FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Nov 30, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #4,306 of 7,088
  Ah, so I need another app to make it work?

I only tried connect it directly by using my htc820 -> otg adapter -> usb to micro usb cable -> fiio x5II. Fiio x5ii would charge and my htc 820 would detect it, but when I tried to play a video with mxplayer, the audio came out on my smartphone's speakers. 

If there are certain apps needed for this, I am sorry, I did not know, and I am curious to learn
redface.gif

Sorry I'm not an Adroid guy so not sure if there is a setting you need to enable 1st.  You could try an app like this (free trial) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro  to see if that works and then maybe try your existing player once that's installed to see if it made necessary changes?

Nov 30, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #4,307 of 7,088
Make sure you have usb debugging enabled, that might be causing a problem. UAPP should defiantly work.

Nov 30, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #4,308 of 7,088
Was referred here from another thread. Just going to post what I wrote there.

I just bought one of these: Fiio x5ii

Few questions:

Is MusicBee okay to manage my music?

Does it support multi-genre? (ex. Rock; Alternative; Pop)

Should the artwork be embedded or inside folder?

What's the max-size artwork should be?

How do plays and ratings work? Are plays/ratings from my computer carried over to the device and vise versa?

Thanks

Nov 30, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #4,309 of 7,088
Was referred here from another thread. Just going to post what I wrote there.

I just bought one of these: Fiio x5ii

Few questions:

[COLOR=444444]Is MusicBee okay to manage my music?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=444444]Does it support multi-genre? (ex. Rock; Alternative; Pop)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=444444]Should the artwork be embedded or inside folder?

What's the max-size artwork should be?

How do plays and ratings work? Are plays/ratings from my computer carried over to the device and vise versa?

Thanks[/COLOR]

In addition to what I replied in the other thread the X5ii doesn't have plays/ratings.

As far as max artwork resolution FiiO recommends no more than 1024x1024 but as I mentioned it starts to bog down the system and interactivity suffers with larger artwork.

A side note, you should format your card with the X5ii through the System Settings Format option before you load up your music files.

Nov 30, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #4,310 of 7,088
In addition to what I replied in the other thread the X5ii doesn't have plays/ratings.

As far as max artwork resolution FiiO recommends no more than 1024x1024 but as I mentioned it starts to bog down the system and interactivity suffers with larger artwork.

A side note, you should format your card with the X5ii through the System Settings Format option before you load up your music files.

Oh that's disappointing to hear! (About the plays/ratings) :frowning2:

What do you mean formatting the card? I bought two 128GB cards. Do you mean put them in the device and format them through that?

Thanks

Nov 30, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #4,311 of 7,088
Oh that's disappointing to hear! (About the plays/ratings) :frowning2:

What do you mean formatting the card? I bought two 128GB cards. Do you mean put them in the device and format them through that?

Thanks

Yes. Navigate on the X5ii to System Settings -> Format -> then choose your card. Of course this will erase all the data that exists on the card so make sure you can re-load from your computer if you've already populated them.

The FiiO DAPs support ExFAT formatted cards but if you want to update the firmware you need to use a FAT32 formatted card. There have been quite a few playback issues from not using properly formatted cards (different default allocation unit size). The most stable, easiest and efficient way to use the card in the FiiO DAPs is to format the card to FAT32 with the format tool in the X5ii.

Nov 30, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #4,312 of 7,088
Yes. Navigate on the X5ii to System Settings -> Format -> then choose your card. Of course this will erase all the data that exists on the card so make sure you can re-load from your computer if you've already populated them.

The FiiO DAPs support ExFAT formatted cards but if you want to update the firmware you need to use a FAT32 formatted card. There have been quite a few playback issues from not using properly formatted cards (different default allocation unit size). The most stable, easiest and efficient way to use the card in the FiiO DAPs is to format the card to FAT32 with the format tool in the X5ii.

Okay, got it.

What about album art? Embedded or external? If external, what should it be named?

Can you tell me more about the genre system? Should I just use one genre per album?

Thanks

Nov 30, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #4,313 of 7,088
Okay, got it.

What about album art? Embedded or external? If external, what should it be named?

Can you tell me more about the genre system? Should I just use one genre per album?

Thanks

You can name the album art cover.jpg.... Actually just try any name and see if it works. Embedded works also.

Sorry, I only browse by folder and play full albums so I'm not much help with the genre category. There have been many user reports of messed up genre sorting though.

Dec 1, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #4,315 of 7,088
What about vinyl tracks? A1, A2, etc. does Fiio understand those?

I believe I've reached the end of my usefulness for your tagging questions. LOL. Like I said I pretty much only browse by folder and play full albums.

I do know that the FiiO X1/X3/X5 are pretty basic when it comes to reading tags. It pretty much reads Tracks, Album, Artist, and genre tags. This isn't an Android or IOS device so tag recognition and user interactivity are fairly limited. What you do get for the price is very clear, well defined music reproduction.

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #4,317 of 7,088
I believe I've reached the end of my usefulness for your tagging questions. LOL. Like I said I pretty much only browse by folder and play full albums.

I do know that the FiiO X1/X3/X5 are pretty basic when it comes to reading tags. It pretty much reads Tracks, Album, Artist, and genre tags. This isn't an Android or IOS device so tag recognition and user interactivity are fairly limited. What you do get for the price is very clear, well defined music reproduction.
You've been more than helpful, thank you!

Quote:
Where to request new features to Fiio? I would like my X5ii display the file bit rate and file type at all times.

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L01 using Tapatalk

I think I saw that the final firmware was released.

Dec 1, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #4,319 of 7,088
Dec 1, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #4,320 of 7,088
Where to request new features to Fiio? I would like my X5ii display the file bit rate and file type at all times.

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L01 using Tapatalk
Yes it is annoying that the bit rate only shows for a short while, especially if the font colour clashes with the album art.

Bit rate is not the same as bit depth. The FiiO X5ii does not display bit rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back