FIIO X3 \ Cowon X9 \ Zune HD
Jan 11, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #5 of 22
Cowon is better than Zune by reputation so X3 will be better than the Zune.

X3 is an entry level audiophile player. Its going to sound better than players aimed at the average consumer.

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #8 of 22
With D600 it is better to use powerful source, so X3 should be better. Also iHifi760, Ibasso dx50 and other bad boys. As for the Question from 3 models, my vote for Zunes, i like their sound with IEMs.

Jan 12, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #14 of 22
I'll go +1 Cowon. If it's your first foray into this field, Cowons are a good entry-level place to start.
Pros:
Amazing battery life
Great if you like tinkering with different EQ settings.
Expandable via Micro SD Slot. I have a 64GB card in mine and it takes very little time to load.
Great value for the cost.
Has a decent quality sound recorder built in.. If you like to bootleg shows or anything like that.

Cons:
Keep in mind that it is a large player. I own one and it's almost as long as my hand.
The screen is a capacitive touch screen, which is a lot less responsive than, say, a smartphone or ipod touch. Expect some reistance, but if your main aim is playing music then this is a small price to pay.
No other apps, if you're into that sort of thing.
The UI takes a little getting used to, but once you've played with it for an hour you'll pick it up no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back