FiiO X3 2nd gen preview world-tour--first impressions starting page 8!
Mar 3, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #31 of 196
Would absolutely love to be part of this! I'm relatively new to audiophile and Head-Fi, but a newbie approach might be interesting for Fiio and the community.

-Headphone(s) you possess: AKG K7XX, Sennheiser HD-598, Sony XBA-H1, RHA MA750, Shure SE-215, Denon AH-C751, Audio Technica ATH-CKX9

-DAP(s) you possess: Fiio X3, iPod Mini (32GB Flash Mod), iPhone 5S

-FiiO product(s) you possess (if any): Fiio X3, Fiio E12A, Fiio L16, Fiio L9

-Descriptions and links to review(s) you have posted (if any): No reviews yet on Head-Fi, but have published several well-received pieces (not about audio) on LinkedIn.

-Your geographical region (e.g. the city and country you live in): Calgary, Canada

-Language(s) you can read: English

Mar 3, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #32 of 196
Hi Joe, I would love to test your new product....

-Headphone(s) you possess:

Shure Se215
TDK IE800
HifiMan RE600
Hifiman HE300

-DAP(s) you possess:

Fiio X1
Cowon i9+
Ipod Nano
(Some old Philips one :wink: )

-FiiO product(s) you possess (if any):

Fiio X1
Fiio E17
Fiio E09K
Fiio Cable (RC SE1, UX1, MH1, HD1, L16, L9)
Fiio HS12

-Descriptions and links to review(s) you have posted:
I am new here...reviews are coming!

-Your geographical region (e.g. the city and country you live in):

Kaiserslautern, Germany

-Language(s) you can read:

English, German, French, Russian

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #33 of 196
Please let me test your new X3.  I'm a super fan of Fiio...use my X5 every day!

Please apply by replying to this thread and including the following information in your reply:

Etymotic Research ER-4PT Referenz
Audio Technica ATH-M50

-DAP(s) you possess:
Fiio X5
iPod Classic
iPod Shuffle

Fiio X5
Fiio E17

-Descriptions and links to review(s) you have posted (if any):
I'm new here.  Sorry!  I help people out with questions on the X5 on amazon.co,uk though!

London UK

English

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #34 of 196
-AKG K812
-Earwerkz Supras 2
-Martin Logan Mikros 90
-Sony MDR-1R
-DAP(s) you possess:
-iBasso DX90
-HTC One M8
-iPhone 4S
-Currently none
http://www.head-fi.org/users/288076/reviews
http://www.head-fi.org/t/741770/customart-us-ciem-demo-lineup-tour-including-harmony-8-pro/255#post_11310051
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
-English
-Chinese

Mar 3, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #35 of 196
Oooh exciting!  I've always wanted to take a shot at once of these review tours so I'll go ahead and try an application..

-Headphone(s) you possess: Sennheiser Momentum, Shure SE215, Sennheiser HD595, Sennheiser HD650

-DAP(s) you possess: Fiio X3, Zune HD (unused now of course :) )

-FiiO product(s) you possess (if any): Fiio X3

-Descriptions and links to review(s) you have posted (if any): N/A

-Your geographical region (e.g. the city and country you live in): Seattle, WA, USA

-Language(s) you can read: English

Mar 3, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #36 of 196
Hi there!
Please add me to the list, would love to be able to compare the two X3s side by side

-Headphone(s) you possess: Grado SR80i; B&W C5; Philips Fidelio M1BTBL; Cambridge Audio IEM
-DAP(s) you possess: Sansa Clip+; Fiio X3; Fiio X1
-FiiO product(s) you possess (if any): X3; X1; E06 (and lots of cases, covers etc)
-Descriptions and links to review(s) you have posted (if any): No reviews yet...
-Your geographical region (e.g. the city and country you live in): Liverpool, England
-Language(s) you can read: English

Mar 3, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #37 of 196
I'd love to try the new X3!

-Headphone(s) you possess: Soundmagic HP100, Hifiman RE400, Hifiman HE560, Sennheiser HD650
-DAP(s) you possess: Fiio X3
-FiiO product(s) you possess (if any): Fiio X3
-Descriptions and links to review(s) you have posted (if any): none yet, will write one for X3 II, probably compare to the original X3
-Your geographical region (e.g. the city and country you live in): Pittsburgh, US
-Language(s) you can read: English

Mar 3, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #38 of 196
Hi Joe,

Please add me.

Shure SE310 and SE530, Monster Miles Davis Editions. Ultimate Ears 4000.

Fiio X3 with Fiio E12A amp.

No reviews posted.

Phoenix, AZ. I work at sky harbor airport and use my current Fiio there now. Would be a great place to test the new one due to the extreme heat.

