FiiO X3 firmware 3.21 download and discussion thread
Nov 11, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #121 of 148
Hi All,

Just got a Fiio X3 - I have a couple of questions as it is all new to me and I didn't want to read 900+ pages on main thread  8-O

(1) What format do album covers need to be in for the X3 in Manual mode ? I loaded a folder.jpg (500 x 500) from my PC but it doesn't show up when I play tracks from the folder it's in.

(2) I ordered a 64GB Sandisk (Mobile) Ultra Micro SDXC Class 10 card for it. Should turn up tomorrow or day after.
I read on Sandisk support site that 64GB cards are formatted to exFAT. If I want to U/G X3 FW to 3.21b I need it formatted in FAT32, correct ? Can I format a 64GB Micro SD card to FAT32 with the X3 ? I do not have a micro SD card reader for my PC.

Appreciate any help,

Cheers,

Raksy

Nov 11, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #122 of 148
  Just went back to 3.21b today to try it again.

MAJOR Issue: The very first time I turned off the player and came back to it, I got the dreaded start screen. It did NOT remember where I was before.

I mark this as a major issue because FiiO seems to think that the X3 is 'stable' now - where it is not. Still cant 100% remember the track I was on, and of course the annoying gapless issue with 3.21b.....

Its time for a new firmware!!! We are almost there!!!

I'm with you on this LordX.  It's been a while since X3 owners have called attention to 3.21b's issues in this thread.  I hope FiiO hasn't forgotten this great player and that their software engineers are working on solutions to "perfect" it's firmware.  After trying FW3.2 and 3.21b I've been back to using 3.0-what for me is the most stable version-since discovering the gapless bug in 3.21b.

Nov 11, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #123 of 148
  Hi All,

Just got a Fiio X3 - I have a couple of questions as it is all new to me and I didn't want to read 900+ pages on main thread  8-O

. . . .

Just received Sandisk Ultra 64GB card. Put it in X3 - not recognised. Attached X3 to PC via USB - can now see Sandisk card from PC.

Used donationware GUIFORMAT (http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm) to quick format the Sandisk card to FAT32. X3 Sees card as 59.4 GB. Have now updated from FW 1.23 to 3.21B as per instructions that came with download.

Great that I didn't need to purchase a card reader - can do this over USB from PC to X3. This wasn't clearly stated in Fiio doco I read. I thought X3 might control the format, not PC (again, I have never owned a device like this before).

FYI for anyone else who finds this thread and is a new user to this type of DAP and mSD cards. Don't need a reader.

Still don't know about album art, will go ask in main thread as FW U/G is now solved for me.

R

Nov 12, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #124 of 148

Just received Sandisk Ultra 64GB card. Put it in X3 - not recognised. Attached X3 to PC via USB - can now see Sandisk card from PC.

Used donationware GUIFORMAT (http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm) to quick format the Sandisk card to FAT32. X3 Sees card as 59.4 GB. Have now updated from FW 1.23 to 3.21B as per instructions that came with download.

Great that I didn't need to purchase a card reader - can do this over USB from PC to X3. This wasn't clearly stated in Fiio doco I read. I thought X3 might control the format, not PC (again, I have never owned a device like this before).

FYI for anyone else who finds this thread and is a new user to this type of DAP and mSD cards. Don't need a reader.

Still don't know about album art, will go ask in main thread as FW U/G is now solved for me.

R

Hi Raksasa,

You can format the card right in the player.  Go to settings > storage formatting > format.

Cheers!

Nov 13, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #125 of 148
  Hi Raksasa,

You can format the card right in the player.  Go to settings > storage formatting > format.

Cheers!

Yeah, I can see that option now I have FW 3.22B loaded, but I don't remember seeing it in FW 1.23 which came with the X3 when I bought it.

Under 1.23 the X3 didn't even recognise the 64GB card - it said 0GB in External, 0GB available in ext. Then it saw it once I formatted it to FAT32 from exFAT with GUIFORMAT.

R

Nov 18, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #126 of 148
Hi in relation to beta 3.21 for x3 . do I put firmware on my SD card are on the internal memory ? Also do I need to delete any songs on the card and do I need to reset player ?.thanks in advance

Nov 18, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #127 of 148
Pls put the the firmware file on the Micro SD card, and in general, there is no need to delete songs. But pls make sure that your Micro SD card already is formatted to FAT32. Here is the detailed instruction to guide how to upgrade the X3: http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=39952&extra=page%3D2
wink_face.gif

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 18, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #128 of 148
Thanks it works a treat . can I ask is it possible to scroll through the menu alphabetically ? Thanks again .also is it true that there is a song limit with a 64gb I read some where about 5200 songs ?

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #129 of 148
Thanks it works a treat . can I ask is it possible to scroll through the menu alphabetically ? Thanks again .also is it true that there is a song limit with a 64gb I read some where about 5200 songs ?

There is a song limit of 5800 songs no matter how much storage space you have on your micro SD card. I hope it will get increased sometime because my 64gb card will probably not be full by the time I have 5800 songs.

Nov 19, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #132 of 148
Thanks see below

Dear Rod Neary ,

Thank you for your mail and support to FiiO!
Yes,there is a limit of 5800 songs of fw3.22 beta.We will upgrade the firmwave later to break the limit of 5800 to 20000.

If you have any other question, please feel free to contact us!

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
FiiO Customer Service

Dec 9, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #134 of 148
This is new and confusing to me, isn't the TF already in the X3 when you format it to FAT32? Why do the instructions step 3 say to insert the TF card in the slot?

Thanks

Q: How to upgrade the X3?

A: ★Choose a TF card (Micro SD card) with FAT32 file system. If the update process fails, pls change to use a blank TF card with capacity under 32GB, and directly format the TF card by X3 before the upgrade again.    
    ★ The original file data in the TF card will not be corrupted when upgrading. 
    ★Ensure that the X5 is sufficiently charged (preferably fully charged) before the upgrade to prevent power failure during upgrade.

Methods to Upgrading via TF card:
1. Choose a card with FAT32 file system.
2. Unzip the firmware upgrade package from FiiO and copy the x3.fw firmware file within to the root directory of the TF card.
3. Turn off the X3, then insert the TF card into the X3's TF card slot directly.
4. Hold the power button while holding the Menu/Back button to turn on the X3 in firmware upgrade mode. The following firmware upgrade dialogs will appear and after the upgrade is complete, the player will restart automatically.

★Do not press buttons or turn the dial on the X3 while the upgrade is in progress.
5. When the firmware upgrade is complete, the X3 will restart automatically. 
★Please delete the x3.fw firmware file from the TF card after the upgrade is complete.
★Please update the media library by "System settings" after the firmware upgrade.

Dec 10, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #135 of 148
Well, I got it working, installed the firmware and the sound is pretty amazing
smily_headphones1.gif
 Aside from the poor quality instructions, the X3 is built well and sounds great. I don't mind the UI, I can deal with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back