functions decently as a self-contained music player, but even in that respect, it's got issues. The X5's own player UI is decent at best, and the device got pretty temperamental when I installed two 256 GB micro SDXC cards. If I could at least get the Sirius app to work, it would serve some purpose, but right now, it literally is sitting unused.

May 25, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #13,467 of 15,897
I had noticed weird behavior system wide with unregistered taps, swipes, scrolling, etc., But this was mainly due to having turned off animations in developer options. Switching back to .5x or 1x fixed my issues.

May 26, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #13,470 of 15,897
I had noticed weird behavior system wide with unregistered taps, swipes, scrolling, etc., But this was mainly due to having turned off animations in developer options. Switching back to .5x or 1x fixed my issues.
Yeah turning animations off completely does that.

My P9 doesn't display screenshots if animations are turned off so it's not just the X5iii.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back