FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Feb 4, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #4,831 of 7,088
Hey guys, anyone found a solution for artists name "The [blank]" appearing under T section?

I thought setting sorting info on iTunes to be "Beatles" but actual artist name to "The Beatles" would fix that but I'm pretty positive all my artists are set like this and my Fiio still sorts all of them under T.

Thanks guys,

Change the tags for Artist to "Beatles" or "Beatles, The."  How iTunes sorts has no bearing on the Fiio.

Feb 4, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #4,833 of 7,088
Hey guys, anyone found a solution for artists name "The [blank]" appearing under T section?

I thought setting sorting info on iTunes to be "Beatles" but actual artist name to "The Beatles" would fix that but I'm pretty positive all my artists are set like this and my Fiio still sorts all of them under T.

Thanks guys,

Change the tags for Artist to "Beatles" or "Beatles, The."  How iTunes sorts has no bearing on the Fiio.

Oh too bad, I thought that would be part of the m3u tags. Thanks!

Feb 7, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #4,839 of 7,088
  I've got some ideas for the X5 - functionality, features and whatnot.

Could someone point me in the right direction where I could message the X5's firmware guys?

You can send a message to Fiio support, you fiind the mail address on Fiio site. 

What ideas do you have?
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #4,841 of 7,088

Mostly stuff regarding what other useful info could be displayed in the various views on the display, mostly.

Btw, is there a quick way to get to the 'Now Playing' screen from wherever you are in the menus?

long press on back once to get to main menu, then short press back to get to now playing is the shortest path that I know of. 

You can write them a message, and see if they can help you. Or at least, they could consider it for X5 3 generation. Isn't it about time for third generation already?
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #4,843 of 7,088
Out of curiosity.. Is there any chance of getting the battery indicator to read a percentage than a battery symbol?

+1!

Also, I think someone mentioned a larger font on the while-playing screen? That would be awesome. I like the refined look as it is now, but the X5ii has become my daily runner, and it would help to have larger text for easier at-a-glance reading.

Or I could sack up and get bifocals like I'm supposed to...

Feb 8, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #4,844 of 7,088
Out of curiosity.. Is there any chance of getting the battery indicator to read a percentage than a battery symbol?

I think I could do that, but it would be 100%-75%-50%-25%-0%. You cannot read the actual % reading of the battery because it does not output it to the UI. Though some people cracked the sys.bin, and they might. 

Feb 8, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #4,845 of 7,088
I think I could do that, but it would be 100%-75%-50%-25%-0%. You cannot read the actual % reading of the battery because it does not output it to the UI. Though some people cracked the sys.bin, and they might. 

That would be helpful. Just got spoiled with the iBasso DX80. It had the battery percentage. I wound up retuning the DX80. It was everything I could ask for from a DAP. I didn't really have a true reason to return it either, it was fantastic honestly. At the end of the day, I just wished for a more visceral bass quantity. I understand that the point of these players is clarity, but sometimes you just want the bass to over power the rest of the music and enjoy some deep powerful bass, not just hear the tight controlled bass we're all accustomed to. On smartphones we get that raw bass, but lack the power to drive the headphones, so we wind up using an external amp.. Therefore you have to stack.. I just want to use a single device to carry around while at work or in my car to enjoy. Yes, primarily I love my clarity! But sometimes I just want to let loose and have some energetic listening from time to time. The DX80 could muster a very thick sound while still upholding the Mids and highs end of the bargain.. Due to that, the sub bass frequencies suffered. Especially in the 40 and below. When I first had the X5ii a couple of months ago, I guess I should've stuck with it, I was most happy with it, sadly, I returned it thinking the X3ii would be suitable for my use. I was wrong, it is a very good player, but (my opinion), there is a reason the X5ii is more expensive than the X3ii, it really does sound more effortless in playing all forms of music. And please I don't anyone to over exaggerate what I'm saying.. I'm strictly talking about MY usage, wants and needs. For probably 99% of the population the X3ii and DX80 are more than suitable. I personally have an itch and at the moment, my back scratcher is the X5ii.. Lol..
I just think I may be getting to the point where I realize I am not ready for a monogamous relationship with ANY DAP.. Lol.. I may just have to keep the X5ii, and rebuy the DX80 for when I want the touchscreen needs or ergonomics of it. Although, I will say, the Left handed volume and power buttons on the X5ii are perfectly placed. Like I said, I am coming to the realization that I need both DAPs.. Well.. That's why it's good that these companies make these different devices, if it doesn't please one, it'll please another.. And well.. to take a line from the song, (It takes two to make a thing go right.) lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back