FiiO X3 firmware 3.21 download and discussion thread
Oct 27, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #96 of 148
I get the desire to have a fully functional unit, including album art - but what an insanely low priority the art should be.

Staring at the same picture on a small 2" screen for an hour - compared to sound quality, and music playback / glitches.

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #100 of 148
Loving my X3,
I have had it for a week now. When got my X3 was loaded with 3.2 and it was slow especially switching /forwarding between 192hz 24bit flac files.

Since i have updated to 3.21 the lag is gone and is fast switching forwarding my 192hz 24bit flac files great work guys! :)

Just a few tiny suggestions i have which will help the UI and user experience:

-1 When i tap the volume button, the Volume UI pops up i set my volume then i hit the forward to next track it doesn't work. I have to wait until the volume UI disappears then i can hit the forward button.
Can you guys do this? My suggestion, when hitting the volume button set my volume and then hitting straight after the forward button, have the skip track button overwrite the Volume UI, so you dont have to wait for the Volume UI to disappear?

-2 More personal thing, Can we have the volume UI a bar which runs horizontally and not the dial shape which i find hard to understand.

-3 Can we have the the sample rate text abit thicker as it disappears in the album art

-4 Maybe possible to do already? when the player is paused it turns off quickly can we have it on standby mode rather turning off. As turning on the player has a delay.

-5 A very minor touch not important, on the screen when playing a track were it has the length time of the track. If a track is 192hz 24bit display a yellow dot or something so you know its HDtrack playing.

Thank you really great player! definitely kicks my ipod ass :)

Oct 30, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #101 of 148
  Loving my X3,
I have had it for a week now. When got my X3 was loaded with 3.2 and it was slow especially switching /forwarding between 192hz 24bit flac files.

Since i have updated to 3.21 the lag is gone and is fast switching forwarding my 192hz 24bit flac files great work guys! :)

Just a few tiny suggestions i have which will help the UI and user experience:

-1 When i tap the volume button, the Volume UI pops up i set my volume then i hit the forward to next track it doesn't work. I have to wait until the volume UI disappears then i can hit the forward button.
Can you guys do this? My suggestion, when hitting the volume button set my volume and then hitting straight after the forward button, have the skip track button overwrite the Volume UI, so you dont have to wait for the Volume UI to disappear?

-1 You can hit the back button to back out of the volume UI, then hit forward

Nov 1, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #102 of 148
Is there a difference in sound signature between fw 3.2 and 3.21?
I upgraded yesterday from fw 3.0 to 3.2 and was amazed at the difference - before x3 was a bit bass-heavy, warm, dark, smooth and a bit treble - light.
With 3.2 sound became cleaner, a bit more like the x1 while still retaining a decent bass (maybe slightly lighter) - there's now more treble.
Overall I think I like it better, of course there are some songs for which 3.0 was even better suited.
Is 3.21 the same sound as 3.2?
It's good to have the choice - As Ibasso dx50 users also seem to have.
Has Fiio ever confirmed that they changed the sound signature?

Nov 1, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #103 of 148

-1 You can hit the back button to back out of the volume UI, then hit forward

Thanks for that, will use that.

I would still prefer the forward button to override the volume UI, as hitting the back button then forward button seem unnecessarily movement. Kind of the way ipod UI works

As for that i haven't listened much with 3.2 so cant say if thats changed. But would recommend emailing fiio support there excellent and will get back to you about that.

Nov 2, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #104 of 148
Is there a difference in sound signature between fw 3.2 and 3.21?
I upgraded yesterday from fw 3.0 to 3.2 and was amazed at the difference - before x3 was a bit bass-heavy, warm, dark, smooth and a bit treble - light.
With 3.2 sound became cleaner, a bit more like the x1 while still retaining a decent bass (maybe slightly lighter) - there's now more treble.
Overall I think I like it better, of course there are some songs for which 3.0 was even better suited.

I didn't notice any difference in sound signature.

Nov 3, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #105 of 148
Any possibility of user created Genres based on Metadata Tags? My Punk-Rock songs are under Techno...and my Classical Soundtracks are under Euro-Techno 
confused_face(1).gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back