FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Aug 16, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #2,821 of 3,121
Having both the X1-II and N3 myself, I rarely use the X1-II anymore - it's been on a shelf for the last 2 months. I only use it when I travel for playing 24/7 to a bluetooth speaker in a hotel room on random repeat. The earlier firmware was actually better in my case, as the new firmware introduced problems whereas I had none before.

My expectations for the X3-III are very low too. It uses the same processor, OS, and "design" so I would expect the same lag and slowness that the X1-II experiences. It's never been a sound quality issue, so the different sound path of the X3-III is a moot issue for me nor do I care about the balanced output. However, if they fix the firmware for the X3-III to run smooth and then don't backport the fixes to the X1-II, I'll be really pissed.

I hate both Android and iOS products, so you won't see me going there ever. I don't stream audio and I don't care about the Bluetooth...if I didn't have the N3, I'd probably go to Sony (or stick with a Zune!).

I'm sure they're still busy fixing issues with the X5 and it's share of problems, but c'mon, take a week of dev time and resolve the issues on the X1-II! The excuses are getting old, even on a $99 player!
I've owned or own the original X1 (two of these), X3II, and the X5II. These were all really good DAPs right out of the box. Yes, they required some fw updates, but FiiO took care of these devices and even the original X3 and X5 got support even after they were discontinued. No pun intended, but they shouldn't have tried to reinvent the wheel. They said the original X1 was their best selling DAP, but the second gen is no where near as good as the original IMO. I have a $30 Clip + that can play music without cutting off a song or crashing or locking up so I'm not sure what FiiO's problem is. I'm sure they'll eventually get around to fixing the X1II, but I'm tired of waiting.

Aug 16, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #2,822 of 3,121
I have a $30 Clip + that can play music without cutting off a song or crashing or locking up so I'm not sure what FiiO's problem is. I'm sure they'll eventually get around to fixing the X1II, but I'm tired of waiting.

Weird. The X1ii has always had the biggest issue of speed/leg for me. But it has never crashed, cut off a song, or locked up in the entire time I've owned it. Its one of the advantages of running Linux (inherently stable by design). If they could fix the speed, I'd be quite happy with it.

Aug 16, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #2,823 of 3,121
Weird. The X1ii has always had the biggest issue of speed/leg for me. But it has never crashed, cut off a song, or locked up in the entire time I've owned it. Its one of the advantages of running Linux (inherently stable by design). If they could fix the speed, I'd be quite happy with it.
It's never crashed or locked up in me either. I was only saying what others have mentioned here recently. The X1II cuts off a half second of the first track every time for me. I only use folder browsing and listen to albums, but it happens with the first track of every album. It occurs with flac, mp3, or AAC. I never had this problem with previous X series DAPS or my N3. Extremely annoying, yet it appears no new fw any time soon to address these issues so I'm not going to wait anymore. Moving on from this DAP. I'm sure they'll get around to it sooner or later.

Aug 16, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #2,824 of 3,121
It's never crashed or locked up in me either. I was only saying what others have mentioned here recently. The X1II cuts off a half second of the first track every time for me. I only use folder browsing and listen to albums, but it happens with the first track of every album. It occurs with flac, mp3, or AAC. I never had this problem with previous X series DAPS or my N3. Extremely annoying, yet it appears no new fw any time soon to address these issues so I'm not going to wait anymore. Moving on from this DAP. I'm sure they'll get around to it sooner or later.
That happens to me only after boot up or when waking up from idle. Chops the first second or two from whatever track I listen to right after boot up/wake up. You'd think it would be a no brained to get this sorted. I've never had a player do that, not even the ultra crappy $20 player I once bought for giggles.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #2,825 of 3,121
That happens to me only after boot up or when waking up from idle. Chops the first second or two from whatever track I listen to right after boot up/wake up. You'd think it would be a no brained to get this sorted. I've never had a player do that, not even the ultra crappy $20 player I once bought for giggles.
One would think it'd be an easy fix, but apparently not for FiiO.

Aug 18, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #2,827 of 3,121
Dear friend,

Sorry for the delay. We checked our mailbox and found that your mail has been mistakenly marked as spam by our mail server, so we did not read it until now.

We will reply your mail right away. Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards
Thank you :)

Well, I replied but I haven't heard back.
Perhaps my reply went to spam as well.

Aug 19, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #2,828 of 3,121
I received a replacement player for the one I returned. I'm keeping it in its plastic and selling it off while it's brand new - too troublesome to warrant keeping. Another note, I think from a features standpoint, the X3II looks less appealing than the first gen version.

Aug 20, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #2,829 of 3,121
Hello,
It seems to be a good place to ask my question. A couple of weeks ago, my bag pack was robbed and with it my Ipod nano 7gen. Now I am searching for a replacement. I normally use it at gym or when I am running so I need something durable and stable. I was thinking maybe this time I change to another player in the same price range 200 dollar. how are FIIO X3II in comparison with Ipod nano? for me sound quality is important, also i have a bose soundsport wireless headphones, anyone have experience with FIIO bluetooth connection? thanks

Aug 20, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #2,830 of 3,121
Well, I replied but I haven't heard back.
Perhaps my reply went to spam as well.

Well I got my reply.
I sent another reply back which I hope Fiio reads.
Apparently Fiio thinks Canada Customs won't let batteries through which is untrue.
They only need to be marked accordingly.
I sent a direct link to Canada customs directions.

Aug 21, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #2,831 of 3,121
Hello,
It seems to be a good place to ask my question. A couple of weeks ago, my bag pack was robbed and with it my Ipod nano 7gen. Now I am searching for a replacement. I normally use it at gym or when I am running so I need something durable and stable. I was thinking maybe this time I change to another player in the same price range 200 dollar. how are FIIO X3II in comparison with Ipod nano? for me sound quality is important, also i have a bose soundsport wireless headphones, anyone have experience with FIIO bluetooth connection? thanks

The Fiio X3ii is much larger than an iPod nano and it doesn't have bluetooth so probably not a good option for your needs but you could ask on the X3II thread.

Aug 21, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #2,832 of 3,121
Can someone kindly do a sound quality comparison between the X1 II, X1 and/or X3 II?

Sep 2, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #2,833 of 3,121
Well I got my reply.
I sent another reply back which I hope Fiio reads.
Apparently Fiio thinks Canada Customs won't let batteries through which is untrue.
They only need to be marked accordingly.
I sent a direct link to Canada customs directions.

The Fiio products are widely available in Canada so why would you bother importing one? There are like 10 retailers in Toronto alone who carry the Fiio DAP's and if you buy it here getting service is much easier if needed

Sep 2, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #2,835 of 3,121
???
You need to reread my posts.
I'm talking about Importing a replacement battery.

Yeah sorry about that I haven't checked this thread for quite awhile and don't have time to go back through a bunch of posts. But I have purchased several Fiio products from dealers in Toronto. They told me they would take care of any service needs so I would be counting on them to get me a new battery if needed. The nice thing about Sony was when my battery on my A17 needed replacing they gave me a new unit. I simply shipped them my old one and they shipped me a brand new one a few days later. I have never gotten a Fiio product serviced but not impressed with your experience and how Fiio has handled it. Yet another reason I will stick with Sony DAP's

I hope everything works out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back