FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Mar 26, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #3,016 of 3,121
I’ve had the x1 MKII for a couple days now and I’m very pleased with it so far,now this is my first non apple Apple Music player and I was relieved that it was easy to set up,just copy & paste (after formatting in the X1)a playlist onto my new micro sd card( only a 32gb one at the moment -limited budget!)Now the only slight issue I’m having is that the artwork is a bit hit and miss some tracks show it others don’t ,this isn’t a great problem but I’d like to get this sorted out before I put my entire 240gb library on it.
If anyone can offer any tips or advice I would appreciate it and please be gentle I’m an idiot where computers are concerned ☺️thanks.
Just a bit of general info.that might be needed - all my music is in iTunes on a Lenovo laptop mostly alac rips of my cds plus a few downloads from iTunes in aac 256.

Just realised most of the tracks that show artwork are the iTunes downloads and a few of the cd rips ,all show artwork in iTunes on my pc.

Mar 27, 2018 at 5:49 AM Post #3,019 of 3,121
I have no idea. I'd say that if you are comfortable with file and folder handling you could work in parallel but my itunes experience is limited to half an hour several years ago after which I deleted it in disgust.

Bottom line is you need to tag the files and add covers. There's a load of tools out there that can do it, I don't think it matters much which you use.

Mar 27, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #3,025 of 3,121
@Killcomic ok, did some tests

Transferring 21 flac files, total 1.5gb

using an adapter in the card slot: 1:54
Using the usb cable: 8:24

So yes you do have a good point about slow transfer using USB but not as dramatic as the 1.5 hrs for 10gb you mentioned.

Updating the library: Building a 684 song library from scratch = 54 seconds

There's some room for improvemnt there but neither is affecting the fun I'm having with this :)

Mar 27, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #3,026 of 3,121
@Killcomic ok, did some tests

Transferring 21 flac files, total 1.5gb

using an adapter in the card slot: 1:54
Using the usb cable: 8:24

So yes you do have a good point about slow transfer using USB but not as dramatic as the 1.5 hrs for 10gb you mentioned.

Updating the library: Building a 684 song library from scratch = 54 seconds

There's some room for improvemnt there but neither is affecting the fun I'm having with this :)
Wait, are you using the Fiio X1 2nd Gen? Because transfer speeds and library scans speeds are the most common complaints.
Also 21 Flac files 1.5Gb? That sound excessive unless you're using very, very high resolutions.

Mar 28, 2018 at 5:46 AM Post #3,028 of 3,121
It seems to be if you browse using the file browser , it'll resume no problems. If you say browse by artist, it won't resume at all correctly, 100% of the time. There's a few other fiio threads saying the same, for other models too
Dear friend,

Seems failed to reproduce the issue. It is related to certain music files? Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 28, 2018 at 6:20 AM Post #3,029 of 3,121
Dear friend,

Seems failed to reproduce the issue. It is related to certain music files? Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

No it happens with MP3 or flac. If I listen using the file browser,it doesn't happen, if I use say browse by artiat, pause track, shutdown the restart, it doesn't resume correctly. I'm on latest firmware.

Apr 25, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #3,030 of 3,121
I'm hoping someone can help. When I listen to music through headphones, everything is fine, but when I connect the x1 to my hifi via Bluetooth, and play it, I can hear that the start of the song is missing. It's milliseconds, but I notice it, and it's becoming annoying. Is there any fix for this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back