FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Jul 7, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #2,356 of 7,088
  I think  Noodles5666 is jerking you all around. I seen something like this in the  X3 forum for SD cards and they would not give no details about how it worked. The only thing I've got to work is a OTG cable with a flash drive. Will be getting a 256 flash drive Friday. Hope it works.

No great mystery to how they work. You plug on end into the microsd slot. Put a full size sd card in the other.

Haven't tried one yet myself, but I've read in the other threads they work just fine. Standard disclaimers: use a quality card, that's about all

Jul 7, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #2,357 of 7,088
  No great mystery to how they work. You plug on end into the microsd slot. Put a full size sd card in the other.

Haven't tried one yet myself, but I've read in the other threads they work just fine. Standard disclaimers: use a quality card, that's about all

I Know how they work. I will stick to getting the OTG to work better. I already Have  three 128 micro sd cards and two of them stay in the player.

Jul 7, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #2,358 of 7,088
Hardware, I believe. The processing power to play those files is quite steep, and to alter them in real-time is perhaps asking too much for such a small device.
I know I am. I go so far as to pay for Prime, because I shop so much from them. Once you get used to 2-day free shipping, it's hard to go back.
biggrin.gif

Or free 1-day shipping for prime members who live in or close to a major metropolis.

Jul 7, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #2,359 of 7,088

As far as the silicone cases we received with our X5 II, FiiO says they're discontinuing including those due to complaints about them acting as dust magnets as well as emitting an odor.  I've always liked those cases myself.  FiiO claimed some were scented with jasmine.  I never noticed any aroma from them, but I also don't spend an inordinate amount of time smelling my audio equipment.

I'm happily using the silicon case, I don't notice any odor about it either.

Jul 7, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #2,360 of 7,088
  Does the X5 II have this issue too? Or is this only with the X3 II?

I use one directory per letter of the alphabet for artists, and below each artist directory I arrange albums with the year prepended to the album title. My first attempt at building the library (with 30,000+ tracks) failed miserably, while the second attempt worked just fine with no changes.

Jul 7, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #2,361 of 7,088
Big thanks to Joe B @Fiio for putting my X5ii review on the front of their Facebook page :)

Jul 7, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #2,362 of 7,088
Just in case you are wondering the FIIO X5 2n gen can read a 512gb sd card. I know because I plugged one in but it had to be formatted to NTFS to see the full amount of ram

I would upload a pic but i m still too new to add one.

I m now going t load the chip with my 280 gb music library to see how it handles it.

BigJohn

Jul 7, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #2,364 of 7,088

What occurred when it "failed miserably" and what did your screen show?

I posted about it a while back, but, my first attempt at updating the library resulted in a blue screen with what looked like register data (I didn't note anything about it, unfortunately). After that, I couldn't really do anything with the player, couldn't update the library (tried with new 128GB cards full and empty, a 32GB card with files and empty, as well as no card at all), I couldn't browse files, or anything. Here's the error I got when I tried to rebuild the library with no storage installed,

I'm curious what it says if anyone can translate it.  I believe that it displayed this same error when I tried to access the library, access files, re-build the library, etc.  I did a reset, and then everything came back and I was able to rebuild the library without error.  As it happens, I don't use the library, so I haven't tried to update it again.

Jul 7, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #2,365 of 7,088
Has it been confirmed that the X5II will fit inside of the SK-X1 Sports Armband?

http://www.fiio.net/en/products/35#SK-X1

I'd like to like up an armband case for the X5II as I listen to my DAP virtually all day at work.

Jul 7, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #2,366 of 7,088

I posted about it a while back, but, my first attempt at updating the library resulted in a blue screen with what looked like register data (I didn't note anything about it, unfortunately). After that, I couldn't really do anything with the player, couldn't update the library (tried with new 128GB cards full and empty, a 32GB card with files and empty, as well as no card at all), I couldn't browse files, or anything. Here's the error I got when I tried to rebuild the library with no storage installed,

I'm curious what it says if anyone can translate it.  I believe that it displayed this same error when I tried to access the library, access files, re-build the library, etc.  I did a reset, and then everything came back and I was able to rebuild the library without error.  As it happens, I don't use the library, so I haven't tried to update it again.

"Database damaged."
"Please press confirm to erase data and rebuild database."

Jul 7, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #2,368 of 7,088
Or free 1-day shipping for prime members who live in or close to a major metropolis.

You person! That must be nice. I have paid for 1-day shipping once or twice. It's not bad, with Prime. But free would be awesome.

Jul 7, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #2,369 of 7,088
I think  Noodles5666 is jerking you all around. I seen something like this in the  X3 forum for SD cards and they would not give no details about how it worked. The only thing I've got to work is a OTG cable with a flash drive. Will be getting a 256 flash drive Friday. Hope it works.

What are you talking about? You plug it in the microSD slot and it just works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back