FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Jun 23, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #1,861 of 7,088
From their website in the specifications:

Power and Battery:

Power - DC5V 2A recommended
Battery Capacity - 3300 mAh
Charge Display - Red light indicates , green light turns on after fully charged
Battery Life - >10 h (32Ω; normal volume with display off )
Battery Display - Yes (Accurate battery % readings)
Charging Time - <4h (DC5V 2A)

Would be nice, but not a deal breaker IMO.

Craig - thanks for that.  I didn't actually read it as showing an actual % - but rather that they got the readings more correct.  % (like iPhone) would be great - but the new meter definitely seems to be way more accurate - even if its just "old style" graphically.

Jun 24, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #1,863 of 7,088
Hey Nik. I was just looking at the website I think you are talking about today [E.S.?] and they have the x5 ii for nz$549. With shipping and exchange rate [either our dollar is weak or the US is strong] it would cost more to get it from Amazon for $360. As it stands they are about the same price. A shame it's bumped up $100 over the original x5 on the S.E's site, but I kinda expected it. [I'm just catching up on the last 10 pages so you may already know this but I couldnt wait to read ahead and see].

Jun 24, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #1,864 of 7,088
With MP3tag, the first box in the screen shot where is says Spellcaster is where you can modify and add the 1. Slayer/Reign in Blood/1986.flac or whatever order you like.  Also, just about any media player that allows you to rip a CD to digital will automatically put your tracks in order and keep them together with the album.  You would then use MP3tag to add other data like album art or how you want the music to appear on your player.

We metal heads are sooo organized!!!

\m/ \m/

Jun 24, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #1,866 of 7,088
Craig - thanks for that.  I didn't actually read it as showing an actual % - but rather that they got the readings more correct.  % (like iPhone) would be great - but the new meter definitely seems to be way more accurate - even if its just "old style" graphically.

Looking back I believe I've fallen victim to the language barrier.

Edit: Though I can't see how much more accurate the battery readout can be given that both the X5 and the X5 II only use 5 battery icons to represent the full range of battery level.

Jun 24, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #1,867 of 7,088
With MP3tag, the first box in the screen shot where is says Spellcaster is where you can modify and add the 1. Slayer/Reign in Blood/1986.flac or whatever order you like.  Also, just about any media player that allows you to rip a CD to digital will automatically put your tracks in order and keep them together with the album.  You would then use MP3tag to add other data like album art or how you want the music to appear on your player.

Yes I've previously used mp3tag thanks to amend all track names to include track number. By using the Filename to Track name arrow, on collection of 23000 tracks in one go (many already had track no but this ensured all had).

What I'm attempting to do is amend all Album Names to have Year inserted before them, with a likewise automatic command or macro.

Jun 24, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #1,868 of 7,088
Yes I've previously used mp3tag thanks to amend all track names to include track number. By using the Filename to Track name arrow, on collection of 23000 tracks in one go (many already had track no but this ensured all had).

What I'm attempting to do is amend all Album Names to have Year inserted before them, with a likewise automatic command or macro.

Should work for you, as I've renamed files this way with MP3Tag with a previous Windows laptop.

Jun 24, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #1,869 of 7,088
Should work for you, as I've renamed files this way with MP3Tag with a previous Windows laptop.

Cheers, MP3tag so powerful, easier than I thought!

Just needed to create an Action, tell it to format Album field, then use     (%year%)  %album%
Worked in a test for 2 albums, now for the other 1000 odd!

Jun 24, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #1,871 of 7,088
I've added two 128g sandisk to my x5ii and it took 4 attempts for the device to format the card.

Also, formatting on my mac in fat32, made the card act weird on the device and not hold the data.

It seems to copy but was not there
confused.gif

Also when the device formatted the card, the mac showed it as unformatted, with no partition sceme, but the x5ii read it fine.

All a little weird but am now copying my music onto both cards fine.

Jun 24, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #1,872 of 7,088
  I've added two 128g sandisk to my x5ii and it took 4 attempts for the device to format the card.

Also, formatting on my mac in fat32, made the card act weird on the device and not hold the data.

It seems to copy but was not there
confused.gif

Also when the device formatted the card, the mac showed it as unformatted, with no partition sceme, but the x5ii read it fine.

All a little weird but am now copying my music onto both cards fine.

If the problem looks like this, it might because of defective microsd cards. 

How much did you pay for them? 

Also, I can get an X5II after loosing 120$... It seems like this is the best deal I can get for now (considering selling my X5). I think that I will go to test the new X5II next week in avstore, to see with my own eyes how much is the new version worth this transition. 

Jun 24, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #1,873 of 7,088
In general I'd say the screen is by default one or two notches brighter then the X5. Contrast is certainly higher and it seems sharper. I'm going to see when I set the camera to manual exposure and custom white balance what the differences are. I have some very high end image manipulation tools to tell me exactly what the pixel colour differences are so ill know more when I run it through.

These were taken with the iPhone 5s.

Doesn't the X5ii use the same screen as the X5?
If so, there is hope that we X5 owners will have access to a better display through a FW update.

Jun 24, 2015 at 6:05 AM Post #1,874 of 7,088
  If the problem looks like this, it might because of defective microsd cards. 

How much did you pay for them? 

Also, I can get an X5II after loosing 120$... It seems like this is the best deal I can get for now (considering selling my X5). I think that I will go to test the new X5II next week in avstore, to see with my own eyes how much is the new version worth this transition. 

Cards are fine, from Amazon UK themselves via Flubit in sealed sandisk packaging.

X5ii also keeps unmounting too, both cards doing it so I am believing it is device related.

When I did a format on the device it did it very quickly and in fact it had not done it at all. The original data was in tact, even though it said it had successfully formatted.

Jun 24, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #1,875 of 7,088
just to check, anyone running x5ii with an amp (ie the e12a?)  not sure if there's a real need, but seems line out is fixed, and so cant get the amp pot past about 8-9am.  not noticed as much a difference in sound using the amp as i did when using with dx90 (which is a good thing), but saw earlier mention of x5+e12.    

some things i love are the instant on, and simply auto-pausing when removing line out (saves running down the battery if i forget to pause when leaving the car and throwing it in my pocket), full screen album art also good 
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back