FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Jun 22, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #1,771 of 7,088
  yeah tough break on that, im sorry that yours didnt work out well upon delivery. doesnt micca like screw you over returns too? its like 15% restocking fee or some crap. i totally agree about the display though, its sooo crisp and clear. and having more data on the screen is nice too. they needed to do something with the display on the X3II it was soo dark and the contrast was total crap. i mean, i know its not a nintendo DS or anything, but it was impossible to see out in the sun. and i hated having to squint so badly to read it. and if you got dust on it, forget about it.

They should not charge for defective replacements, only returns for refunds.
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jun 22, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #1,773 of 7,088
  They should not charge for defective replacements, only returns for refunds.
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

well thats good news then :) im listening to the X5II through my HD600's and its awesome on hi-gain so far. i'm giving a perfect circle's "thirteenth step" a go atm. next up on the list:

a camp - colonia
opeth - damnation
camel - rajaz
ELP - brain salad surgery
freddie mercury & montserrat caballe - barcelona
big wreck - ghosts

Jun 22, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #1,774 of 7,088
B&H Photo now has the X5II in stock, http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1160476-REG/fiio_x5_ii_x5_portable_hi_res_music.html.

My pre-order should ship tonight or tomorrow.

Looking forward to experiencing the X5ii and stop using my PoS iPhone 6 Plus.

Jun 22, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #1,776 of 7,088
Do the Lockscreen animations show the X5ii yet? In the beta FW the tour units shipped with, those animations were nabbed directly from the X5 Classic :blink:

What Lockscreen animations? I've only ever seen static images in the Lockscreen settings showing what the active buttons are for each selection.

Jun 22, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #1,778 of 7,088
What Lockscreen animations? I've only ever seen static images in the Lockscreen settings showing what the active buttons are for each selection.

That's what I meant x RELIC x. I only called them "animations" because the image changes as you scroll through the choices. The X5ii beta FW had .png files from the X5 Classic FW. Just wondering if that's been fixed, as I'd PMed Joe about it...

Jun 22, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #1,782 of 7,088
Hanging out for the x5 gen 2 to be released in Nz as it will be my first dap - replacing my ipod.
A store here has the OG X3 for $279 and the gen 2 X3 for $299.
Are the prices overseas about the same or do you think the X5 will cost more than the OG X5 - currently $459.

Thanks

Jun 22, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #1,783 of 7,088
Hanging out for the x5 gen 2 to be released in Nz as it will be my first dap - replacing my ipod.
A store here has the OG X3 for $279 and the gen 2 X3 for $299.
Are the prices overseas about the same or do you think the X5 will cost more than the OG X5 - currently $459.

Thanks

Totally OT, but are you another Nikolaus?

I used to go by Nik but have switched to my full name when I went out into the work world.

Jun 22, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #1,785 of 7,088
Sorta.
Im Nicholas but prefer Nik.

Huh, never met a Nicholas who just used a k instead of ch or ck. Well, good on you for breaking conventions :wink_face:

Having an unusual name (Nikolaus Matheis) leads to weird misinterpretations like today's DHL Delivery tagging me as "NICK MATHIEUS" or getting registered as "MICKOLAUS MATHERS" for a term at university.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back