English and spanish.

Thank you for the consideration,

Alan H.

Mar 3, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #39 of 196
In many ways, I'm not qualified for this trial based on existing equipment, but I'm hoping that you'll consider my value as the voice of a potential new consumer.  

Recently, I've been exploring higher res music via HDTracks and Super HiRez.  Now that I have a new Mac (with adequate memory), I've been using it as my digital music server.  I don't need to tell you about the limitations of that, most notably that my Parasound zDAC limits USB input at 96khz. Unfortunately, my two kids are getting all the disposable income, so a replacement will have to wait. The little dabbling I've done in DSD is therefore handcuffed by this set up, but I appreciate the improvement I get over redbook, so I'm happily hobbling along.  I also have the Onkyo hi fi app on my iphone, but with limited storage, I only have a few songs running through there.

Yesterday, my iPod classic finally coughed up its last fur ball and begged to be restored.  I was using that as my main music player of convenience so as save hard drive space.  Even if they still made them, I wouldn't replace it because I want something that can also handle my high res needs.

So, what I'm looking for is an inexpensive music player that will handle 192khz files as well as DSD.  Since my mac finds ways of hiccuping output using Audirvana, I'd like an easy way to play DSD files through my DAC.  Some of the other players on the market don't act well as home devices run through DACs, so the player would have to have some sort of digital output. Also storage and storage flexibility (SD card) is key.

Unlike most posters here, I'm not a headphone listener, so my Musical Fidelity EB-33's that I use during workouts aren't going to impress anyone.  However, my primary listening is done through my Cary tube preamp, B&K amp and Monitor Audio Studio 10's.  

I haven't formally written any reviews that I can remember, but I've recently transition to working at home, so I can give reviewing some serious attention.

Other info, I live in Southern California (San Diego) and read only English.

Thanks for your consideration.

Mar 3, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #40 of 196
this would be interesting, but I'm not as professional as the other members in here, still give it a try? haha
     AKG K7xx
     SE215
     Logitech UE500
     Koss ProDJ 100
     XiaoMi Pistol
-DAP(s) you possess:
     Fiio X1
     iPod Nano 2G
     iPod Classic 5G
     Nexus 4,5
     Xiaomi Mi3
     Xperia Neo V
     Nexus 7 2013
     Fiio X1
     none
     USA, CA, Bay area
     English and Chinese

Good luck to everyone and myself!

Mar 3, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #41 of 196
Hello there, I wouldn't mind getting the chance to test one of these devices, if it's as good as your amps and DAC's, then it sounds like a winner!

My DAP's; Ibasso DX50, Hifiman HE601, Colorfly CK4, Sansa Clip MK1, (the best sounding one,) and an Iriver H320.

Headphones; Sennheiser HD597, Rock Jaw Kommand, Ultimate Ears UE10's, Logitech UE900's, Vsonic VSD3, (new fixed cable type,) Hifiman RE 0, EarSonic SM2 V2, JVC HA-FXT90 and Fisher Audio Eterna's.

Fiio products I possess; Fiio E17, used as a dac/amp for the DX50 and a Fiio E11 amp.

No real reviews.

Geographical location; Goole, UK.

Languages; English and some rusty Netherlands.

Mar 3, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #42 of 196
Hi Joe:

I'm fairly new to high-end audio but I as a retirement present I recently jumped in and loving what I'm hearing. I'm streaming from Tidal and using Apple's Airport to stream throughout the house to two stereo setups using my IPad and MacBookPro as my controllers. I've got a Fostex HP-A8C on feeding my main front room system.

I'd be delighted to test drive the new Fiio X3

As for headphones: Audeze LCD-X, Sennheiser HD-590, Shure 535
DAPs: Askell & Kern AK100 II, Apple IPhone 5, IPad 2
Fiio Products: E17 and EOkK ; E10K Olympus 2

Site Views at www.ve3hg.wordpress.com https://ve3hg.wordpress.com/2015/02/03/is-neil-young-crazy/
This is my amateur radio site with over 150,000 views and averages 100 views daily. My review of my high-end audio setup garnered much interest and comments directly via email.

Language: English

Best regards,

Peter

Mar 3, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #45 of 196
Hi Joe,
-Headphone(s) you possess: Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 OHM;
-DAP(s) you possess: Fiio X3;
-FiiO product(s) you possess (if any): Fiio E12, Fiio X3 Stacking kit HS15, Fiio L16 audio cable;
-Descriptions and links to review(s) you have posted (if any): http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/dt-770-pro-80-ohm.html ;
-Your geographical region (e.g. the city and country you live in): Italy, Olbia 07026;
-Language(s) you can read: English, Italian.

Thank you!
See you soon
Rocco Terlizzi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back