Jul 15, 2017 at 2:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

xLoud

100+ Head-Fier
It looks like we are going to have Fiio X3 MKIII

7FAcRts6.jpg

WYJg98lS.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2017 at 2:17 AM Post #3 of 8
I really liked the design and the price. Waiting for someone to say that it sounds better than the old X5 MK2 which I had and was a thick brick in my pocket. I ended up selling that, as it was bit big for my taste though sound was decent! If it has atleast the same sound, then I am sold!

Aug 23, 2017 at 2:32 AM Post #4 of 8
I really liked the design and the price. Waiting for someone to say that it sounds better than the old X5 MK2 which I had and was a thick brick in my pocket. I ended up selling that, as it was bit big for my taste though sound was decent! If it has atleast the same sound, then I am sold!
Big ? Oo boy Im walking 3 hrs a day with a Hugo /Phone /TH900.

Sep 27, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #8 of 8
hdr-small-by-eric-scheffel

v2

Hi there,

I bought the Fiio X3 Mk3 about 1 week ago from a Chinese online retailer as I currently have a work assignment in China. There was only one reason for me to consider buying this. I wanted to have a comparatively inexpensive digital source for my IBasso "Bushmaster" D14 with a small (flat) footprint. The only downside was that I had to buy the correct coax SPDIF cable separately. I can write a more detailed mini review later on, but at the moment I can say that the sound quality is the same or marginally better compared to when I first played music via Android USB OTG on my old Samsung Galaxy S4. Also the battery life is supposed to improve considerably on the D14 when the digital input is used instead of USB OTG.

I hope that one problem of the Fiio X3 used in this combination will be corrected with a firmware update, because at the moment it does occasionally happen that 2 seconds into a new song the playback glitches/skips for a split second or so. I believe this problem may be more pronounced with 24bit and/or 192Khz flac music files. Also, while I love the way the new Fiio X3 stacks with the D14 physically, when loaded with a 256GB micro SD card filled to the brim with songs, navigating through your music selection is not always as smooth and quick as I would like it to be!

hdr-small-by-eric-scheffel

Cheers!
v2

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back