FiiO X1 firmware version 1.10 download and discussion thread
Nov 12, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #61 of 206
  I seriously need you guys to include a direct stop, when you are listening to music. Like clicking on the middle button to stop music, while the X1's screen is off.

Yesterday, I was listening to music and my brother tried to talk to me. So I looked at my Fiio X1 and had to go to a track to stop the playing music. It seriously took me a few seconds. Usually you would just push on the play/stop button so that the music stops within a second. That is whats missing here in my opinion...

There is a setting to allow the middle button to be used while the screen is off. Also one to allow middle and next/prev tracks.

Nov 12, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #63 of 206
Don't know about your device but mine stops playing when the screen is off and I push the center button.  I push it again and it starts the music.  

You have found the lock screen choices in settings?

Nov 12, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #64 of 206
Nov 13, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #65 of 206
Hi everyone. I've just bought a Fiio X1 but it is capable of reading only 540 songs. In particular, when I manually update the Media library, a message says: "540 songs updated". Can I fix this problem? Thanks in advance :)

Nov 13, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #66 of 206
Hi everyone. I've just bought a Fiio X1 but it is capable of reading only 540 songs. In particular, when I manually update the Media library, a message says: "540 songs updated". Can I fix this problem? Thanks in advance
smily_headphones1.gif

How many songs did you put on your device?

Nov 13, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #68 of 206
About 1000 songs

When you were transferring your music over, did it say 1000 files? If it did, that also includes album art images, playlist files, etc., so there may not actually be 1000 songs.

But yea, try to find the songs that are missing. Check the file info and compare to songs that do show up.

Nov 13, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #69 of 206
For first, thanks for your help, I've just received the player and I need to solve this problem, otherwise I'm going to give it back. In the device there are about 1200 files so I made an estimation of 1000 songs (in order to exclude album images and other stuff). Actually I stored my music collection from the 'A' directory to the 'D' directory, respect to the name of the artist/band (for example from "Aerosmith" to "Daft Punk") but when I try to show the artist list from the "Now Playing" menu, the list stops at the letter C (for ex. "Coldplay"). Furthermore, using the "Browse Files" menu, when I select a directory wich is not displayed in the "Now Playing" menu (for ex. "Daft Punk"), the player freeze. Currently, I'm using a San Disk 128 GB micro sd because I would make the most of my X1.

Nov 13, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #70 of 206
  For first, thanks for your help, I've just received the player and I need to solve this problem, otherwise I'm going to give it back. In the device there are about 1200 files so I made an estimation of 1000 songs (in order to exclude album images and other stuff). Actually I stored my music collection from the 'A' directory to the 'D' directory, respect to the name of the artist/band (for example from "Aerosmith" to "Daft Punk") but when I try to show the artist list from the "Now Playing" menu, the list stops at the letter C (for ex. "Coldplay"). Furthermore, using the "Browse Files" menu, when I select a directory wich is not displayed in the "Now Playing" menu (for ex. "Daft Punk"), the player freeze. Currently, I'm using a San Disk 128 GB micro sd because I would make the most of my X1.

Hm, where did you get your 128GB card? And for how much? 

There are fakes floating around, so if you paid a low price for it (USD$50 or less), there's a chance it's a fake card. You can use a program called H2testw to test your card. 

Nov 13, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #71 of 206
Card issues (fake or not formatted in the player as required) or tagging issues.  As we keep posting here when people report these kinds of issues, it all comes down to those two items.  It's not an issue with the player.

The player will hold 5800 files.  You should not be using non-embedded photos if at all possible.  They can cause issues.  I would suggest that you only include music files.  Your tags need to be checked to make sure nothing strange (unusual symbols or letters) is present.  

Go to the Folder menu icon and open it.  See how many music files show up there.  Most of us use folders to play music out of.  

Nov 14, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #72 of 206
  How much did you pay for this 'generic' card? Most likely fake, if I had to guess :p

You can use a program called h2testw to see if it's legit or not. 

Not fake... I'm pretty sure it's a quality issue. It works very well in our cameras, though. Good thing you didn't need to guess, huh? 

Nov 14, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #73 of 206
  Not fake... I'm pretty sure it's a quality issue. It works very well in our cameras, though. Good thing you didn't need to guess, huh? 

Devices will be able to write to fake cards with no problems. It's when you try to get your data off the card, you'll see only a portion (ex. 4GB if it's really a 4GB card, 8GB if it's really an 8GB card) of it will work, the rest will be corrupt.

But hey, I was just trying to help. Shame on me, right? 

Nov 14, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #74 of 206
You'd be surprised at how many posts we've seen where people were sure it wasn't THEIR cards at fault.  If you don't check, you don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back