FiiO X3MKIII || Dual TI PCM5242 || Dual-mode Bluetooth 4.1 || Dual headphone outputs || Balanced Out || 192kHz/32bit
Aug 19, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #197 of 613
How's the UI? It looks pretty smooth in your video. Does the gapless playback work? Any pops or other strange noises you may have heard?

Thanks
the UI is surprisingly smooth i had no hiccups or anything like that it is pretty stable ..the wheel was my main concern and it was quite good...No pops or strange noises that i have heard

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #199 of 613
the UI is surprisingly smooth i had no hiccups or anything like that it is pretty stable ..the wheel was my main concern and it was quite good...No pops or strange noises that i have heard
Thanks for the video review. We really appreciate the first look. On another note , i have to ask everyone one question. It seemed as you scrolled through the play settings, there was no replay gain setting in sight. Why is it that on every player Fiio has released that replay gain is never in the initial firmware. Is this really that hard to implement? You would think that with all of the players and firmware versions they have released over the years, that brand new "high end" player would have replay gain in the initial firmware. I am not a programmer, but since it has been requested and then added on all of their other players that they could have in there out of the gate at this point. Is it maybe more difficult to implement that I imagine?

Aug 20, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #201 of 613
Hopefully I'll have my Mk 3 tomorrow and I can do a comparison with the Mk 2.

Aug 21, 2017 at 2:34 AM Post #203 of 613
Thanks for the video review. We really appreciate the first look. On another note , i have to ask everyone one question. It seemed as you scrolled through the play settings, there was no replay gain setting in sight. Why is it that on every player Fiio has released that replay gain is never in the initial firmware. Is this really that hard to implement? You would think that with all of the players and firmware versions they have released over the years, that brand new "high end" player would have replay gain in the initial firmware. I am not a programmer, but since it has been requested and then added on all of their other players that they could have in there out of the gate at this point. Is it maybe more difficult to implement that I imagine?

maybe there will be day one patch :)

there was option called playback gap and it was set to none..weird language but i think it meant gapless playback :p

soo maybe we just didn't notice replay gain

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #206 of 613
Dear friend,

The replay gain would be added in later firmware update.

Best regards
Thats nice to know ..well done on the firmware and the wheel it works great so far

Aug 21, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #207 of 613
How's the UI? It looks pretty smooth in your video. Does the gapless playback work? Any pops or other strange noises you may have heard?

Thanks

On the weekend in a moment of clarity I cancelled my order for the X3II. I've got the X1II and the X3III probably isn't alot better so I'll just try to be happy for awhile with what I have. Maybe if the X3III is running smoothly they can use that firmware for the X1II.

Aug 21, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #208 of 613
On the weekend in a moment of clarity I cancelled my order for the X3II. I've got the X1II and the X3III probably isn't alot better so I'll just try to be happy for awhile with what I have. Maybe if the X3III is running smoothly they can use that firmware for the X1II.
You feeling ok Bruce?...lol

I'd love to see them do something like that. With that said, the video made it look like the UI was pretty responsive. Still waiting for more impressions though. I'd have to sell a DAP to justify s new one.

Aug 21, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #209 of 613
You feeling ok Bruce?...lol

I'd love to see them do something like that. With that said, the video made it look like the UI was pretty responsive. Still waiting for more impressions though. I'd have to sell a DAP to justify s new one.

Well we just have some other expenses right now so I can't buy one in good conscience. Maybe I'll get one eventually. I don't really have anything to sell right now so like I said I'll just have to be satisfied.

Aug 21, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #210 of 613

Users who are viewing this thread

Back