Fiio x1 won't turn on
Apr 3, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #16 of 38
sad.gif

Hi,I got my first fiio X1 on Jan 1st, 2016 and everything was good until it automatically freezed one day. I did reset & updated the firmware and it turned on later but it dropped dead in few mins.Later, there is no action at all though it charges well.Kindly help me troubleshoot the device.Thanks,Ram

Have you tried hooking up the device to your computer?

Apr 9, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #17 of 38
Have the same problem with Fiio X1, please help :cry:

Apr 9, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #18 of 38
Tried hard reset through pinhole, tried connecting to a PC , tried recharging. Nothing works

Apr 9, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #19 of 38
not sure if the X1 has a removable battery or not,but if it does,try taking it out and then put back in place.

Oct 22, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #20 of 38

Got my one 6 days ago and today i had this crash (lasted 2.0 firmware), wherever i really got in love with this player and till yesterday i did consider it the best cost perfomance mobile Audio product that i own till date and was considering to upgrade to the X5 or X7 ,got the X1 just to get to know the FIIO brand.

Due to that fact that here in Japan the MSR price is ¥22,000 (about US$ 220) once it now is a old model you can find for US$ 110 ~ 200 on Japanese stores still a higher price when compared with other countries (US$ 90 ~ 100) for that reason i may be asking for a refund today on the store where it costs US$ 130 but got for US$ 0 (had more than enough credit points on that store) reading other comments on this forum it seens it is not in the quality standard we're used to have in Japan at any price point, this problem looks like to be engineered related maybe it was been fixed on the new generation of players.

Just used it for about 18h (most at home) with FLAC files only, i do take a good care of my gear for that reason i still have in perfect working condition & appearance mobile gears and others that I originaly purchased in the 90's & 80's. 

Oct 22, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #21 of 38

Got my one 6 days ago and today i had this crash (lasted 2.0 firmware), wherever i really got in love with this player and till yesterday i did consider it the best cost perfomance mobile Audio product that i own till date and was considering to upgrade to the X5 or X7 ,got the X1 just to get to know the FIIO brand.

Due to that fact that here in Japan the MSR price is ¥22,000 (about US$ 220) once it now is a old model you can find for US$ 110 ~ 200 on Japanese stores still a higher price when compared with other countries (US$ 90 ~ 100) for that reason i may be asking for a refund today on the store where it costs US$ 130 but got for US$ 0 (had more than enough credit points on that store) reading other comments on this forum it seens it is not in the quality standard we're used to have in Japan at any price point, this problem looks like to be engineered related maybe it was been fixed on the new generation of players.

Just used it for about 18h (most at home) with FLAC files only, i do take a good care of my gear for that reason i still have in perfect working condition & appearance mobile gears and others that I originaly purchased in the 90's & 80's. 

Hi, eDmiya
Sorry to hear about that.
Could you please try the methods in this post to see whether it helps: http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40697
Yes, the retail price in different countries may have difference. Couldn't you seller provide help for you? If yes, could you tell us your seller's name?
Please accept our sincere apology for all the inconveniece bringing to you.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 22, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #22 of 38

Hi Fiio

Was not expecting any reply specially from Fiio but i really appreciate it this prove that you're a serious company.

Regarding the store i went there but before i did send an email to the sales representative of the company that represent Fiio in Japan: 

http://www.oyaide.com/fiio/    

To Mr: Ishiguro with a lot of details and even a problem that i found with the device when unpacking it is better to not share in here.

In the store i asked first for a product exchance but they did not have any availible in stocks i did asked when the next lot may arrive, they told me they are no longer getting any X1 and they give me the follow options:

- Leave the product to repair and they may end up getting a new one just for me, but it could take between 1 to 2 weeks once i may have a business trip in the end of the next week and i really want to bring a High Res player in the trip, for that reason we decide that i may contact your represantive straight and try to solve as fast as possible,  i was some how expecting it the reason i send an email before going to the store.

-The shop also told me if i have no sucess to have a deal with your representive in Japan to go back to the store leave the product and they will deal with it and make it happens.

Because the store manger of "Bic Camera" Nagoya (overall eletronic retailer in Japan)  was very nice to me i end up not asking for a full refund, but when they are cheching the product we probabaly fund a new problem battery related, i did full charge of the device and did not use it (it was off) just left my house once the charge light turned green, they connected it again in a power source and they did a full check up (expecting a refund request) it keep caharging the battery for about 30 minutes for no reason and the device got hot.

