FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Mar 21, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #2,296 of 3,121
Hi, guys!

Anybody in here tried pairing up a Topping NX1A with the X1ii? Any thoughts with the synergy? I'm planning to cop an X1ii some time in the next couple of weeks.

There's a chance you will even like X1ii better alone.  sound better alone 
biggrin.gif

The sound is really really good, especially at its price poiint. 

Mar 21, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #2,299 of 3,121
  But for just the heck of it (lol), any idea what amp is good to pair with the X1ii?

Any amp you actually like 
biggrin.gif

FiiO A5 is pretty well regarded, FiiO E12A is a cool AMP. Those that are cheaper might not sound better than X1ii itself, I don't joke when I say it is really good 
biggrin.gif

I mean, at its price, I have not heard a better DAP yet. 

Mar 21, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #2,300 of 3,121

Any amp you actually like 
biggrin.gif

FiiO A5 is pretty well regarded, FiiO E12A is a cool AMP. Those that are cheaper might not sound better than X1ii itself, I don't joke when I say it is really good 
biggrin.gif

I mean, at its price, I have not heard a better DAP yet. 

Thanks! One last thing though, how would you compare this to the Xduuo X3 - sq alone?

Mar 24, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #2,303 of 3,121
For those running blue tooth speakers.

How much battery life do you lose running Bluetooth versus just using a 3.5 mm cord with BT off?

(tried searching but found nothing.)

Mar 26, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #2,304 of 3,121
  hello guys, for the same price would you prefer a x1 2nd or a x3 first gen?
the dac in this last one is for sure better plus it has digital and analog output..

I went for the X1 2nd gen because I was worried about warranty issues and I liked the touch wheel design of the x1 ii. Also digital out wasn't that important to me.

However if you are not worried about warranty, you may be able to pick up a refurb/secondhand x3 II at the same price. That was something I could try but decided not to do :)

Mar 28, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #2,306 of 3,121
  It's been a long time now since the last firmware update. I thought they would have made the UI nice and zippy by now.
rolleyes.gif

two months isn't that long, is it?

as for the zippy UI, that may never happen. 

Thanks to comments here, I got a 1st generation X1 a couple of weeks ago, and I love it. The 2nd gen sounds like a prototype that shouldn't have hit the market.

Mar 28, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #2,307 of 3,121

two months isn't that long, is it?

as for the zippy UI, that may never happen. 

Thanks to comments here, I got a 1st generation X1 a couple of weeks ago, and I love it. The 2nd gen sounds like a prototype that shouldn't have hit the market.

A couple months is pretty long but you're probably right that the UI will never be zippy. If they could do that I think it would have been done by now.

Mar 28, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #2,308 of 3,121

A couple months is pretty long but you're probably right that the UI will never be zippy. If they could do that I think it would have been done by now.

Yes, maybe it has to do with the new OS they used? I think I read something about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back