Fiio x1 won't turn on
Feb 14, 2015 at 6:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

smy1

Headphoneus Supremus
My fiio was working today I think I forgot to turn off my fiio and battery ran out. Now it is charging but it won't turn on I have held the power button for more then 10 seconds.

Feb 14, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #2 of 38
According to the manual, there is a small reset hole on the side between the power button and the + volume button. After you have charged long enough to make sure there is at least some power in the battery, try sticking a pin in that hole and holding until you get some action on the LCD.

Feb 14, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #3 of 38
According to the manual, there is a small reset hole on the side between the power button and the + volume button. After you have charged long enough to make sure there is at least some power in the battery, try sticking a pin in that hole and holding until you get some action on the LCD.

Thanks it worked. Should I be worry in the future. I have the 2 year warranty and I pretty ocd about these stuff should I use the warranty or should I just wait until something major happens

Feb 14, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #4 of 38
I really don't know the X1, and I don't know if this is a common issue or something very unusual. You might try asking in the Fiio X1 thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/691332/the-all-new-fiio-x1-192k-24b-pcm5142-dac-and-100mw-output-with-lo-and-inline-remote

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #5 of 38
Happened to me today.

Fully charged night before. Switched off.

Tried to switch on in the morning - nothing happening :frowning2:

Plugged into charger - red light showing, but no screen.

Plugged into USB port of computer - nothing happening :frowning2:

OK - reset using the teeny-tiny hole and...all back to normal :)

I don't think it has anything to do with the battery and I don't think the X1 is faulty. Remember, this is, essentially, a computer and my best guess is that it crashed. 'Switch it off and on again' etc with the on/of button really being the reset button.

Love the X1 - might be a bit rough at the edges, but give it good FLAC files and it sings :)

Sep 1, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #7 of 38
Same thing happened to me just now:

- I drained the battery (the X1 powered itself off)
- Charged it for about 2 hours.
- It wouldn't turn on! (plugged or unplugged)
- I inserted a clip on the reset hole for 10 seconds
- After that I pushed the power button and it did turn on without problems

It gave me quite a scare ^_^'

Dec 29, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #9 of 38
It happend to me today two times. I don't know is it a common problem?

Yes this is a common problem happend to me like 5 times so far. I wouldn't worry about it. I emailed fiio to and they said it's a common problem.

Dec 29, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #10 of 38
I get the issue once a week or so, have to make sure I keep a pin handy.  Between the freezes and the terrible scroll wheel, it's really turned me off to this family of FiiO DAPs (X1/3/5).

Dec 29, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #11 of 38
I get the issue once a week or so, have to make sure I keep a pin handy.  Between the freezes and the terrible scroll wheel, it's really turned me off to this family of FiiO DAPs (X1/3/5).

I have issue with freezes to and what I heard other people to. It happend after fw 1.5

Dec 30, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #12 of 38
Ok. But this problem can be fixed or i have to learn to live vith that? I'm affraid that it will stop working after too many resets. How long you have yours? I have guarantee, but what can they do if this is a common problem?

Dec 30, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #13 of 38
I've had mine for about 15 months now, it still works but it still has an occasional stutter, it still freezes, and the scroll wheel seems even worse (center button now registers as a scroll down + click about 80% of the time and its not due to fat finger syndrome).  I have updated the firmware at some point, nothing changed. 

In short, I don't think you have to worry about it breaking from resets.  Just get used to doing it.

Apr 1, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #15 of 38
Hi,

I got my first fiio X1 on Jan 1st, 2016 and everything was good until it automatically freezed one day. I did reset & updated the firmware and it turned on later but it dropped dead in few mins
sad.gif

Later, there is no action at all though it charges well.

Kindly help me troubleshoot the device.

Thanks,
Ram

Users who are viewing this thread

Back