Regarding the price tatics i may recomend Fiio to talk with the japanese representative on they home page internet shopping  they're are selling it for the customer for ¥24,840 (was wrong about MSR US$ 220) the when converted with today quotation it is about US$ 239 an price that most of people will end up with a brand that they alredy know like Sony and the japanese reviewers normally divulge MSR price for the same reason they reviewns end up as a bad publicity for the FIIO brand, you can find something similiar for a little less that probably will never crash:  

http://oyaide.com/catalog/products/x1.html

Don't take me wrong the X1 when pared with headphones like the Audio-techica ATH-m50x or an earphone like the Bose Sound true if the cost of the X1 in Japan is about US$ 120 what is a fair price for all the sides it automaticlly become the best cost perfomace combination in Japan for under US$ 300 (with an 128gb toshiba card inclued in the list) that most of people in here can afford, and this could open a big door for FIIO and most of Japanese reviews probablly will say the same thing like me and it will have a positive review. 

One example is OPPO that is also a new brand in Japan they 
BDP-105D price when the first come was US$ 1,200 because the brand got a lot of respect in here now, today it is selling at US$ 1,900 plus they other products like headphones and hedphone amplifiers are selling well too thanks to it. ​

Me i end up buying a FIIO because i can read and ​
understand 
english (from international review souce like cnet) but most of people in here they can't is not normal for a japanese customer to stick with a brand that they never heard about, to be sincere my first choice was a SONY player that cost about US$ 900 but because that device need a software instalation in a computer to allow you to have a very Limited access to the device 128GB internal memory we're in 2016 most of us want straight access with the liberty to orgnize albuns creting folders in they way we want (FIIO allow it)  that device just allowed to do it in the external 
memory, once i realized about it in the store I end up not buying it.  

But the worst part will be when the japanese customers realized that they're paying much more than when compared  with other markets for a device made in china it may end up in a boycot from the consumers first and stores later (To show respect with the customers), this happen before several times in Japan, customers now are completly different when compared with the japanese economical burble time ask someone that know japanese in your office to Google that, and you may see. 

In the other side when a japanese trust a brand the're the world most fiel customer (Google it too). 

Hope you guys get things right from now, FIIO have the biggest pontential on this market kind of hurts to see you guys missing the opportunity to make japanese music lovers and collecttors like me really happy and satifed. You guys could be easy the next iPod like phenomenon in Japan in my opnion. 

Regards and if you're not incharge of this matter please send it to someone that is he or she will may appreciatte and take the proper move from point of view. 

Thank you again and have a good one. 

Oct 23, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #23 of 38
Wow 36k views

Oct 24, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #24 of 38

Hi Fiio

Was not expecting any reply specially from Fiio but i really appreciate it this prove that you're a serious company.

Regarding the store i went there but before i did send an email to the sales representative of the company that represent Fiio in Japan: 

http://www.oyaide.com/fiio/    

To Mr: Ishiguro with a lot of details and even a problem that i found with the device when unpacking it is better to not share in here.

In the store i asked first for a product exchance but they did not have any availible in stocks i did asked when the next lot may arrive, they told me they are no longer getting any X1 and they give me the follow options:

- Leave the product to repair and they may end up getting a new one just for me, but it could take between 1 to 2 weeks once i may have a business trip in the end of the next week and i really want to bring a High Res player in the trip, for that reason we decide that i may contact your represantive straight and try to solve as fast as possible,  i was some how expecting it the reason i send an email before going to the store.

-The shop also told me if i have no sucess to have a deal with your representive in Japan to go back to the store leave the product and they will deal with it and make it happens.

Because the store manger of "Bic Camera" Nagoya (overall eletronic retailer in Japan)  was very nice to me i end up not asking for a full refund, but when they are cheching the product we probabaly fund a new problem battery related, i did full charge of the device and did not use it (it was off) just left my house once the charge light turned green, they connected it again in a power source and they did a full check up (expecting a refund request) it keep caharging the battery for about 30 minutes for no reason and the device got hot.

Regarding the price tatics i may recomend Fiio to talk with the japanese representative on they home page internet shopping  they're are selling it for the customer for ¥24,840 (was wrong about MSR US$ 220) the when converted with today quotation it is about US$ 239 an price that most of people will end up with a brand that they alredy know like Sony and the japanese reviewers normally divulge MSR price for the same reason they reviewns end up as a bad publicity for the FIIO brand, you can find something similiar for a little less that probably will never crash:  

http://oyaide.com/catalog/products/x1.html

Don't take me wrong the X1 when pared with headphones like the Audio-techica ATH-m50x or an earphone like the Bose Sound true if the cost of the X1 in Japan is about US$ 120 what is a fair price for all the sides it automaticlly become the best cost perfomace combination in Japan for under US$ 300 (with an 128gb toshiba card inclued in the list) that most of people in here can afford, and this could open a big door for FIIO and most of Japanese reviews probablly will say the same thing like me and it will have a positive review. 

