Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Dec 19, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #391 of 15,899
Considerably better than Romanian wages if we consider Romanian economy and how much the average person makes, not to mention the costs of living. :D

I'm a bit worried that some people might not afford it as easy as they could afford X5ii, but I guess that it's all up to the sound. If the sound is 40% better or more open as ClieOs stated, the increase in price could totally be worth it :L3000:

The increase in cost isn't that much IMO and goes along with all the bells and whistles. I know other countries seem to be getting screwed, but FiiO can't control that. My gripe is the cost of those 256 gig mcsd cards. $150 to $200 depending on the brand. I saw one the other day for $140, but that's still high. Folks will have $700 invested by the time you factor in storage. Thank goodness OTG storage is accepted because flash drives are much cheaper.

Dec 19, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #392 of 15,899
i have learned, that US prices are presented without tax, which would explain that circa 20% increase for EU. Cant wait for sound impressions btw. Isn't today the realease day in China?

Dec 19, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #394 of 15,899
so, european people...
US market is about 385 €, India its about 387 €, Singapur its about 378 € and European market its 490 € ?
Or they think that we are the rich ones of the family or they treat us like stupid. ( guess which option i think its... lol )

Dec 19, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #395 of 15,899
so, european people...
US market is about 385 €, India its about 387 €, Singapur its about 378 € and European market its 490 € ?
Or they think that we are the rich ones of the family or they treat us like stupid. ( guess which option i think its... lol )
I know, the pricing for EU is pretty odd in my mind. Seriously, mojo and i5 are the same price here, I may do a direct swap of my mojo for an i5. Apparently i5 is pretty nice sounding. No doubt the x5 iii will be great also but the pricing got me scratching me head... principle more than anything maybe

Dec 19, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #396 of 15,899
Hilarious...complaining about pricing that is 6% over the US price + VAT.  I won't even touch the fact that people are talking smack about the US on a computer running a US designed processor (at minimum), connected to a US designed network, on a US based website.  That cognitive dissonance makes my head hurt.

Furthermore; how much do you think Fiio had to put into ensuring compliance with the myriad of rules and regulations to sell something in the EU?  And why should the rest of the world pay for that if they aren't following the same guidelines?  The countries in Europe decided that is what they wanted; the rest of the world should not be punished for their decisions.

Don't like it?  Don't purchase it.  That is how you, as a consumer, have a voice.  Be polite and provide feedback to the company.  Fiio has been exemplary in their dealings with the community and perhaps if enough EU citizens voice their opinion something can be done.  You also should have some sort of consumer protection board; perhaps appealing to them or your governments that the costs of goods is spiraling out of control compared to the rest of the world is a trend that they need to put a halt to.

Remember that nobody is entitled to anything with the exception of entering into a contract.  When I purchase Fiio's gear I expect it to work.  Full stop.  Have I had buggy stuff from them - yep the X3 was a mess at the beginning.  However Fiio came through and got it up and running to the point that I was as pleased with it as my other kit from them.  Was I upset that the X7 didn't have dual SD slots?  Yep so I didn't purchase one even though I really wanted to.  Now that Fiio has come through with what I want they'll get more money from me.  You could do exactly the same or design and produce your own DAP that meets your exact needs.

Dec 19, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #399 of 15,899
Dec 19, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #400 of 15,899
The increase in cost isn't that much IMO and goes along with all the bells and whistles. I know other countries seem to be getting screwed, but FiiO can't control that. My gripe is the cost of those 256 gig mcsd cards. $150 to $200 depending on the brand. I saw one the other day for $140, but that's still high. Folks will have $700 invested by the time you factor in storage. Thank goodness OTG storage is accepted because flash drives are much cheaper.

$64 for 200GB isn't too bad though.

Dec 19, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #402 of 15,899
  Hilarious...complaining about pricing that is 6% over the US price + VAT.  I won't even touch the fact that people are talking smack about the US on a computer running a US designed processor (at minimum), connected to a US designed network, on a US based website.  That cognitive dissonance makes my head hurt.

Furthermore; how much do you think Fiio had to put into ensuring compliance with the myriad of rules and regulations to sell something in the EU?  And why should the rest of the world pay for that if they aren't following the same guidelines?  The countries in Europe decided that is what they wanted; the rest of the world should not be punished for their decisions.

Don't like it?  Don't purchase it.  That is how you, as a consumer, have a voice.  Be polite and provide feedback to the company.  Fiio has been exemplary in their dealings with the community and perhaps if enough EU citizens voice their opinion something can be done.  You also should have some sort of consumer protection board; perhaps appealing to them or your governments that the costs of goods is spiraling out of control compared to the rest of the world is a trend that they need to put a halt to.

Remember that nobody is entitled to anything with the exception of entering into a contract.  When I purchase Fiio's gear I expect it to work.  Full stop.  Have I had buggy stuff from them - yep the X3 was a mess at the beginning.  However Fiio came through and got it up and running to the point that I was as pleased with it as my other kit from them.  Was I upset that the X7 didn't have dual SD slots?  Yep so I didn't purchase one even though I really wanted to.  Now that Fiio has come through with what I want they'll get more money from me.  You could do exactly the same or design and produce your own DAP that meets your exact needs.

Thanks for reminding people that the world is NOT a free market, that there are some regional specifics, and yes, CE marking is not just a gimmick, it involves additional testing/requirements and a nice heavy file to be submitted to authorities and it is mandatory.
In EU, most manufacturers sign agreements with retailers including fixed prices to avoid sacrificing margins, which means that some brands NEVER EVER get discounted (Meze, Oppo, just  to list a few). That's life.
Your only freedom is to buy or not to buy.

Dec 19, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #403 of 15,899
Wasn't complaining about the cost of the 200 gig cards. I think the price will come down on the 256 gig cards eventually, but I don't know why 56 gigs more is $90 more...I haven't figured that math out yet.

Yeah, I don't think there is math involved - except for what the market will pay for the latest shiny micro sd card.

Dec 19, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #405 of 15,899
In EU, some headphones are cheaper, but dap/dac/amp are generally more expensive.
In China, the good headphones are more expensive than EU, but you can buy very cheap dap/dac/amp.
In US, everything is cheaper or between. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back