FiiO X1 firmware version 1.10 download and discussion thread
Nov 15, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #76 of 206
in a nutshell, and that has been true since the X3, when somebody has troubles it is almost always because:
- some files aren't music or aren't supported(covers too big or gif png... or even because several pictures where embedded inside one same song)
- the card wasn't correctly formatted or is just bad.(and anything bigger than 32giga has a lot more chances of not being natively at the right format). use the X1, or use something like GUIformat, not windows formatting stuff. we say it again and again, but I'm very sure a lot of guys still go with windows option because they are too lazy to do it right.
-some tags that make the player crash, because they are weird unusual tags, because they have non roman characters(utf8 support?)... the reasons are hard to find but it's easy to know if a track crashes the DAP or not by removing it, and trying to put it in again without tags.

I always format my cards and have all my songs following the same model of tagging and cover. I use only mp3 max vbr and flac default compression, and I have never had those described bugs/crashes with fiio. or most of the bug reported on cowon, sony, ibasso, samsung...
when all is clean the chances for problems get a lot smaller.
 again for those who have a mess of a library with years of grabbing whatever is on the net, and never even sorting them out. you can "clean your room" with something like mp3tag. or you may in the future, want to stick with something like apple or sony using the provided software. those softwares a crap when you know better, but they will not put on your DAP the files that might make it crash. in fact, they have settings to convert whatever needs to be automatically. it's a serious alternative for those who are really lost. and I'm not taunting, it's a serious advice, just like I would give linux to my mother. that doesn't mean I have anything but love for her.
wink_face.gif

Nov 15, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #77 of 206
Yeah, what he said.

I have never had a crash due to a file on my C3, my iBasso or my Fiios.  I take care of my cards and I take care of my files.  

It's like taking care of your car.  It may work for a while without oil changes and tuneups, but eventually it's going to bite you in your rear.  

Nov 16, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #82 of 206

Hm, where did you get your 128GB card? And for how much? 

There are fakes floating around, so if you paid a low price for it (USD$50 or less), there's a chance it's a fake card. You can use a program called H2testw to test your card. 

Thanks man, you were right! The real size of the memory didn't reflect the declared one. I'm really sorry, I made a fool of myself! In spite of everything, I think that overtaking the limit of 5800 files should be a priority for a player which can support 128 GB of capacity. 

Nov 16, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #84 of 206
Hiya everyone,
Can you send me an example of working .m3u playlist file generated by the X1 DAP so I may reformat existing .m3u playlists generated by iTunes?  In essence, can the .m3u reference subfolders in your music library or MUST the playlist be on the same directory level...?  
This would be immensely helpful.
Thanks!

Nov 16, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #85 of 206
  Hiya everyone,
Can you send me an example of working .m3u playlist file generated by the X1 DAP so I may reformat existing .m3u playlists generated by iTunes?  In essence, can the .m3u reference subfolders in your music library or MUST the playlist be on the same directory level...?  
This would be immensely helpful.
Thanks!

wink_face.gif
  http://www.head-fi.org/t/691332/fiio-x1-the-new-start-of-the-high-res-dap-with-individual-dac-and-headphone-amp/3900#post_11045752

Nov 22, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #86 of 206
Hi,
I have a problem and I've looked everywhere but couldn't find a solution. I recently bought a Fiio X1 and a 64GB Generic Micro SD. After updating the firmware successfully and putting all my music on it I encountered a problem where only certain files would open. Some files, if selected would freeze my device and I would have to restart it through the small restart button on the side. Only some files would have this problem and there seems to be a point where all the files after a certain file wouldn't open. After checking the SD card all of the songs within that file were no where to be found. I don't know if this is a problem with the device, or a problem with the SD card, though I think it might be with the SD card since it is a generic one. All of my files are MP3.

Nov 22, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #87 of 206
  Hi,
I have a problem and I've looked everywhere but couldn't find a solution. I recently bought a Fiio X1 and a 64GB Generic Micro SD. After updating the firmware successfully and putting all my music on it I encountered a problem where only certain files would open. Some files, if selected would freeze my device and I would have to restart it through the small restart button on the side. Only some files would have this problem and there seems to be a point where all the files after a certain file wouldn't open. After checking the SD card all of the songs within that file were no where to be found. I don't know if this is a problem with the device, or a problem with the SD card, though I think it might be with the SD card since it is a generic one. All of my files are MP3.

This has been discussed several times in this thread already, you most likely have a fake card. You can use a program called h2testw to check, but I can tell you that it's fake and you should try to get your money back, if possible. These cards are smaller cards (2GB, 4GB, etc.) that have been modified to show up as larger capacities (64GB, 128GB, etc.), so if you transfer 50GB of music to it, only 2 or 4GB (depending on the card's actual size) of your music will work.

Nov 22, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #89 of 206
Ugh, I'm an idiot, I only got reading the other posts of this thread now. Should have done that before posting. Apologies, and thank you so much. I've been so frustrated with this and wanted to through it out the window. 

Nov 22, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #90 of 206
  Ugh, I'm an idiot, I only got reading the other posts of this thread now. Should have done that before posting. Apologies, and thank you so much. I've been so frustrated with this and wanted to through it out the window. 

It's no problem, and at least you know what the problem was. Hopefully you didn't buy it too long ago and you can try to get a refund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back