FiiO X3 firmware 3.21 download and discussion thread
Oct 13, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #76 of 148
What I am getting at is that it would suck to fall in love with the sound of 3.21 and then have it change again when the issues with 3.21 are fixed - and then have to decide to choose between glitches or quality.

Oct 14, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #78 of 148
  I am sticking with 3.0 for now BECAUSE 3.21 sounds so good. Reason? If they fix the issues in 3.22, but the sound quality is gone, I will feel like I lost something. But if I can move from 3.0 to 3.22 and notice no difference - but have the issues fixed, I will be happy.

I had to deal with this after FW 2.14b, whose sound I loved. I'd install each later FW update, and after a day or so, I'd switch back to 2.14, to see if I *really* heard that much difference. I always did. I chose sound over the knowledge/dread that the X3 might freeze at the beginning of the next track.

FW 3.21b was the answer my prayers. I did switch back to 2.14b once, "just to make sure". It is slightly different (one was *slightly* better for more acoustic sounds, the other *slightly* better for more electronic sounds, but the difference was not enough to obsess about.)

If 3.22 works better, but sounds worse, I know I'll stay on 3.21b. But I just make playlist-folders, and port them over to my X3, so for me, there's really nothing "missing" from 3.21b.

Oct 15, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #81 of 148
interesting, there is no mentioning of sound change in changelog. I did go twice from 3.0 to 3.21 and i would swear, 3.21 has less bass. I quite like it, because i find my es10 headphones little bit too bass heavy.

Oct 15, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #82 of 148
Officially FIIO has not made any changes that impact the sound signature in quite a while. However some of us share in the collective delusion that certain firmware versions sound better. 2.14 with the volume mod and 3.21 beta seem to be well loved. Mania or reality ? You choose

Oct 15, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #83 of 148
It almost makes MORE sense that way.... since there have been SO many bugs and glitches, it leads one to believe that someone doesn't QUITE know what they are doing.

E.g. - they didn't MEAN to mess up gapless playback in 3.21b but they did... that wasn't listed on the changelog - heh.... so I wouldn't doubt in the LEAST that some of the changes made have an effect on things that were not intended, and therefor are not included in the official changelog.

Oct 18, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #89 of 148
Thanks a lot.
And how about 5800 tracks limit? will they remove it?

It should happen as there is already a beta for the X5 which increases the limit. The limit was inherited from the X5 firmware in the first place as early versions of X3 firmware had no such limitation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back