FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Aug 14, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #5,626 of 7,088
  Apparently my experiment took just under 10 hours to complete.  I did not see exactly when it quit but I got to it within about a half hour so it lasted about 9.5 hours.  Not exactly what it should be but maybe I might get lucky and have it do better the more I use it.  Not really sure about that though as I never really see batteries INCREASE their capacity over time.  So I might have to go the route to swap out for a newer battery.  Don't know.

X5ii has about 10 hours or so of battery life 
biggrin.gif
 On headphone out and on medium to high volume settings with lossless or mp3. 

on line out, you can get 20 hours and on coaux you can get up to 30 hours as far as I know. Haven't tested caux until battery depletion yet to confirm, but it's really good. 

I love how it can actually get those 10 hours. I used to own other DAPs in the past, they said 30 hours. But those were on half volume, 128kbps mp3, when I listened to almost max volume with FLAC on those, I would get under 8 hours, while X5ii actually brings me the battery I need every day! 

and x5ii also charges really fast . 

Aug 15, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #5,627 of 7,088

X5ii has about 10 hours or so of battery life 
biggrin.gif
 On headphone out and on medium to high volume settings with lossless or mp3. 

on line out, you can get 20 hours and on coaux you can get up to 30 hours as far as I know. Haven't tested caux until battery depletion yet to confirm, but it's really good. 

I love how it can actually get those 10 hours. I used to own other DAPs in the past, they said 30 hours. But those were on half volume, 128kbps mp3, when I listened to almost max volume with FLAC on those, I would get under 8 hours, while X5ii actually brings me the battery I need every day! 

and x5ii also charges really fast . 

You are all lucky i ordered one and i must wait until wednesday to have it grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 

Aug 16, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #5,629 of 7,088
  Hello I have some songs in dts 5.1, the x5ii not read them, how should I convert them to get them to read from x5?

I'd say you would have to if its not a supported format.  I'm not sure if foobar200, dbpoweramp, music bee, or any of the other programs could convert that file type.  I'm not familiar with dts 5.1. 

Aug 16, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #5,630 of 7,088

I'm still not sure what you're after but while a song is paused (or playing) you can view the other tracks with the upper right button and click play on any of them.
Also, while a song is on pause you can click the back button to restart it instead of normally resuming with the pause/start button.

Hi Koukol,
Thanks for your help. I must not be explaining what I perceive as a problem correctly. I do not want my X5ii to start playing tracks automatically. If I stop a song and then forward to another song, the second song begins playing immediately, even though I paused the first song. I would like the X5ii to allow me to stop a song and forward (or reverse) to another song without the second song playing automatically. The function used to be called cueing in my college radio DJ days.
Thanks,
Heath

Aug 16, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #5,632 of 7,088
I must say that fiio is a great brand, x5ii plays a marvel with headphones grado can in my opinion thanks to dac brown burr that has a warm and detailed sound.
No one knows what format transform dts files to be read by x5ii?

Aug 16, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #5,634 of 7,088

I'm still not sure what you're after but while a song is paused (or playing) you can view the other tracks with the upper right button and click play on any of them.
Also, while a song is on pause you can click the back button to restart it instead of normally resuming with the pause/start button.

Hi Koukol,
Thanks for your help. I must not be explaining what I perceive as a problem correctly. I do not want my X5ii to start playing tracks automatically. If I stop a song and then forward to another song, the second song begins playing immediately, even though I paused the first song. I would like the X5ii to allow me to stop a song and forward (or reverse) to another song without the second song playing automatically. The function used to be called cueing in my college radio DJ days.
Thanks,
Heath

OK

As I said you can cue up any song on the player while another is playing or paused (stopped)
However the cued song won't play until you click play.

If you're asking if there's a way to get the new "cued" song to automatically play after the original one (playing or on pause) is finished... then the answer is no.
You gotta make a special collection folder ahead of time.

Aug 16, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #5,635 of 7,088

OK

As I said you can cue up any song on the player while another is playing or paused (stopped)

If you're asking if there's a way to get the new "cued" song to automatically play after the original one (playing or on pause) is finished... then the answer is no.

Thanks, Koukol. My X5ii is malfunctioning, if this is the case: 
"As I said you can cue up any song on the player while another is playing or paused (stopped)
However the cued song won't play until you click play."
Thanks,
Heath

Aug 16, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #5,636 of 7,088

OK

Thanks, Koukol. My X5ii is malfunctioning, if this is the case: 
"As I said you can cue up any song on the player while another is playing or paused (stopped)
However the cued song won't play until you click play."
Thanks,
Heath

If I were to DJ, with this player, I would add a little silence to the end of each song (with Audacity) and put them in a folder marked "weddings" or whatever.
Then as one song plays you could line up the next for when the current song finishes.
This way you don't have to worry about your timing.
You can also make sure each song matches in volume.

Aug 16, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #5,637 of 7,088
Hello there- A couple questions about the OTG function on the X5ii: Is it worth it to use a USB flash drive? Will I be able to format the drive with the X5ii? Most importantly: will the files I have on a USB drive be included in the library if I run a manual update or will they only be visible/ playable from folder view? If anybody can chime in with their OTG experience/ opinion I would appreciate it.
Also, I finally got around to using the analog line out recently & it sounded much better than I expected. I think the DAC in the X5ii must be better than my receiver's. Bass was very well defined & the image/ soundstage was different than streaming WAVs. maybe the X5ii should replace my laptop.

Aug 17, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #5,640 of 7,088
Hi friends
Just got a X5 2nd Gen and I'm unable to connect it to my Chord Mojo using either Fiio L16,L17 or L21 cables can any one pl suggest what I'm doing wrong.
Regards

Ask this in the Mojo thread. Or search in the thread for keywords such as "dyson cable" to get some visuals on how the X5II and X7 use a different pin-out on the coax/line-out and thus the L17 or L21 you could use on a first gen X5 is not suitable for X5II

Users who are viewing this thread

Back