FiiO X3 firmware 3.21 download and discussion thread
Sep 28, 2014 at 1:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 148

Joe Bloggs

Sponsor: HiBy
Member of the Trade: EFO Technologies Co, YanYin Technology
His Porta Corda walked the Green Mile
Official firmware version 3.21 for the X3 is now available!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rd3l9ffkznl9qho/X3_FW3.21Beta.zip

The following changes and improvements were made to firmware 3.21 compared to 3.00:

1. Fixed issue where songs are not sorted by album order when navigating via Play by Category->Artist->Album to an album.

2. Added support for UTF-8 (no BOM) and Unicode LRC lyrics files.

3. Enabled time display and fast-forward / rewind through raw AAC files;

4. Added option to display "all songs" by an artist as well as selecting individual albums by an artist.

5. Added support for cover art for folder-based album art.

6. Fixed bug that caused itunes HE-AAC tracks of 88.2kHz sample rate and above to freeze the player;

7. Fixed issue where m4a and FLAC tracks may skip unexpectedly when played from an NTFS formatted card;

8. Fixed other hanging and track skipping issues reported by users;

9. Fixed bug that caused a short UI hiccup when adding the first song to Favorites after power-on;

10. Media library will now auto-update upon insertion and removal of TF (microSD) cards when media library update is set to Auto.

Looking forward to everyone's feedback :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 28, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #3 of 148
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the update!

Based on my experience with FW 3.20 :
 - The album art still doesn't display at the right size.
 - The resume on position after the X3 was turned off is now working properly (album art wouldn't display and the DAP would sometimes stuck needing a reset).

Sep 28, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #4 of 148
I will try this out soon. I couldn't get 3.20 to remember the track position correctly when the player was turned off and on again. It would end up saying that it was playing a different track to what is actually was. It would then also play the wrong track next that isn't even from the same album.

I really hope this issue will be fixed with 3.21.
I will reply once I have tried it out.

Sep 28, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #7 of 148
Working fine,if you tag your library propely u will havd no issues, I have all album covers at 650x650, they work smoothly no freezes. That new all songs from the artist is something i really wanted, so much better. All i want now is a black and green theme like the orange and black one. :)

Sep 28, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #8 of 148
I have just compared 3.20 to 3.21. I tried 3.20 first and this time, It crashed every time I fast forward or rewind a track. It also didn't remember the album from which the track playing was from when it got turned off. I played track 1/10, turned it off, back on again and it said playing track 1/1. It got to the end and then stopped.

With 3.21, it doesn't do this at all which is great. I think I will stick with it unless I find a problem. I would also like to know what Dixter was saying. Is there still this 5800 track limit? I am about to get a 64gb card and I will end up getting to 5800 tracks well before that gets full.

Sep 28, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #9 of 148
I'm downloading the firmware right now and will install it shortly. However, before I try it out, I'd like to say thank you for #4. I was getting annoyed not being able to listen to all of the tracks by 1 artist. My folders were already organized such that listening by artist was the same thing as folder browsing.

Sep 28, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #10 of 148
  I'm downloading the firmware right now and will install it shortly. However, before I try it out, I'd like to say thank you for #4. I was getting annoyed not being able to listen to all of the tracks by 1 artist. My folders were already organized such that listening by artist was the same thing as folder browsing.

I wish that that would be possible too. I like the fact that my old player could just move on from one album to the next and play artists and albums A to Z.

Sep 28, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #11 of 148
Downloaded ... installed ... and what a very nice and useful upgrade 
darthsmile.gif

1- seems to be very stable 
2- showing album arts now .. i never knew they were there 
biggrin.gif
 ( not kidding )
the " Added support for cover art for folder-based album art " works nicely .
3- the other cool feature added and i am very pleased with it is the " Added option to display "all songs" by an artist as well as selecting individual albums by an artist" 
4- And i made it the last one .... it seems the most balanced & the clearest  version in terms of audio quality ( waiting confirmation from guys here ) 

Thanks FIIO .... waiting for the playlist support & making Bass & Treble shortcuts in the quick menu 
cool.gif

oh .. i most forgot ... PLEASE make it remember the path of the song when turning on again ....

Sep 28, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #12 of 148
I installed 3.21b around a half hour ago. So far, I can't find anything wrong, and much right. Soundwise (I'm one of those who keeps reverting back to 2.14b) I'm quite pleased. My general description would be "clear yet full". Actually it's the clarity that I'll have to see how I like in the long run. It may be a tad too clear, even with the treble turned down. But for now, I plan to stay with 3.21b. It's nice to prefer the latest FW, since I don't have to put up with problems that have been fixed in a later FW.

Sep 28, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #13 of 148
I've downloaded several times and when I unzip the file I get:

inflating: x3.fw                    bad CRC 4c9ac725  (should be dfb34fbf)
  inflating: X3 firmware update instructions (abridged).txt  
  inflating: X3 FW3.21Beta changelog.txt

And the X3 refuses to load the firmware, confirming that it is corrupted.

Anyone else getting this problem?

Sep 28, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #14 of 148
  I've downloaded several times and when I unzip the file I get:

inflating: x3.fw                    bad CRC 4c9ac725  (should be dfb34fbf)
  inflating: X3 firmware update instructions (abridged).txt  
  inflating: X3 FW3.21Beta changelog.txt

And the X3 refuses to load the firmware, confirming that it is corrupted.

Anyone else getting this problem?

Fixed it. I originally downloaded very soon after Joe's announcement and I got the corrupted file then. Maybe I downloaded too soon. The file must be cached somewhere between me and Mediafire because every machine I tried to download the file with got the same corrupt version (Windows, Linux and Mac)....until I tried downloading from a different IP address. Now I have updated and am just waiting for the library scan to complete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back