FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Aug 6, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #2,791 of 3,121
I've not experienced one crash with my X1II, but I only use folder browsing. My card is formatted in exfat and has a mix of mp3 and AAC files on it. I haven't heard of the line out bug before, what's that? I'm guessing here, but I'd imagine FiiO is focusing on their high end models and new products because they're not very active here like they are in others. Sure would like to see them resolve some issues with this DAP.
I was also using folder browsing only, with all of my music meticulously tagged and the card formatted in the player. I think mine was just faulty. The line-out bug is an issue with the player showing that it has been switched to headphone out, but in fact is still in line-out mode. I thought FiiO would have fixed this ASAP, as it's incredibly dangerous and could damage someones hearing. I had my ears blasted quite a few times from it. I made a short video reproducing it here:

The firmware was on 1.5.6 at the time, but the bug was still reproducible on 1.6.0. I showed it to the store staff when I took it back and they were passing it on to FiiO in Melbourne along with the player.

Aug 6, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #2,792 of 3,121
I think I'll be skipping the X3-II in all honesty. I enjoyed the sound of the X1-II and had no problems with folder browsing, but FiiO have too many products on the go to fix all of the other issues. Plus, I have an LG G6 (Quad DAC model) and it sounds terrific. I'm still trying to decide whether I want to use it as a DAP full-time or not, but so far it's been great. If I want something purely for music in the future though, I think I'll be looking at offerings from other companies unless the X3-II hits it out of the park. FiiO really need a smooth launch with that product.
Thanks for the info. Although I'd like to see a smooth launch as well, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Aug 6, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #2,793 of 3,121
I think I'll be skipping the X3-II in all honesty. I enjoyed the sound of the X1-II and had no problems with folder browsing, but FiiO have too many products on the go to fix all of the other issues. Plus, I have an LG G6 (Quad DAC model) and it sounds terrific. I'm still trying to decide whether I want to use it as a DAP full-time or not, but so far it's been great. If I want something purely for music in the future though, I think I'll be looking at offerings from other companies unless the X3-II hits it out of the park. FiiO really need a smooth launch with that product.

Yes they do need a smooth launch..

Aug 7, 2017 at 6:59 AM Post #2,794 of 3,121
I was also using folder browsing only, with all of my music meticulously tagged and the card formatted in the player. I think mine was just faulty. The line-out bug is an issue with the player showing that it has been switched to headphone out, but in fact is still in line-out mode. I thought FiiO would have fixed this ASAP, as it's incredibly dangerous and could damage someones hearing. I had my ears blasted quite a few times from it. I made a short video reproducing it here:

The firmware was on 1.5.6 at the time, but the bug was still reproducible on 1.6.0. I showed it to the store staff when I took it back and they were passing it on to FiiO in Melbourne along with the player.

Dear friend,

Is this issue happening everytime? Are there any certain settings?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 8, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #2,795 of 3,121
Dear friend,

Is this issue happening everytime? Are there any certain settings?

Best regards
I tried to find out if there were any particular settings that may have been causing it, but could still reproduce the issue every time. I cannot check now as the player has been sent to FiiO in Melbourne.

Aug 9, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #2,796 of 3,121
Hi all.

I just bought the Fiio X1 II to replace my wife's old iPod mini on the recommendation that it has one of the best sound quality at that price. So far it's sonic abilities is pretty decent.

However the interface, once loaded up with songs, is pretty laggy. I only have 500 of her songs loaded but it takes easily 2-3 secs to pause a file or to go back up from playing to album.

I'm on firmware 1.5.6 which came with the player. Should updating the firmware help? Is it a bluetooth problem as sometimes she uses a Bluetooth headset?

Aug 10, 2017 at 6:29 AM Post #2,797 of 3,121
Hi all.

I just bought the Fiio X1 II to replace my wife's old iPod mini on the recommendation that it has one of the best sound quality at that price. So far it's sonic abilities is pretty decent.

However the interface, once loaded up with songs, is pretty laggy. I only have 500 of her songs loaded but it takes easily 2-3 secs to pause a file or to go back up from playing to album.

I'm on firmware 1.5.6 which came with the player. Should updating the firmware help? Is it a bluetooth problem as sometimes she uses a Bluetooth headset?

Update it to the latest firmware 1.6.0...that should speed it it up some.

Aug 10, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #2,798 of 3,121
Update it to the latest firmware 1.6.0...that should speed it it up some.

Thanks I did try this. Still rather laggy. Scrolling in the main menu always over shoots my intended selection. But I found turning off wheel touch helps as well. It's almost like the X1 is trying to decide if it's a tap or a scroll.

Aug 10, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #2,799 of 3,121
Thanks I did try this. Still rather laggy. Scrolling in the main menu always over shoots my intended selection. But I found turning off wheel touch helps as well. It's almost like the X1 is trying to decide if it's a tap or a scroll.
The wheel touch option is more nuisance than help. I tend to ignore the wheel altogether and just use the back and forth buttons whenever I can.

Aug 11, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #2,800 of 3,121
Encountered a new bug just a few minutes ago. Switched on my X1II to play music and saw the welcome screen. Inserted my k3pro and fixed the fit of the iems on my ear. When I was about ready to start playing music, I saw that the screen was black and the blue LED off. And upon close inspection, the screen wasnt really turned off but instead it was still dimly lit and there is a message barely readable stating: "No Entrypt Chip". I quickly went to fetch my phone so that maybe i can take a pic but sadly i wasnt able to since the unit completely powered off. Anyone encountered this type of bug before? Firmware is at 1.6.0.

Aug 11, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #2,801 of 3,121
Encountered a new bug just a few minutes ago. Switched on my X1II to play music and saw the welcome screen. Inserted my k3pro and fixed the fit of the iems on my ear. When I was about ready to start playing music, I saw that the screen was black and the blue LED off. And upon close inspection, the screen wasnt really turned off but instead it was still dimly lit and there is a message barely readable stating: "No Entrypt Chip". I quickly went to fetch my phone so that maybe i can take a pic but sadly i wasnt able to since the unit completely powered off. Anyone encountered this type of bug before? Firmware is at 1.6.0.
Yeah, I think that happened to me once (normally when it crashes the blue light stays on). It happened after the 1.6.0 update.

Aug 11, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #2,802 of 3,121
Dear friend,

We are trying to reproduce the issue you met. Generally, it would be fixed after rebooting. But if the restart fails to help, it may be a hardware issue with the X1II.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 11, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #2,803 of 3,121

I'm still hoping Fiio will release a firmware that will make the device more snappy but I don't know. They did say that will be releasing future firmware updates so we can hope.

Aug 11, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #2,804 of 3,121
Thanks for the reply Fiio! After I did the reboot, all is well again. I will try to recreate condition again as I recall that before I encountered the bug, I was shuffling music files between Flac and MP3s! Will report back if successful!

Aug 12, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #2,805 of 3,121
I'm looking for a replacement battery for my X5ii but Fiio hasn't responded to my E-mail to support.
It's been a week :frowning2:
If my player is no longer under warranty I'll gladly pay for it as I can't afford upgrading.
I'm also aware they can send a replacement out since they've done this for another Head-fier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back