FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Aug 20, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #5,686 of 7,088

We have one of those jerks in my city too.
This guy thinks people come in, find what they want then go order online for cheaper.
What's crazy is his prices match what's online so why would anyone go elsewhere?

I wanted to see if there was something in my price range that I'd prefer over my 650's.
They were just a little veiled for me.
I was especially interested in the Beydynamic line since I've never heard one.
I asked if I could hear two models off the wall of demos.
He told me to come back once I sold my Sennies and had the cash in my pocket.

Needless to say I've never been back and would rather give up listening to music before I do.

Do you have an Amazon in your area?
They know we need to hear for ourselves so they offer a full refund if not satisfied.
Just be wary of third party sellers on Amazon who charge you the shipping back costs and sometimes a substantial restocking fee.

Amazon does not exist in Romania 
frown.gif

Some Amazon sellers don't even deliver to Romania, though most do. 

We have a store that has Senn, Audeze, Audio Tehnica, Akg, and many others brands, and I go there and listen for long periods, totally recommend them (AVstore - they are also the official FIIO dealer in Romania). 

But I really want to try other brands now, especially Ultrasone models and Grado models. 

I generally avoid ordering online, since I'm okay with ordering with the shop that lets me demo their many units. 

I'm sure there are many other great stores in Romania, but I'm still searching for Grado to test to my full heart's pleasure. 

Aug 20, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #5,687 of 7,088

We have one of those jerks in my city too.
This guy thinks people come in, find what they want then go order online for cheaper.
What's crazy is his prices match what's online so why would anyone go elsewhere?

I wanted to see if there was something in my price range that I'd prefer over my 650's.
They were just a little veiled for me.
I was especially interested in the Beydynamic line since I've never heard one.
I asked if I could hear two models off the wall of demos.
He told me to come back once I sold my Sennies and had the cash in my pocket.

Needless to say I've never been back and would rather give up listening to music before I do.

Do you have an Amazon in your area?
They know we need to hear for ourselves so they offer a full refund if not satisfied.
Just be wary of third party sellers on Amazon who charge you the shipping back costs and sometimes a substantial restocking fee.

Amazon does not exist in Romania 
frown.gif

Some Amazon sellers don't even deliver to Romania, though most do. 

We have a store that has Senn, Audeze, Audio Tehnica, Akg, and many others brands, and I go there and listen for long periods, totally recommend them (AVstore - they are also the official FIIO dealer in Romania). 

But I really want to try other brands now, especially Ultrasone models and Grado models. 

I generally avoid ordering online, since I'm okay with ordering with the shop that lets me demo their many units. 

I'm sure there are many other great stores in Romania, but I'm still searching for Grado to test to my full heart's pleasure. 

Another thing you can do is buy one used from someone here and just resell if you don't like it.
Grados will always sell.

Aug 20, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #5,688 of 7,088
Finally received this beautie....
tongue_smile.gif
  Very nice box with all the the tools inside including the plastic case.

I am very pleased what a great build quality and more heavy than i tought but i like that you see it's great quality.

I now got to read how to maximize the settings.

I AM VERY HAPPY

Aug 20, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #5,689 of 7,088
I am currently listen to the DOORS (the perception box 24-96) and wow only 2 hours op play i can say the x5II with the grado sounds wonderfull very clear sound, very good instrument separation, detailled and airy (only 2 hours of play with minimal adaptations.

Further testing this week will do some comments... I like the sound of the grado' really is a killerwith the x5II.

So since i search a good pair of in-ear for my travels what do you think of the grado's in-ear GR8e or GR10e ??

Aug 21, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #5,691 of 7,088
  grado and fantastic coupled x5.
with sr225e I tried iBasso dx 80, ak Jr. and onkio dp x1, with x5ii grado mates wonderfully.

Do you know an in-ear for my travels that sounds as good of the grado's (budget max 400 euros ?

I have the gr8e in mind but there are not too much reviews on it so any help is welcome. 

Aug 21, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #5,692 of 7,088

Do you know an in-ear for my travels that sounds as good of the grado's (budget max 400 euros ?

I have the gr8e in mind but there are not too much reviews on it so any help is welcome. 

To sound as good doesn't mean much. Are you looking for a generally similar tonality? 

There are a few, including Grado's own IEMs, if you want a Grado signature. If you can test, Fiio EX1, Senn ie800, Echobox Finder X1 are worthy of a listen before deciding. But ie800 for one goes a bit above your budget. 

Aug 21, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #5,693 of 7,088

To sound as good doesn't mean much. Are you looking for a generally similar tonality? 

There are a few, including Grado's own IEMs, if you want a Grado signature. If you can test, Fiio EX1, Senn ie800, Echobox Finder X1 are worthy of a listen before deciding. But ie800 for one goes a bit above your budget. 

Yes the ie800 is above my budget.....

Yes i look for similarity sound of the grado maybe a touch more warmth.

I have found a shop in Brussels where they sell some grado's GR8e (300 euro) i gonna see.

I have also seen on amazon fr the fiio Ex1 for 77 (euro) but i have read some comments that they are not so comfortable to wair.

At last i have listen today with my old phonac pfe012 and they still sounding not bad at all but are lacking a bit of power and air so maybe an external (E12a) could improve those things like i said it's more for my travels outside that i need the in-ears.

Aug 21, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #5,694 of 7,088
I also confirm that if you want to realy benefit of the quality from the X5II the quality of the source must be good and makes listening very very high for me crappy mp3 are a waste in this player. 

Aug 21, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #5,696 of 7,088
Have you tried any of DUNU earphones?   Wide variety of prices and signatures.  Really like my DN-2000J and comes with a variety of tips to enhance comfort and tune the sound.

Aug 21, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #5,698 of 7,088
Aug 21, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #5,699 of 7,088
  Next week I'll try x5ii with ex1

That's a great idea! I hope you will find them fun! 

They sound warm and musical, most people fall in love with them easily. 

Have you tried any of DUNU earphones?   Wide variety of prices and signatures.  Really like my DN-2000J and comes with a variety of tips to enhance comfort and tune the sound.

I completely forgot about DUNU IEMs, they are very very good. It's just hard to find them to test them, not a single pair in entire Romania 
frown.gif

But DUNU should totally be on everyone's list if they can test it! 

I will try next week the grado's GR8e (300 euro) i gonna see...

I'm also looking forward for more impressions about those, was interested in getting a pair myself, but never got around it 
biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #5,700 of 7,088

I'm also looking forward for more impressions about those, was interested in getting a pair myself, but never got around it 
biggrin.gif

I will try them in the week i keep you up to date 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back