FiiO X3 Review
Nov 30, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #211 of 238
I tried to add an E17 to my cart - that doesn't work either - they are having computer issues.

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #212 of 238
  Meh,...I was going to order it and use it to play albums & shuffle all. Now, since I can't order on a whim,...I'm OUT!!! I'll wait for the X5 to hit. And just enjoy my new Note 3 when it arrives on Monday!!!

The X5 is almost double if not more the price of the X3 by MSRP by the way. 

I tried to add an E17 to my cart - that doesn't work either - they are having computer issues.

Did you try with any other store items? I only tried X3 and E17 and both didn't work

Nov 30, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #213 of 238
  The link WORKS!!! Try seeing what happens when you try to add it to your cart,...it doesn't work. I tried to order it,...

Click the "Add To Wishlist" link below it,...that works. 
blink.gif

Oh, yeah,...and I tried singed in to my acct as well.

Clear your browser cache+cookies, it should work. I got the same problem yesterday. And in the X5 thread, JamesFiio wrote that X5 will be $400.

Nov 30, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #214 of 238
  Clear your browser cache+cookies, it should work. I got the same problem yesterday. And in the X5 thread, JamesFiio wrote that X5 will be $400.

I don't need to clear my cache+cookies. I just installed a new OS on my comp last night,...but the link seems to work correctly now. 

Still,...I'll wait for the FiiO X5 to arrive on the scene. I'm miffed from being frustrated at not being able to make me purchase,...ARRGHH!!! 

I will say it's not a bad final checkout price if I hit the switch: 
Total $151.34​

Dec 1, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #215 of 238
First ever post at this site (but not a total newbie....longtime member of Audiokarma, owner of a Cowon D2, and always happy with my Koss KSC75's).  Anway, bought the Fiio X3 at the low Adorama price....but did I really buy it?  An hour after ordering it, I get an email from Adorama that it ain't in stock, but I can cancel my order if I don't feel like waiting for it.  Is this common?  Should I cancel?  Yikes, this doesn't seem cool!

Dec 1, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #216 of 238
  First ever post at this site (but not a total newbie....longtime member of Audiokarma, owner of a Cowon D2, and always happy with my Koss KSC75's).  Anway, bought the Fiio X3 at the low Adorama price....but did I really buy it?  An hour after ordering it, I get an email from Adorama that it ain't in stock, but I can cancel my order if I don't feel like waiting for it.  Is this common?  Should I cancel?  Yikes, this doesn't seem cool!

Welcome to Head-Fi! sory about your wallet

From what I'm getting, those guys are selling stuff that they don't have in stock....

Dec 1, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #217 of 238
See, Adorama is doing it now with the X3. They're not saying it's backordered until AFTER they take your payment. That's a prime reason to cancel the order. Adorama sux!!!

I'd rather pay an extra $10 and purchase the X3 from B&H Photo,...

Dec 1, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #218 of 238
  See, Adorama is doing it now with the X3. They're not saying it's backordered until AFTER they take your payment. That's a prime reason to cancel the order. Adorama sux!!!

I'd rather pay an extra $10 and purchase the X3 from B&H Photo,...

Yeah. BH seems much better if you want it faster.

This isn't exactly legally wrong but you guys can complain to FiiO about their practices if you wish. Considering they are an authorized dealer that is.
market@fiio.net

edit:
do realize that this was part of their BF promo. That link has been on the net for over a week now. They may have just sold out of stock as it was posted everywhere and may not be a major issue

Dec 15, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #220 of 238
Thanks for the detailed review.. Though not an audiophile I m definitely interested in music more than an average consumer and have been following you and some other audiophiles lately which is helping me getting in depth knowledge and in turn helping me buy good audio related products.. Bought fiio e12 montblanc lately.. Grt product rediscovering music.. Grt work keep up

Dec 31, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #222 of 238
  Hi guys.
According to the specs, X3 is capable to drive 300 ohm headphones. 
Has anyone tried it? Is it really enough for HD600 for example?

I have used my X3 to drive my HD 650's, HE 400's and DT880 600 ohm...I personally think they do a great job with all three.  The 880's I do have to push the volume up around 50 but that's not a big deal to me.  I think the x3 has a nice amp section to it.  I had contemplated getting the e12 to go along with it when I initially purchased the X3 but after using the x3 and reading that it doesn't need a separate amp I tend to agree.  If you have the HD600's I think you'll be happy with the power from the x3.

Jun 18, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #223 of 238
My experience is slightly different to yours.
X3 does provide enough loudness, but it is very far from its full potential with only X3.

What I noticed, is mainly lack of bass. 
I love X3, it gives you a very clear and detailed sound. But.simply, the built in amp is not enough for HD600.
Although. X3 and a headphone amp (like Schiit Vali what I bought) do a great job together.
Not just great, amazing.
X3 is awsome, but without additional amp it is 'just' for on the go listening with an IEM. For that it is perfect.
However for home listening (if not speakers), pairing up X3 with a good amp and HD600 will give you plenty of joy. As it already has given to me. :wink:

Jul 6, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #224 of 238
Hi there,

I have two quick questions.;

1) Seeing as the fw 3.0 seems to only allow the adding of 'Favorites' to being painstakingly limited to selecting just via the Now Playing screen, and not adding through Navigation menu (thus allowing user to add entire artists, albums in one click etc), does the X3 at least have Playlist support (m3u/m3u8 etc)? These days I tend to build a 'on the fly' playlist with my Cowon or Sansa DAP for the day before work, adding albums and artists and individual songs here or there then shuffling all those tracks, is the same possible with the X3 at least, if not organised directly on player then at least via pc? I could perhaps live with this limited Favorites feature if I could connect the X3 to pc in the morning before leaving, build a playlist in winamp or some other program, save playlist on the X3 and it works as expected (even shuffling decently) etc.

2) Is it possible to 'Shuffle All' that is the entire music collection (from both Internal and External memory)? From my gathering from peering over the manual, there is id3 tag browsing and file browsing. The id3 tag browsing seems to have only three options, Genre, Artist and Album. Where is 'Songs'? If I navigate to only one of these three options I'm faced with being to shuffle only that 'folder', I would have expected a Play All at the very root of the id3 tag menu, does this option exist? It looks in theory possible to do it via File Browsing, that is if yer entire collection of MP3 files exist in just ONE folder on the External Card (and no subfolders etc).

Cheers,

Bruce

Jul 6, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #225 of 238
No playlist support. You can shuffle all files on the player, though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back