One example is OPPO that is also a new brand in Japan they 
BDP-105D price when the first come was US$ 1,200 because the brand got a lot of respect in here now, today it is selling at US$ 1,900 plus they other products like headphones and hedphone amplifiers are selling well too thanks to it. ​

Me i end up buying a FIIO because i can read and ​
understand 
english (from international review souce like cnet) but most of people in here they can't is not normal for a japanese customer to stick with a brand that they never heard about, to be sincere my first choice was a SONY player that cost about US$ 900 but because that device need a software instalation in a computer to allow you to have a very Limited access to the device 128GB internal memory we're in 2016 most of us want straight access with the liberty to orgnize albuns creting folders in they way we want (FIIO allow it)  that device just allowed to do it in the external 
memory, once i realized about it in the store I end up not buying it.  

But the worst part will be when the japanese customers realized that they're paying much more than when compared  with other markets for a device made in china it may end up in a boycot from the consumers first and stores later (To show respect with the customers), this happen before several times in Japan, customers now are completly different when compared with the japanese economical burble time ask someone that know japanese in your office to Google that, and you may see. 

In the other side when a japanese trust a brand the're the world most fiel customer (Google it too). 

Hope you guys get things right from now, FIIO have the biggest pontential on this market kind of hurts to see you guys missing the opportunity to make japanese music lovers and collecttors like me really happy and satifed. You guys could be easy the next iPod like phenomenon in Japan in my opnion. 

Regards and if you're not incharge of this matter please send it to someone that is he or she will may appreciatte and take the proper move from point of view. 

Thank you again and have a good one. 

Hi, EDmiya
1. Could you tell us whether your seller is 'Bic Camera'?
2. What situation is your X1 now? Have you got a refund or you are still waiting for replacement? We can try to contact the distributer in Japan to see whether there is still stocks left for you.
3. Yes, the retail price in Japan is higher than in the USA. Please understand that different markets in diferent countries may have different cost. We only control the minimum retail price but not control the high one. We recommend users to buy products in their local cities and we will also focus the sellers to provide. better after-sale service.
Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you. 
Looking forward to your reply.
Best regards

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 24, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #25 of 38

Hi Fio 

1-Yes is Bic Camera They did offered a lot of help but i decided to take this matter with my own hands (mentioned before) and i do trust that shop.

2-I'm still waiting of a reply of an email that i did send to your Distributer / Reprensentative (Oyaide) on last saturday. if you give me your straight contact i can send you a copy, there is some other concerms that i found whem upacking that you guys may be interested. Did not get a refund for the follow reasons:

-The store was very nice to me and in this past 12 years as a customer (and now a micro share holder) i have no complains about the store and in the end was my decision to try by my own. (mentioned before). 

-Alredy i did purchase in a small store that had the best price in town for the Audio-Techinica ATH-m50x, excusive to used with the X1 (own a few BOSES & B&W now they did not sound great {Fixed EQ Curves} with the X1once they're all made for compressed music) and once they have nothing to do with my X1 i don't think is right to ask for a refund, wherever by national lawn i'm allowed  without giving any reason in the first 7 days after the purchase, another reason why i did not ask for a refund.

3-Was i mentioned before you guys may be losing an opportunity in Japan for the ones that paid more than ¥13,000 is more like they will place a complain with any problem with the player the ones that play less is more like the will not complain but is more like will never buy anything from FIIO again.
if i din't like the experience with the X1in the beggining i will not write my opnion for free regarding price tatics, (normally companies pay for such anylitcs) will just get a refund and forget about FIIO forever. Japanese Manufactories normally apreciatte and take notes of my complains till date regarding anything i did not like on they products that i purchased, and i don't work with reviews, here is normal. 

Here is words that only people in the top of your company and the top in the japanese representative office may full understaind: If there is the case, there rules to be follow by all in the japanese market by the ones that want to sell in a large scale, there is walls instead of breaking it is a better to be part of it.
On this new internet powered world still there is ways to sale and market in Japan without been part of it. Or if is for a fact that a contract between FIIO and your representative is not right at some point,  if was a american or european cars it can happens but they come as Standard with equipements that in any other country it offered as a extra cost option.
I really recomend you send my coments to the person incharge wherever if you want to say or need to say is your personal opnion, he or she may realy apreciatte it in the end the're not in Japan and 99% of consumers in Japan have no idea how things really work on this country.

BTW still really appreciatting your repply and all the attetion. 

Best regards 

Oct 24, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #26 of 38
Hi Fio 

1-Yes is Bic Camera They did offered a lot of help but i decided to take this matter with my own hands (mentioned before) and i do trust that shop.

2-I'm still waiting of a reply of an email that i did send to your Distributer / Reprensentative (Oyaide) on last saturday. if you give me your straight contact i can send you a copy, there is some other concerms that i found whem upacking that you guys may be interested. Did not get a refund for the follow reasons:

-The store was very nice to me and in this past 12 years as a customer (and now a micro share holder) i have no complains about the store and in the end was my decision to try by my own. (mentioned before). 

