FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Mar 18, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #2,281 of 3,121
Haha the thing is that i don't have the patience to use my gears for 300hrs and slowly wait for the burn in. But, then again, we all have our little rituals which we swear by, and my side swears that burn im is a precise methodology that can help you make subtle, but controlled tweaks to the overall sonic signature, depending on what you do and which burn in track you use. The only reason why I bought into the fiio, is that it can run flac files (unlike some of the cheaper players), and has a screen that makes manipulating burn-in tracks so much easier than a simple input-only player.

Heck, this fiio has not left the table, and has not played anything other than burn in tracks, ever since i bought it last year. It's constantly powered by the ifi (to ensure a clean power input) and running my different gears in 24/7. I hope fiio has covers 24/7 constant plugged in usage. But, even if they dont, I bought this as a disposable player, in every sense of that description, to serve its role as a easily replaceable tool to enhance my main gears' performance. I do have some friends who said that I should have stuck to using an opus 1 as a burn in rig, but even I think that spending more than 150 is abit overkill for a device that mainly serves to output pink/white/sine waves/noises.

What on earth have you been smoking?

Mar 18, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #2,283 of 3,121
What on earth have you been smoking?

etysmile.gif

Mar 18, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #2,284 of 3,121

Whatever the sony engineers have been smoking too, when they suggested that both the 1Z and the phones designed to go with it needs to be burned it.....so you might wanna ask them instead :) 

and, you might wanna read the head fi posting etiquette again :) 

I mean you can abuse your hardware any way you like, but please consider donating an item rather than buying something and throwing it away; If you have the money of just throwing away stuff, better help those who don't have rather than letting electronics go to waste. Especially as electronic waste is not good for the environment. 

This being said, you really really really don't need burn in this much, x1ii sounds great out of the box and there wasn't any change in its sound over the course of 200 hours or so. 

Mar 18, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #2,285 of 3,121
Hi guys, I'm enjoying the X1ii so far. I don't use Bluetooth and disable the click function on wheel. I think this is great little player for the price and for people that live in the third world (like me in Brazil) it gives a chance to a good performance
wink_face.gif
I'm not saying that it's a product to target the third world, but its easier to reach them.

Mar 18, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #2,286 of 3,121
  Hi guys, I'm enjoying the X1ii so far. I don't use Bluetooth and disable the click function on wheel. I think this is great little player for the price and for people that live in the third world (like me in Brazil) it gives a chance to a good performance
wink_face.gif
I'm not saying that it's a product to target the third world, but its easier to reach them.

As long as it brings happiness somewhere, that's all that matters! 

Romania isn't a great country either and many people can't invest as much as they would like on audio products, but FiiO comes with X1ii and it makes their days brighter. This means a lot to some folks here who otherwise wouldn't be able to enjoy a great sound 
etysmile.gif

Mar 19, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #2,288 of 3,121

Sony’s film division had a billion dollar write off, but they’re not cutting back on movie production.  They’re in the midst of hiring a new studio chief.  The studio isn’t “getting more into television” as they’ve always had a burgeoning TV division and robust global syndication.  That was part of the allure of the initial acquistion. Sony's main financial windfalls these days come from Playstation, but perhaps there should be a separate thread devoted to discussing the solvency of corporations.

I did find it interesting to see someone else refer to the X1-II as “disposable,” as I had, but it’s not to downgrade the player as to more exalt the portability.  I view it as a pocket device as opposed to the centerpiece of a desktop audio system.  While I’m fine traveling on a plane with a QP1R, I wouldn’t feel as copacetic jogging with it.  I dropped the X1-II once and didn't sweat it.  If that happened to any higher priced DAP, I'd scream like Janet Leigh.

Well my statement came from a Sony financial summary released last year that I read.  If Sony changed their minds again I guess I am not surprised, I have never been able to figure out why Sony does what they do.
biggrin.gif

Exactly why I will never spend more than $300.00 on a DAP.  To much paranoia about dropping and damaging it or having it get stolen.  Oh yeah and the non-replaceable batteries!!

Mar 19, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #2,291 of 3,121
Looks like everyone's boack discussing about this DAP, that's cool :D

Personnally, I'm currently OK with it. The fact that gapless playback, ReplayGain and other main features are still not implemented does frustrate me as much as 2 months ago, mostly because I ended up taking it as is.

About the firmware update, I think we should not go up our high horses right away : I read some firmware threads on the Fiio X1, and it seems to be a trend for the communication team to announce dates, even for their final iteration of the firmware.

btw, @Dobrescu George hey man, how's it going since? :)

Mar 19, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #2,292 of 3,121
Oh, also : @FiiO Devin @Fiio Head-Fier @JamesFiiO :

Could it be possible to obtain the sources of the fifo-audio-app, please?
EDIT : I know that, from the POV of a company, the source code is a different entity from the actually comiled software, and that buying a product containing a piece of software does not necesseraly mean owning the source code it comes from. But I would really like to try to make a custom GUI for the Fiio X1-II while basing myself on your program :)

Mar 20, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #2,293 of 3,121

EDIT : I know that, from the POV of a company, the source code is a different entity from the actually comiled software, and that buying a product containing a piece of software does not necesseraly mean owning the source code it comes from. But I would really like to try to make a custom GUI for the Fiio X1-II while basing myself on your program :)

Dear kaegell,

Thank you for the support to us. We will report to our managers and consider whether it is available for users to DIY the themes of X1II.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 20, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #2,294 of 3,121

Dear kaegell,

Thank you for the support to us. We will report to our managers and consider whether it is available for users to DIY the themes of X1II.

Best regards

I'd love to see a custom (or official FiiO) simple black theme GUI.

--

Users who are viewing this thread

Back