FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Jun 27, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #2,042 of 7,088
Does anyone know if the X5II uses the same dual-core 600MHz CPU as the OG X5? 

I've read the specs on my X5 in the past and noticed it says it uses a dual-core 600MHz CPU. The FiiO website states that the new X5II uses the Ingenic JZ4760B and when I look that up on the Ingenic site it shows that CPU as being an XBurst single-core CPU, up to 600MHz. Have I simply misinterpreted something? (wouldn't be the first time) 

My X5II arrived today and thus far I'm enjoying it! I need to get up to speed on adding new themes to my X5II and the X5 that I gave to my wife as she doesn't like the X5 theme...I never gave it much thought. Is it as simple as updating the FW? 

Thanks!  

Sorry about asking multiple questions. 

Jun 27, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #2,044 of 7,088
can someone test the DAC mode with the new X5II with a movie to see if their is any voice sync delay? with my dx90 I have a slight voice to video sync delay that from reading is common. thanks

iBasso cobbled together some pretty crappy drivers verrrry slooowly :rolleyes:

My favorite part of iBasso's DAC driver creation process was how long it took to implement Mac (and Linux) support. When it finally rolled out, no driver was required :confused:

Jun 27, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #2,047 of 7,088
The new Meenova doesn't work with X5 or X3ii. Didn't even try it with X5ii
rolleyes.gif

Nuts!  Oh well, I thought it might work...
frown.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jun 27, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #2,048 of 7,088
Does anyone know if the X5II uses the same [COLOR=333333]dual-core 600MHz CPU as the OG X5? [/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]I've read the specs on my X5 in the past and noticed it says it uses a dual-core 600MHz CPU. The FiiO website states that the new X5II uses the Ingenic JZ4760B and when I look that up on the Ingenic site it shows that CPU as being an XBurst single-core CPU, up to 600MHz. Have I simply misinterpreted something? (wouldn't be the first time) [/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]My X5II arrived today and thus far I'm enjoying it! I need to get up to speed on adding new themes to my X5II and the X5 that I gave to my wife as she doesn't like the X5 theme...I never gave it much thought. Is it as simple as updating the FW? [/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]Thanks!  [/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]Sorry about asking multiple questions. [/COLOR]

Yes, just load the themed FW and update as usual. If you don't like it change again. Do it as little or as much as you like, no harm.

Jun 27, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #2,049 of 7,088

Here it is, the pairing of my X5ii and new JH Audio Angie CIEMs. So far it sounds delicious: soundstage, bass, mid, treble all detailed. I'm listening to it flat for now, but I do wish the treble was a bit more pronounced.

I did spend the past few days listening to the X5ii as the source in my car and I found vocals much more lifelike than the X3 (1st gen).

So far no issues to report. I have two 128gb SanDisk cards that formatted the first time in the Fiio. I updated my X5 using Dapper and the media library updated flawlessly on the first attempt in about 90 seconds.

Jun 27, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #2,050 of 7,088
..........[snip]

One other thing, have you noticed while in digital transport mode, the player does not switch to the next folder?  The play next folder feature works in normal mode with headphones, but isn't working for me when I use the coax (not sure about line out mode either).:confused_face_2:
Cheers and Thanks!:beerchug:
-HK sends

This prompted me to test and guess what, the coaxial adapter that I got in the review unit does not work. Yes, of course I switched it to coax out in the settings, and no it just simply doesn't output a signal. I immediately tested my X5 gen1 with its adaptor and it's fine. Then I took the adapter from the X5 gen1 and ever so gently slid it in to the jack until I got a signal (about half way). It worked this way but obviously very loose and touchy. Damn, I don't know what to think of this.

Not sure if it's the male or female end (or the jack itself) but I did test four different coaxial cables. Do you guys who own one have any issue with coaxial out with the included adaptor? Line Out works just fine. :mad:

Back to your initial question, I was using the Play Through Folders function when I had the sketchy connection working with the gen1 adaptor. Not sure why yours doesn't work with coaxial out. Are you browsing by folder?

Jun 27, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #2,052 of 7,088
*SNIP*

Back to your initial question, I was using the Play Through Folders function when I had the sketchy connection working with the gen1 adaptor. Not sure why yours doesn't work with coaxial out. Are you browsing by folder?

I thought I was but I was half asleep when it happened.  I'll try again (it's probably "operator r squared...ops check okay").  Thanks for checking!
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jun 27, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #2,053 of 7,088

To be fair, I thought you were saying the 50 was better than the 90 as well.  Soooo...clarity wasn't exactly on point.

For those who didn't understand I've gone back and corrected the post. Hopefully this clears any further confusion, for some.

Jun 27, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #2,054 of 7,088

Here it is, the pairing of my X5ii and new JH Audio Angie CIEMs. So far it sounds delicious: soundstage, bass, mid, treble all detailed. I'm listening to it flat for now, but I do wish the treble was a bit more pronounced.

I did spend the past few days listening to the X5ii as the source in my car and I found vocals much more lifelike than the X3 (1st gen).

So far no issues to report. I have two 128gb SanDisk cards that formatted the first time in the Fiio. I updated my X5 using Dapper and the media library updated flawlessly on the first attempt in about 90 seconds.

Classic Rush :L3000:

Jun 27, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #2,055 of 7,088
Hello guys, I tried my new X5ii as a transport for my Mini M8 using the coaxial cable I use with my DX90 and It didn't work :frowning2:, (of course I set the multifunction jack as coaxial out).
Do you know if the jack of the cable have to be special for the Fiio X5ii?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back