-Alredy i did purchase in a small store that had the best price in town for the Audio-Techinica ATH-m50x, excusive to used with the X1 (own a few BOSES & B&W now they did not sound great {Fixed EQ Curves} with the X1once they're all made for compressed music) and once they have nothing to do with my X1 i don't think is right to ask for a refund, wherever by national lawn i'm allowed  without giving any reason in the first 7 days after the purchase, another reason why i did not ask for a refund.

3-Was i mentioned before you guys may be losing an opportunity in Japan for the ones that paid more than ¥13,000 is more like they will place a complain with any problem with the player the ones that play less is more like the will not complain but is more like will never buy anything from FIIO again.

if i din't like the experience with the X1in the beggining i will not write my opnion for free regarding price tatics, (normally companies pay for such anylitcs) will just get a refund and forget about FIIO forever. Japanese Manufactories normally apreciatte and take notes of my complains till date regarding anything i did not like on they products that i purchased, and i don't work with reviews, here is normal. 

Here is words that only people in the top of your company and the top in the japanese representative office may full understaind: If there is the case, there rules to be follow by all in the japanese market by the ones that want to sell in a large scale, there is walls instead of breaking it is a better to be part of it.

On this new internet powered world still there is ways to sale and market in Japan without been part of it. Or if is for a fact that a contract between FIIO and your representative is not right at some point,  if was a american or european cars it can happens but they come as Standard with equipements that in any other country it offered as a extra cost option.

I really recomend you send my coments to the person incharge wherever if you want to say or need to say is your personal opnion, he or she may realy apreciatte it in the end the're not in Japan and 99% of consumers in Japan have no idea how things really work on this country.

BTW still really appreciatting your repply and all the attetion. 

Best regards 

Hi, EDmiya
The distributer (Oyaide) was paticipating the Headphone Festival last weekend so their reply may be late. We have also contacted them about that issue. Thank you for your kind feedback. Sorry for bringing in convenience.

Oct 24, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #27 of 38

Hi FIIO

Really gratefuly you contact Oyade and let me know they was been busy in the past few days with due to a event, due to it i can pacienttly wait for they reply till the end of this week if needed.

Your support to me till date definlly was in the japanese standard or even much better due to the fact i did not ask for it, you guys found me and start to support me, that was a great good surprise definnly not expected. 

Once Oyade provide me a player that will never crash or had any anyproblem, will be more tham happy to stick with FIIO as a fiel customer and recomend to people in the same hobby/interest definly also recomend they to buy from an authorized retailer like i did (just do justice with the price in Japan) instead of the best deals in the web like 2 X5 for US$299 It attemp me in beggining but was afraid, (first time buying the brand)  if the device come with some problem that may take few weeks or months to show up, the cheap deal could become expensive it can happens with products from any brand, and it happened to me before. 

Really appreciatte all your enforts and thank you again.

Regards. 

Oct 28, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #28 of 38

Hi FIIO

Really gratefuly you contact Oyade and let me know they was been busy in the past few days with due to a event, due to it i can pacienttly wait for they reply till the end of this week if needed.

Your support to me till date definlly was in the japanese standard or even much better due to the fact i did not ask for it, you guys found me and start to support me, that was a great good surprise definnly not expected. 

Once Oyade provide me a player that will never crash or had any anyproblem, will be more tham happy to stick with FIIO as a fiel customer and recomend to people in the same hobby/interest definly also recomend they to buy from an authorized retailer like i did (just do justice with the price in Japan) instead of the best deals in the web like 2 X5 for US$299 It attemp me in beggining but was afraid, (first time buying the brand)  if the device come with some problem that may take few weeks or months to show up, the cheap deal could become expensive it can happens with products from any brand, and it happened to me before. 

Really appreciatte all your enforts and thank you again.

Regards. 

Hi, eDmiya
Thank you for your kind feedback. We will go on improving our products and service in order to meet more need of our users.

Oct 28, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #29 of 38
Hi, eDmiya
Thank you for your kind feedback. We will go on improving our products and service in order to meet more need of our users.

Quick question, my fiio x1 has gotten alot slower then normal, it usually takes up to 5 seconds to load a music. What could be the issue?

Oct 30, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #30 of 38

Hi, eDmiya

Quick question, my fiio x1 has gotten alot slower then normal, it usually takes up to 5 seconds to load a music. What could be the issue?

Hi, smy1
Please try to update your X1 to newest firmware to see whether it helps? It is recommended to format the TF card to FAT32 for better compatibility. If you are using 200GB TF card, the operation may be slowly when meeting too many files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back